Lionel Hutz

Crafting: Decoy head on a stick

Okay, here goes my first post!

A quick (and hopefully easy-to-implement) suggestion: how about giving us the ability to craft a decoy head, using a (1) a stick, axe or baseball bat, (2) a gas mask or other mask, (3) a hat or helmet, and (4) duct tape to hold it all together?

Great for drawing sniper fire while you or your buddy figures out the shooter's position...

Whaddya think?  

Sorry if it has been suggested before - I did do a search beforehand!

• Like 34

Why not just cut off a dead player's head and put it on a stick?

• Like 5

i laughed when i read the title of this post and thought it sounds so silly...but then i thought about it and the uses and it would be handy

once throwing is introduced and im under fire im going to throw a hat in the air to see if it gets shot

Why not just cut off a dead player's head and put it on a stick?

Hah!  Didn't think of that - interesting idea.  Not sure dismemberment is in the devs' roadmap though... ?

I will be nice trap, place manekin on firestation tower and wait for shot from somewhere.  

:thumbsup: Works great IRL... B)

:beans:

Now we're going to need to be able to add a jacket to it aswell, add it to the end of a farming hoe, with a helmet/ hat.

Poke it around a wall/ over a fence.

Or jam it into the ground, good for providing fake sentries at a base.

Edited by AP_Norris
  • Like 2

Possibly boring story here. But there was a British guy who defended a raid on his base back in the days of the empire with a hand full of men doing just that he went to the QMs store got out all the spare uniforms and helmets and made makeshift mannequins to make the base look full when the enemy returned they didn't attack thinking they were out numbered. I haven't heard this story in a long time but I think it was Robert Baden-Powell who did this.

Plus I think this is maybe just a British thing but the saying "use your loaf" meaning use your head. This comes from a war not sure which one but you used to get a loaf of bread in your rations and they would stick the loaf of bread on the end of there bayonet put there hat helmet or whatever the wore on it and poked it out to flush out snipers.

Also this worked briefly in home alone too just need to be able to put bangers in the cooking pots.

I want to wear a head of my victim as a mask and parade around

• Like 1

Very nice idea. I'm not particularly keen to see the mc crafting style implemented in DayZ, but this concept should definitely be possible.

Actually, I keep seeing those pumpkin patches with scarecrows, perhaps a pumpkin on a hoe plus any shirt and headgear? or even just a motorcycle helmet? But I endorse this. Imagine two of these stuck in the ground next to a sniper on a hill. you would never know which to hit. XD

Me and ym Team Say.... If you take a helmet... a jacket ... than you go to the window and hold this into your hand xD^^

than outside the man think he can shoot xD^^

after the shoot we know his position.....

this was a very n1 idear