Sign in to follow this  
hoogs

When do you feel safe to logout?

Take a chance logout in Elektro somewhere  where you know bandits hang out and get a jump on them

Is this a "how to find a private spot to take a piss" thread?

Just replace log out with take a piss :P

Edited by Huskynine

Safest place is the woods north of the rr tracks on the north side of the map, no zeds up there yet.  Just go straight north of the NWAF, cross the rr tracks, find a nice wooded area, kick back and relax in a zed free zone.

What if you are in Cherno?

Never, theres allways a chance your gear gets resetted for joining another server (happened to me 7 times) OR just getting unluckily killed when logging back. I guess the safest places however are sheds, forests, bushes.

Two or more story buildings in smaller towns are usually safe for now.  Also smoke stacks if you can risk not being spotted by other players.

Middle of the woods is safe most of the time if you make sure Zeds or players aren't trailing you.

Just imagine that would be implemented. Killed on Piss. I wouldn't want that.  :D

I search for a nice two story building and far north in the woods. Those red or green houses are best. They have less to no loot, so nobody cares about them.

• Like 1

99.9% of the time I refuse to log out in a forest, but rather find a two story building and wait 60 seconds to ensure I don't hear any agro'd zombies before logging out. If I hear them, theres a great chance they won't be able to get upstairs, so it won't matter, but just to be extra safe I wipe them out too. The larger apartment buildings have been even safer hideouts, especially the one with the ladder-elevator. But I haven't ever had an issue with lagging through buildings to my death or issues with ladders so can understand why others are leery.

That's exactly what i'd do.

>Zombies are far too broken ATM

never safe, don´t log out

Edited by DMentMan

Just imagine that would be implemented. Killed on Piss. I wouldn't want that.  :D

I search for a nice two story building and far north in the woods. Those red or green houses are best. They have less to no loot, so nobody cares about them.

Oh yes, just make sure no one sees you going in! Also how long does it take for your body to despawn?

Oh yes, just make sure no one sees you going in! Also how long does it take for your body to despawn?

I know. I wait a few minutes ans check my surroundings before logging out. It takes about 30 seconds before you spawn out.

considered cheating, but ever wonder how people combat log and ghost on you? end the process on your computer- instant log out

You are never safe.  There is no safety in the DayZ world.  Anyone at anytime could be scratched, infected and eat you alive.  :huh:

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Agreed! Thank you my good man..same to you B)

Alternatively known as 'never drop a log where you wouldn't drop a log' 

j13dr9.jpg

edit- :D

Edited by SmokedUpJoe
  • Like 2

I go to the woods as well and wait about 2 mins to make sure that there are no zombies about to kill me when it's logging out :)

considered cheating, but ever wonder how people combat log and ghost on you? end the process on your computer- instant log out

Have you not played in a while? No matter how you log out or alt tab your avatar stays in game for 30 seconds. Gives someone time to kill you so attempts to deter combat log.

Honestly, for me it isn't about always being kitted up and having gear so honestly, when I feel I have played enough for the night I just walk into the first building I see, go to the highest point and log out.  If i die, I die... no worries, I can be kitted again in less than 30 minutes in 99% of the time.  I find the most fun I have is when I am a freshie and running around without a care in the world :)

Server hopping. This is the safest way I've found to log in and out of the game. Did it in DayZ Mod and I am doing it in SA. 

Log out in the safest and most secure area possible (usually in a bush or non-loot building).

I ONLY log back in on low populated servers to ensure my safety. Move to my desired location or loot (on the low population server) and server hop to a different server to KOS or HERO.

After yesterday, I run even deeper into the woods, away from points that would allow direct view to activity centers (players spawn right at the same time => chaos), and then I scan the area for a minute for guys in yellow raincoats while sitting in a bush. Guy in the yellow raincoat, if you read this... you are a masterstalker. Kudos.

• Like 1

When I'm on the roof of the fire station in Elektro.

After yesterday, I run even deeper into the woods, away from points that would allow direct view to activity centers (players spawn right at the same time => chaos), and then I scan the area for a minute for guys in yellow raincoats while sitting in a bush. Guy in the yellow raincoat, if you read this... you are a masterstalker. Kudos.

They know...

I've found some places are easier to logout than others.  I logged out when playing with a few friends.  They stayed on and watched a Z run right for me after I logged out and the Z killed me with one hit.  They didn't have time to react.

I bet they never had time to react, they were too busy axing you in the back. I have never encountered this one hit zombie bug but i believe it is very rare, also your friends were watching, hhhmmmmm. I have logged out before and logged back in bleeding where zombies obviously hit me in the 30 seconds but this story seems very strange to me personally.