BiGoDeViN (DayZ)

Why kill someone and not loot them?

let´s say you looked threatening to him/her, so the player decided, Fck it better safe than sorry

altho id put my money on the lulz

I sure love when the QQ I got shot threads start with "so I was in Elektro"

Again, not mad that I was killed. Confused he chose to simply not loot me or my friend.

Read title, skipped story.. For answer to question see my sig below. ;)

Yeah, I would understand using a Hemingway quote to describe Soldiers in the hell that is war. But I wouldn't use it to describe shithead kids shooting each other in DayZ.

Are you serious? 'Consequences' doesn't mean 'punishment' fyi. For all actions there is a consequence. 

Are you serious? When you're referring to consequences as a negative repercussion that occurs after you do an action someone deems wrong that is about the definition of punishment.

Are you serious? 'Consequences' doesn't mean 'punishment' fyi. For all actions there is a consequence. 

The consequence of shooting someone is receiving loot, or by a some people's standards, getting a kill. Maybe ruining some of the loot would be a consequence as well.

As far as I know, there really aren't any, and there wouldn't be much of any in a realistic apocalyptic scenario where you had to struggle to survive either, unless someone saw you kill them. That fact is what makes the choice to be a bandit a somewhat attractive one. I'm not, but i'm perfectly fine with the way it is now. I manage to survive a lot.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

Maybe he never got a chance? With this patch if you fire off a round you can expect at least a few zombies to immediately be converging on you, maybe he was swarmed and couldnt get to you in time.

Me and a buddy are running through Elektro...

It's Elektro.

Nobody except newspawns give a shit about loot, it's just a deathmatch. These guys normally have everything they need before they go in.

Hidden text.

and some of us wish to be the arsonist striking the match- and it has nothing to do with sexual orientation, o homophobic child.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

The only consequence to a player that kills on sight or just fires their weapon in general should be alerting the infected.  As for looting, sometimes it's not worth the risk to loot a someone.

Edited by Caboose187

We get to the Grocery store and we both get popped and dropped. I'm unconscious and my friend is dead.

Were you looking at the flowers?

• Like 1

Were you looking at the flowers?

No, if I had, I'd have died.

But anything you do anymore, you risk your life.

1. For teh lulz

2. You didn't have anything he wanted

If I kill someone, I'm not going to swap all my shit for theirs. Just going to take what I need and leave everything else. No point in swapping all my shit out for yours.

Also, I've lost all respect for your assailant because he didn't pop you in the head after you went down.

Are you serious? When you're referring to consequences as a negative repercussion that occurs after you do an action someone deems wrong that is about the definition of punishment.

Who said 'negative repercussion'? I just read 'consequences'. Having no tangible consequences for killing one the few other humans left on the earth is flawed imo.

Anyway, we have indirect consequences already, zeds aggro to sound from far away and spawn fairly quickly. We just need more zeds that do more damage as well as have blood/dead body detection/aggro, which would just make sense if we are really going to call this game a zombie survival horror game.

1. For teh lulz

2. You didn't have anything he wanted

If I kill someone, I'm not going to swap all my shit for theirs. Just going to take what I need and leave everything else. No point in swapping all my shit out for yours.

Also, I've lost all respect for your assailant because he didn't pop you in the head after you went down.

Ha! Funny thing about that, is once I woke up I bandaged myself and ran off. I linked up with some friends and got a saline bag. And two fire fights later, I'm still alive on this Character.

why would you loot a body outside the shop in elektro? or, maybe they were dealing with aggro?

there is many good reason for kill player but don't taking loot  ;)

player is threat is fact

I don't have time to do nice conversation interview every times :huh:

get trust taking too long and is not 100% I making correct deciding he is good/bad guy

sometime is not need for kill because I am going different direction I hide and wait see if he going opposite way :rolleyes:

but if I am going same way and he have weapon I don't feel bad to say I kill without think because this is wise choice for increase my chance for survive  ;)

dead player = no threat and no worry for me  :thumbsup: :ph34r:

I always have reason for making murder

is for defend my self or friend

is for loot I need ammo/food etc

is for clear path for my journey making safe the area  

and every one is valid and don't give me no guilty feel ;)

• Like 3

Like, what's the point?

• Like 1

I'm convinced that KoS wrote the bandit handbook. :)

I'm no longer a bandit (per se), but all his points are very valid.

Edited by Gekkonidae
  • Like 1

If I'm in a stalk/fight with other players and someone is getting caught in the middle they get "removed".

If I am in Elektro I do not need the loot from other players since I already have everything I need - that is why you go Elektro in the first place

to lay your char to rest (hopefully after laying some waste unto others).

inB4 "That is not how it is supposed to be"

It is the way it is - and you won't change it so stay clear of Elektro if you don't want to be killed just because you are in the way

Here is why I would do that, I would wonder if you had buddies still hanging around, every second I stand around looting your dead ass is extremely dangerous.  I am usually not willing to take that risk, especially since I prefer soloing.  Don't be pissed, just be happy the guy did NOT kill you with a fire axe after dropping you and choose to run instead, thus saving you from waking up naked., Did you at least loot your buddy and give him his gear back?

Its simple OP, I would kill you even if I didnt need anything, just so you couldnt kill me.

Its simple OP, I would kill you even if I didnt need anything, just so you couldnt kill me.

Aaaaaand for lolz too

Because you were in  Elektro. Dont go there. You will be shot for any and no reason.

He was probably fully geared and didn't need anything. 

This. I am 99% sure this was the reason.

Griefing... nuff said

Shootin somebody is now griefing? carebear much?

Maybe he thought OP was a threat, maybe he did it for the lulz, maybe he was target practising with live bambies, maybe he didnt need anything OP had on him.

I shoot people left, right and center, does that make me a griefer as wel?

Edited by Massacre
  • Like 1