kihz

What is "Fully Geared" to you?

My best geared char so far, not just because of the weapons, but also the outfit.

Always had a fully pristine modded mosin on me, and then changed from m4, to blaser, to sks, and back to m4.

Don't have a screenshot of the inventory but, but had plenty of ammo and med supplies as well.

Had that char for 2 weeks, and then lost it after climbing a ladder and falling right back down again after i reached the top.  :D

Also notice the handsome construction worker at my side ;)

sljhbd.jpg

21j3wwi.jpg

28sn12r.jpg

yeah it was a joke, kinda... lol i was being facetious. but point remains, water wells = stuck in the ground = have to go back to them = cannot (when tents are implemented) survive without going near a place with one. for me point of being geared up is 1)not having to go to deep in to a place that may contain other survivors looking for gear to survive 2) being able to help other people i do decide to make my self known to who seem to need help (i like to observer bandits trying to bash out noobs, and then anyone who bests said bandit has me run over gun trained on them shouting in direct "get down on the ground now dude and this will all end nicely for you") where by i offer them maybe some berries or meat (all foods that i can restock without going near a town or player) and offering water (as opposed to giving cans which i may need if i didnt have a canteen) im no hero, if i think ur  a pillock i will shoot you or trick you or whatever, but im no bandit either ( i will observe you for a time before i approach you if i see you first, so as to see what playstyle you have) dayz is a great game for finding like minded people to play games with, as well as a great place to really piss of dick heads (usually bandits) and things like survival gear ie canteens greatly help me to avoid unnessacary confrontations and survive how i would do myself if this shit ever really happened

i can see you point sort of, i usually hang northward as well, its just whenever my guy is less then hydrated im gonna go to a pump, which like never happens, it takes litterally an hour before i start to thirst more.

Fully geared means -

having enough food to survive (3 cans is enough, with a bag of rice)

a canteen or water bottle (not even necessary with all those pumps and ponds)

camouflage clothing - that's not always green, I prefer beige or brown

a gun and a pistol with mags and ammo

medical supplies spread around your inventory (2 bandages, 1 in backpack, 1 somewhere else)

a melee weapon that's IN your backpack so it's not sticking out

:)

Edited by EvilTigerAce

Like everyone else has said. Fully geared means:

-Food and Water

-Fireman's Axe

-All earth toned clothes and weapons

-Rifle and Pistol w/ ammo

-Big backpack

-Plenty of bandages and some sticks

-Compass

That's about it really. If you have all that stuff you will be able to handle most anything that DayZ can throw at you. Here's my current character. Full camo, chest rig, all items painted green, tons of ammo, bandages, food, water, etc....

DayZ2014-03-2816-07-44-15_zps9be711f5.pn

For those who say you need a canteen:

canteens are useless.

I rather like Canteens. They come handy for longer treks when you don't want to break into your soda supply.

For those who say you need a canteen:

canteens are useless.

Except for carrying water. Then, they're useful.

Usually pretty happy once I have a mosin. Gimme a mosin, a scope, and a few rounds, and I'm happy as can be. Of course, also having a can opener, axe, a few bandages, some morphine, wellies, and a flat cap. I'm pretty good to go after that.

Stetson (Stetsons are COOL), checked shirt with chest holster, brown hunters pants and wellies, 1911 with 3 mags, and a green Ruger/sporter .22 with 300 rounds.

Plus medical supplies and a can opener/canteen.

The 1911 is for a little close range stopping power in case of players, the .22 for everything else, including players. (That's what head shots are for)

edit: THERE'S A LARGE MAG FOR THE SPORTER?? I need it.

Edited by Merrick362

Fully geared to me is anyone who has a gun, ammo for it (like 5 mags), enough food and water to live, and some cool clothes. So basically what I'm saying is anyone who can light me up like a Christmas tree.

Fireaxe.  Done.  The rest I get while licking the blood of my enemies off the blade as I peruse their now lifeless bodies.  On a more serious note, I consider fully geared to be a fully clothed player with a way to defend themselves from zombies and MAYBE a pistol.  I like my zombie apocalypse with only a handful of military badasses, not 15 on a 40 man server.  Everybody else, to me at least, just seem like overkill...  I once found a guy with over 2000 5.56 rounds ON HIS PERSON.  Still never found out if that was a hacker or the worlds oldest server hopper...

Hunting backpack with Med pack, small protector case, ammo box, compass, map, sewing kit, weapon cleanng kit, handcuffs and key, gas mask, hack saw, berlap sack, and 2  loaded 30RD PM5 mags 1 grenade. med pack will have 2 bandages, 2 morphine auto-inectors, antibiotics, vitamin bottle. small protector case will have 2 batteries and FNX45 with pistaol flashlight, suppressor, and loaded mag. ammo box will have 2 .45 ACP, 2 9mm, 6 5.56mm.

Smersh vest with backpack attached with MP5, and 4 loaded 15RD FNX45 mags. MP5 will have butstock, handguard, M68, and 30RD loaded mag

Gorka military pants and acket, jacket has canteen 2 canned tuna, and binoculars, pants will have 3 AK101 loaded mags

AK101 with AK folding butstock, AK handguard rail with flashlight and atlas bipod, and pso1 scope

MIlitary boots with combat knife

Fire axe

loadout will change later with new guns, bags, and other items needed

Fully Geared:

Weapons:

M4A1 + All Relevent Scopes and Atachments Red/Acog/CBQ/MP

FNX/Mp5

Outfits:
Full TTKSO + Gorka Flat

High Cap Vest

Bandana/or facemask

Gear:

300 round Box

Med Kit

6-8 Protector cases

Compass

Map

Matches

Food/Water

Hatchet

Knife

to me thats fully geared, in my own preferance, but to be honest fully geared is when you have something in every slot possible (as in, you have a Hat,mask,shirt, bag,pants shoes gloves + whatever you need to defend yourself and surivie.

Getting Max fully geared, is just trading up from being "geared/fully Geared"

Clearly varying thresholds ITT.

For me:

M4A1 (just has to be) with at least three mags and at least one sort of scope (pref ACOG)

A good pistol (pref FNX) and at least two mags

Fireaxe (to be painted black)

At least one canteen (pref two)

Compass

Can opener

Bandages/rags

Matches (especially since 0.49)

Gorka clothing

Hunting pack (no other)

Hicap vest

Military boots

Beanie.

Then I move on to stage two, which comprises:

All M4 attachments

Binocs

Combat knife

300 round box

Nades

Medkit and morphine

Protector cases

Aviators.

Then I'm just about done. It takes quite a while. I'm pretty much there now, and it's taken a lot of effort.

Edited by Mookie

Hunting backpack with Med pack, small protector case, ammo box, compass, map, sewing kit, weapon cleanng kit, handcuffs and key, gas mask, hack saw, berlap sack, and 2  loaded 30RD PM5 mags 1 grenade. med pack will have 2 bandages, 2 morphine auto-inectors, antibiotics, vitamin bottle. small protector case will have 2 batteries and FNX45 with pistaol flashlight, suppressor, and loaded mag. ammo box will have 2 .45 ACP, 2 9mm, 6 5.56mm.

Smersh vest with backpack attached with MP5, and 4 loaded 15RD FNX45 mags. MP5 will have butstock, handguard, M68, and 30RD loaded mag

Gorka military pants and acket, jacket has canteen 2 canned tuna, and binoculars, pants will have 3 AK101 loaded mags

AK101 with AK folding butstock, AK handguard rail with flashlight and atlas bipod, and pso1 scope

MIlitary boots with combat knife

Fire axe

loadout will change later with new guns, bags, and other items needed

Tent with full camping supplies, and extra gear hidden in the middle of BFE -Fireplace kit with 1 wood and 1 stone, lap and stove with larg gas canisters, 2 large gas canisters, Improvised fishing rod,  fishing bait, earthworms, 3 canteens, 2Green peppers, 2 potatos, 2 tomatos, zucchini, 2 apples, 2 oranges, 2 kiwi, 2 bananas, 2 rice, box of cereal, 2 9mm, 2 .45 acp, 4 5.56mm, 2 bandages, 2 morphine auto-inectors, and 2 antibiotics.

will changes as I need it to

Edited by galderock

Fully geared to me is simply just:

-SKS or Shotgun

-Axe

-Knife (No draw animation, can be used in dire situations)

-Ammo

-Decent Looking, Waterproof Clothing, not edgy black or try-hard camo.

-Canteen

-Rice

-Compass

-Medkit filled with bandages

-Morphine

-Everything hotkeyed

You guys are try hards.

Edited by Shut Up Walter

Fully geared = having the best loot in the game

You guys are try hards.

Yes it does involve a certain amount of trying.

• Like 1

Fully geared = having the best loot in the game

Yes it does involve a certain amount of trying.

But, what is the "best loot"? Rather subjective, no?

But, what is the "best loot"? Rather subjective, no?

Which is why no one's posts are identical.