BiGoDeViN (DayZ)

Why kill someone and not loot them?

So, story time.

Me and a buddy are running through Elektro. We get to the school house and someone opens fire on us. I'm thinking a .22 because my friend ate a few and was still standing. I get visual and shoot our assailant. Dsync fucks with it and he disappears. So we regroup and patch up and move out. We get to the Grocery store and we both get popped and dropped. I'm unconscious and my friend is dead.

I'm sitting there waiting, I was fully geared and had lived quiet a while. But I only end up waking up. I patch myself up and run off. The part that pisses me off is all of my gear was on me. Nothing was ruined accept my chest shit. And all of my decent stuff was in my pack anyway. He KoS'd, whatever. But despite the fact he was on top of us, he made no attempt to take anything. I don't understand why? Is he just looking for a fight? Like, what's the point? Why shoot me for no gain other than killing?

Edited by BiGoDeViN
  • Like 1

Could have been looking for certain items, seen you had none, and just left.

I know most people will scan over someones body, see if they have ammo/clips/mags/food/meds ect. and if they don't they just move on, but atleast your still alive and kickin, right?

• Like 1

I dont kill to loot you, unless im a freshie playing the knockout game. I kill you because I want to see you dead, nothing more.

• Like 3

He was probably fully geared and didn't need anything.  Many players go to Elektro just to get into firefights.  What else do you do in the game once you're fully geared and have explored the map?  He probably thought "Hey 2 vs 1, I got the drop on them so that makes it a fair fight."  If you're running by the school in Elektro you're gonna get shot at 90% of the time on a full server.  But that's the fun part isn't it?  He could have shot your unconscious body a couple times to make sure you were dead and then hid your bodies.  The way I look at it you were lucky.  Also, you ran to the grocery store after getting fired upon?  That place is a shooting gallery. 

For the thrill of it.  Friend and I were at Balota airfield, HC, and got stalked by some fully outfitted guy.  After he killed my friend I surrendered since I was pinned with only a blaze rifle and very little ammunition (thankfully the guy kept his word after I dropped my gun so props to him) but he plainly stated he didn't need anything.  He stalked us for fun and killed us for fun.

Unfortunately, shits and giggles is enough at the moment. Fixes of zed logic and more of them - in that order - and it becomes a smaller component in the sandbox I think.

He was probably fully geared and didn't need anything.  Many players go to Elektro just to get into firefights.  What else do you do in the game once you're fully geared and have explored the map?  He probably thought "Hey 2 vs 1, I got the drop on them so that makes it a fair fight."  If you're running by the school in Elektro you're gonna get shot at 90% of the time on a full server.  But that's the fun part isn't it?  He could have shot your unconscious body a couple times to make sure you were dead and then hid your bodies.  The way I look at it you were lucky.  Also, you ran to the grocery store after getting fired upon?  That place is a shooting gallery.

I guess I am lucky. I was looking to die but at least go down with a fight. And we went to the Grocery Store because my friend said he seen the bastard run in there. But the server was ass so it was probably an "unknown entity" doing it's running thing.

I dont kill to loot you, unless im a freshie playing the knockout game. I kill you because I want to see you dead, nothing more.

^dis guyyy

• Like 1

Maybe he got spooked, Maybe he died by someone elses hands not long after, maybe his internet dropped or maybe he just likes to have a good fight. So many variables.

:rolleyes: LOL is that supposed to be intimidating? I mean, why even comment if it is something as worthless as that?  OOooooOOOh - watch out folks, he kills because he "wants to see you dead." - um, try harder to be psychopathic because you failed at the first attempt... because "video game."

How embarrassing.

• Like 6

:rolleyes: LOL is that supposed to be intimidating? I mean, why even comment if it is something as worthless as that?  OOooooOOOh - watch out folks, he kills because he "wants to see you dead." - um, try harder to be psychopathic because you failed at the first attempt... because "video game."

How embarrassing.

lol at this post. Same could be said to the way you posted.

• Like 2

How embarrassing.

thanks for the comment, kiddo. a question was asked and i gave an answer from a perspective that you are clearly incapable of understanding.

the worthless comment was the one that YOU made by trying to act all internet-tough-guy-troll. i honestly don't have a single fuck to give over what your opinion is, when you are obviously unable to add anything to the conversation other than some junior high school bullshit.

So, story time.

Me and a buddy are running through Elektro. We get to the school house and someone opens fire on us. I'm thinking a .22 because my friend ate a few and was still standing. I get visual and shoot our assailant. Dsync fucks with it and he disappears. So we regroup and patch up and move out. We get to the Grocery store and we both get popped and dropped. I'm unconscious and my friend is dead.

I'm sitting there waiting, I was fully geared and had lived quiet a while. But I only end up waking up. I patch myself up and run off. The part that pisses me off is all of my gear was on me. Nothing was ruined accept my chest shit. And all of my decent stuff was in my pack anyway. He KoS'd, whatever. But despite the fact he was on top of us, he made no attempt to take anything. I don't understand why? Is he just looking for a fight? Like, what's the point? Why shoot me for no gain other than killing?

cuz their is no looting in CoD.

• Like 4

I sure love when the QQ I got shot threads start with "so I was in Elektro"

• Like 3

How embarrassing.

Aarrrgh... I want to see your guts spill out on the floor and then use your intestines as a belt.

-Every Liam Neeson movie ever.

A long time ago, I was in Burma. My friends and I were working for the local government. They were trying to buy the loyalty of local tribal leaders by bribing them with precious stones. But their caravans were being raided north of Rangoon by bandits. So we went looking for the stones. But in six months, we never met anyone who traded with him.

One day, I saw a child playing with a ruby the size of a tangerine. The bandit had been throwing them away. He thought it was good sport.

Some men aren't looking for anything logical like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men, just want to watch the world burn.

• Like 4

Aarrrgh... I want to see your guts spill out on the floor and then use your intestines as a belt.

-Every Liam Neeson movie ever.

Yeah, it was awesome when he said that to Jar-jar Binks.

• Like 1

Read title, skipped story.. For answer to question see my sig below. ;)

• Like 1

So, you can kill folks for "teh lulz" nothing wrong with that. But I'm still very much in favor of adding consequence to killing other players.

• Like 2

So, you can kill folks for "teh lulz" nothing wrong with that. But I'm still very much in favor of adding consequence to killing other players.

Good thing you're not in charge then because you clearly have no idea what a sandbox game is. Want people to have consequences ... form a group and go hunt them down.

Limiting players with artificial built in "consequences" is the exact opposite of what this game is about.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 5

Good thing you're not in charge then because you clearly have no idea what a sandbox game is. Want people to have consequences ... form a group and go hunt them down.

Limiting players with artificial built in "consequences" is the exact opposite of what this game is about.

Right, because ruined gear is a totally artificial consequence to shooting other players.

Edited by Katana67
  • Like 1

Right, because ruined gear is a totally artificial consequence to shooting other players.

Actually it's totally a realistic effect of what happens when bullets hit things. You also don't need to shoot someone to kill them that is in fact the least fun way.

Actually it's totally a realistic effect of what happens when bullets hit things. You also don't need to shoot someone to kill them that is in fact the least fun way.

I was being sarcastic champ, to demonstrate your sweet straw man.

• Like 1

Are you serious? 'Consequences' doesn't mean 'punishment' fyi. For all actions there is a consequence. 

• Like 1