SmashT

Do Zombies Dream Of A Good Nights Sleep? (Zombie feedback)

I'v been playing dayz for about 2 weeks over 10 or so different servers but I'm yet to find any zombies. Same case for a friend of mine that I'm playing with. Are we doing something wrong or are zombies not in this build for some reason?

J

I heard zombies were removed from 0.58 because of lag. I think there's still a few, they're just hard to find.

Zombos took a break for a while. Devs are working on something, they'll be back in a patch or two I believe.

• Like 2

Thanks guys! Couldn't find this anywhere! Thought I heard one the other day but couldn't find the bastard!

zombies will be back in 0.59 update.

Hicks said .59 OR .60.

Please do not misinform.  :thumbsup: :)

Just ran around for a couple of hours and didn't see one single zombie. Please fix this game, thanks! :)

• Like 2

Its an Alpher game. They'll be back, and in force at some point.

Edit:  This post was in reply to yet another "Where are all the zombies!?!" thread.   The thread as a whole seems to have moved here, but the OP, which should be directly above me, is gone.

Edited by klesh

*irony ahed* Really?! First time I heard this! 

Isn't it a zombie apocalypse game as well? 

And isn't this game in development for around 2 years?

Should have at least some core features of a zombie game so far and with this I mean actual zombies...

• Like 3

Its an Alpher game. They'll be back, and in force at some point.

maybe they should stop working on other things cause this is a ZOMBIE survival game and over years now without a acceptable number of zombies.

Maybe you guys are just blind or just true fanboys. Remember what Dan promised and look what we've got right now.

I came back after a YEAR! (not the shortest period in software developing) and yes they added stuff but nothing really changed.

Even if they double the amount of Zeds it's still not enough. And Yes i hade more fun playing the Mod just because of Zombies  ;) 

You dont even know the meaning of alpha. They are going beta soon but how? In Beta Software sould look like at its finished state but with bugs, unstable etc. Are we at this point? :D Yes after 2 years they will add 10k Zeds, the renderer and bases within the next few Months to be ready for Beta. Dream on.... They'll remove the Alpha sticker and put a Beta on it and you guys will call it a whole new DayZ experience.

maybe they should stop working on other things cause this is a ZOMBIE survival game and over years now without a acceptable number of zombies.

No, its a zombie survival game in an alpha build, so not everything is in and working great, yet.    Don't like it?  Don't play it until they're back, no one is forcing you.

Maybe you guys are just blind or just true fanboys.

You know I'm just one person, right?

Remember what Dan promised and look what we've got right now.

Yeah man, good ol' Dan.  Great guy.

I came back after a YEAR! (not the shortest period in software developing) and yes they added stuff but nothing really changed.

Lots has changed in a year, you should educate yourself if you don't want to come off as ranting and raving about something you're not so well-informed about.

Even if they double the amount of Zeds it's still not enough. And Yes i hade more fun playing the Mod just because of Zombies  ;)

Yes 2x0 is still 0.  Like I said, they will be back and in force when.... they're back an in force.   Go hade some more fun in the mod while you wait.

You dont even know the meaning of alpha.

You determined this, how?  From my 2 sentences on how the zombies are still being worked on?  lol.

They are going beta soon but how? In Beta Software sould look like at its finished state but with bugs, unstable etc. Are we at this point? :D Yes after 2 years they will add 10k Zeds, the renderer and bases within the next few Months to be ready for Beta. Dream on.... They'll remove the Alpha sticker and put a Beta on it and you guys will call it a whole new DayZ experience.

Are you having a conversation with like an imaginary group of people in your head but directing it to me?   To answer your question, no, "we're" not in Beta, the game is still an Alpha.

You're real fired up from my 2 sentences of answering someone else's question.  If you hate your experience with the Standalone so much, chalk it up to your poor purchase choice as a consumer and don't blame me (or should I go with your delusion and refer to myself as "us"), fella.

• Like 1

Maybe you guys are just blind or just true fanboys. Remember what Dan promised and look what we've got right now.

Actually I also came back after about a year and I just logged to these forums to share the exact opposite and to give gratitude and heads up to the team!

I am so pleased with the way things have developed over time, I love it!.

I guess it is a matter of what you are looking for in the game. I lost interest because I would meet about 3 hackers a single evening and persistence wasnt working back then. Right now I havent met a single hacker for a whole week! Persistence is working to my taste and there´s a ton of new and improved features! I have become a true fanboy I guess  ^_^

I sure do miss the zombies and they should have priority just like performance issues but I trust the current team to do what is right. I want to say to this team: keep up the awesome work  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I must honestly say that not everything was wrong, what has been written here about zombies.
How much they are missing in DayZ, And is placed too little focus on them.
Clearly, there is much more than this game content, but basically must be in a zombie survival game.
Especially the zombiemechanics and -numbers ...

That's been (in my opinion) seriously neglected, is for me also in an alpha and beta phase soon, with it.
Would it be a random game, where it rather comes to Survival and there is only a loose story about any rumors like zombies, etc., then okay ... it wouldn`t be so important.
But in a game where it is dark at night, you walk around with a torch and pays attention to every perfumed.
Or try to get medicine, to approach food etc. and find a way to bypass a Zombie Horde there...
Since there are just thrilling situations where you possibly meets people, then interrupted by zombies and a completely new situation arises where you might be dependent on each other or stop other falls in the back, which would previously (without zombies) quite different can run ,

Taken too little bandages or shot too much in the city? Now you're sitting in shit and hear arrive you know ... Decide wisely. Decide quickly ..
Hopefully this is from the beta phase and moved more greatly improve the focus on Zombies.

PS: Yes, I know that there are different teams that work also different and you can not throw everything into one pot. :)

Zombies should be the basis for DayZ and always, similar to The Walking Dead, always a dangerous to the survivors around.
One wrong decision and it avenges itself perhaps.
Insufficient Bandages..upps...you`re in trouble!

Google-Translater and mixed by myself ftw XD ♥

Edited by Nebuuuu

i didn't blame you directly i just used your comment to write an overall expression. sorry for that.

And dont worry i'm not playing it right now :P

Yes I know that lots of changed but I was talking about performance, zombies etc. and i read nearly every Devblog. As i said I think they're too much focused on other things or their Programmer Team is too small idk.

No, its a zombie survival game in an alpha build, so not everything is in and working great, yet.    Don't like it?  Don't play it until they're back, no one is forcing you.

You know I'm just one person, right?

Yeah man, good ol' Dan.  Great guy.

Lots has changed in a year, you should educate yourself if you don't want to come off as ranting and raving about something you're not so well-informed about.

Yes 2x0 is still 0.  Like I said, they will be back and in force when.... they're back an in force.   Go hade some more fun in the mod while you wait.

You determined this, how?  From my 2 sentences on how the zombies are still being worked on?  lol.

Are you having a conversation with like an imaginary group of people in your head but directing it to me?   To answer your question, no, "we're" not in Beta, the game is still an Alpha.

You're real fired up from my 2 sentences of answering someone else's question.  If you hate your experience with the Standalone so much, chalk it up to your poor purchase choice as a consumer and don't blame me (or should I go with your delusion and refer to myself as "us"), fella.

Meanwhile in Arma: http://m.imgur.com/a/Q3COc

lawl this is Angels (zombies) and Demons , an arma mod that puts zombies and demons into arma 3 but no where near the quality that stabdalone is putting out and there is NO servers , it's just a coop (1-2 I think) mission (very linear FYI) for arma 3 slapped in with a bunch of other random mods to make a cinematic couple of screenshots , not nearly anything anybody would want to play for as long as we want to play dayz , it's simply "kill all the incoming waves of undead and quit when you get bored ". What we're talking about is big boy stuff , not Childs play, script come back when you have some real survival zombie sandbox game footage ;) !

lawl this is Angels (zombies) and Demons , an arma mod that puts zombies and demons into arma 3 but no where near the quality that stabdalone is putting out and there is NO servers , it's just a coop (1-2 I think) mission (very linear FYI) for arma 3 slapped in with a bunch of other random mods to make a cinematic couple of screenshots , not nearly anything anybody would want to play for as long as we want to play dayz , it's simply "kill all the incoming waves of undead and quit when you get bored ". What we're talking about is big boy stuff , not Childs play, script come back when you have some real survival zombie sandbox game footage ;) !

I play on an Exile Chernarus server with Zombies and Demons. I will try to make a video.

Status updates are usually a good source. ^.^

.59 is supposed to be bringing them back in strong numbers.

"supposed" and "strong numbers", they always say things in relative terms

"supposed" and "strong numbers", they always say things in relative terms

Well yeah, of course they leave a little wiggle room and try to avoid making solid promises.  You have seen all the flaming "WTF, why is it taking so long" posts, yes?

• Like 1