Sign in to follow this  
smorisson28

Does being wet or soaked have any effect on you?

Is it really such a big deal? I expected I'd get sick after a while, but I've been soaked for a long, long time, and I haven't noticed any problems. Help me out?

Smorisson28 (or, RustyPancake)

No, not yet. Read the patch notes as they come out as it will eventually make you sick etc...

Id suggest making it a practice of not getting wet just so your already prepped for the transition in build updates.

But if its the choice of running in rain/ sitting in a building for hours. Just do the run part.

Avoid puddles just as practice because I think Footwear deteriorates easier if wet. <-- Not sure on that one.

• Like 2

the title+ my dirty mind = Weird thoughts.

• Like 1

the title+ my dirty mind = Weird thoughts.

"You are getting moist" 

lol

• Like 1

Id suggest making it a practice of not getting wet just so your already prepped for the transition in build updates.

But if its the choice of running in rain/ sitting in a building for hours. Just do the run part.

Avoid puddles just as practice because I think Footwear deteriorates easier if wet. <-- Not sure on that one.

Ape seem's to know what he's talking about. Even if there aren't negatives I still stay out of the rain at all times if I can help it.

I've noticed that when you go onto a dock or boardwalk over water you get instantly wet (oo-er) as if you had jumped in water. I hope this is resolved before wet clothes becomes a risk factor!

It'll eventually be a lot easier to stay dry once the game progresses since special clothes will prevent you from getting wet.

So you don't really need to pratice staying dry, you just need to find a poncho or rain proof jacket asap. :P

Do you know by any chance if rain coats actually protect you from the rain? Because if not, those orange rain coats are good for nothing except making you easy to spot.

Do you know by any chance if rain coats actually protect you from the rain? Because if not, those orange rain coats are good for nothing except making you easy to spot.

Not for me. I wore a bright yellow raincoat in midst of a thunderstorm and still had the you are soaking messages.

I think clothing such as

Wool Jackets

Winter Coats

Rain proof jackets

Military clothing

Should protect you from the rain. I would not want to throw away everything to get a special raincoat to get around during bad weather.

I think clothing such as

Wool Jackets

Winter Coats

Rain proof jackets

Military clothing

Should protect you from the rain. I would not want to throw away everything to get a special raincoat to get around during bad weather.

Nop it doesn't protect you against it, I'm wearing a raincoat.

If you are soaked for a long time it's deteriorating all the stuff that you carry.

Nop it doesn't protect you against it, I'm wearing a raincoat.

If you are soaked for a long time it's deteriorating all the stuff that you carry.

Really? It deteriorates them?? Never heard of that, dang. So how long does it take?

right now it rains alot. the rain will be decreased by a ton. right now they have it raining all the time to test the system. rin coats and such, while i dont believe they do anything now, will help later. I assume the wool clothing they added to the game also will help with this, as the main reason to not be wet is hypothermia, and wool retains its heat holding ability even while wet

I just hope they don't back off the rain TOO much. I like being able to fill water bottles and canteens with rain water. It's a lot easier and safer than trying to get water from wells or ponds where people camp to snipe you.

I just hope they don't back off the rain TOO much. I like being able to fill water bottles and canteens with rain water. It's a lot easier and safer than trying to get water from wells or ponds where people camp to snipe you.

Wow can you really do that? I got 3 bottles on me I need to fill and have been running through rain all day.

It takes a while since you only fill 1-2% each attempt, but as long as it's raining just open your inventory and right click your bottle(s). "Catch rain water..." should be your first option.