Sign in to follow this  
franjozubcic

Ideas for the game

Wow, that actually looks fantastic... The spearfishing/woodchopping would such awesome features for dayz, I just doubt the engine can handle any of that though.

Wow, that actually looks fantastic... The spearfishing/woodchopping would such awesome features for dayz, I just doubt the engine can handle any of that though.

Actually, some of the mods had the ability to chop a tree down and then to gather wood from it.

There is already in place coding for the trees to be knocked down.. there basically already is destruction for everything in game, they just would have to code it all in (not easy at all) as the SA is a different style build than the mods but the mods had all of this in essence. 

Im sure they could easily do it in Dayz (again easily is a very loose term here.. it would take months, and months of work. But its possible)

BTW, that game looks awesome  :o

Edited by lrish

Actually, some of the mods had the ability to chop a tree down and then to gather wood from it.

There is already in place coding for the trees to be knocked down.. there basically already is destruction for everything in game, they just would have to code it all in (not easy at all) as the SA is a different style build than the mods but the mods had all of this in essence. 

Im sure they could easily do it in Dayz (again easily is a very loose term here.. it would take months, and months of work. But its possible)

BTW, that game looks awesome  :o

Yer I'm sure chopping down trees will be in the game. I just doubt that the animation will be as good, spearfishing could probably be put in but again I can't imagine it would be anywhere near as smooth. I'm talking out of my ass here but could the fact 'the forest' is single player explain how its engine is capable of rendering such smooth animations? (I'm only just proficient at c, so a game engine is a mystical beast to me)

Although one thing I seriously hope they add at some point is proper dense forests, as dense as the ones in that vid. That would be swell.

• Like 1

Although one thing I seriously hope they add at some point is proper dense forests, as dense as the ones in that vid. That would be swell.

That would be great to have some new forests that are very dense.. maybe as they add the cities in up North they can do some additions like that?

I would love to see the lightning strikes not just be static.. like they actually hit down in game and can cause heart attacks and death, or trees to fall/catch fire.. buildings to lose their lighting at night, stuff like that. Forest fires, random ones that happened like at most once per server would be amazing.. just amazing 

• Like 1

tfw actually have Oculus right now

38915611.jpg

That trailer looked like something you'd see out of Hollywood, props to the devs :)