Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[Recipe] Steamed Stuffed Peppers

At moment: we cant food Dry.

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Cooking

Before extensions come, the basics and their meaning should be reintroduced or finally completed.

- rice and milk powder? WATER / ingredient / heat -> useful food. long time ago: .https://forums.dayz.com/topic/135962-crafting-suggestions-no-discussion/?do=findComment&comment=1636489

BUT: Useful food that needs to be consumed quickly because it spoils quickly in the condition (pristine-worn-damaged-badlydamaged- and in the end ruined..useless waste .. all this through the "decay by time" .

Dry. Drying helps keep food going for later. Meat, mushrooms, vegetables, fruits are foods that quickly spoil (in this order, fast> slow) without conservatory measure . Therefore, we wait until "cooling" or "drying" to slow down the "Decay by time".

Before I can open a "gourmet restaurant" in DayZ, I want to feel "survival", it's a survival game (these features would solve other problems as well, such as lootfarming, why?) Because you have other concerns than this) .. or it was once thought, some mods go already in the direction of "Easy Minecraft with better graphics", in the other direction, and the people out there are happy about it (lol).

WHAT ! Should I see as a developer now as a priority? Is there such a priority ??(maybe more people would be happy if finally there would be "artificial diet with instant healing").

Because we are the customers, the "sellers" are the trend that leads to success, no one produces something that no one buys. And again the customer has the choice to decide what "Successful" is, and thus sets the direction .... but the direction of success can also be wrong (evolution-theoriy by darwin, Time will tell if the way was right or wrong, so we should use our intelligence to prioritize the right way)

We should start thinking more about it.

Edited by Sqeezorz

On 3/10/2019 at 10:24 AM, pilgrim* said:

<snippydee>

So before the advanced cooking techniques come on line - what HAPPENED to the simplest technique of all?
DayZ is still .. slightly .. a survival game ..< ..er.. > ..  right ?

Boiling water in an empty can

<thanx>

YES! Empty cans are in the game files, just not spawning at the moment. At least they were before 1.0 since I found several on Dwarden's experimental server he had up for a while (didn't get them when eating canned food, but found empty cans as loot here and there).

So I'm assuming this will be a thing again at some point.

And @Sqeezorz: I agree, drying stuff should be returned. I'm still not sure if it has been taken out on purpose or if the mechanic is just broken (heating anything in cooking pot without grease/water ruins it instantly instead of drying it). I've asked the devs a few times in different channels but never got a response.

Also, boiling rice and mixing dry milk powder with water to get milk milk are things long overdue.

Additional things like coffee, pasta, chocolate, crisps and indeed more advanced cooking are not necessary or critical at the moment, but having them in-game along with a slightly more advanced nutritional system system would go a long way to put the "S" back in survival. The way I see it, players should be able to survive solely on fallen fruit and canned food, but it should give less energy per unit consumed than "proper" food and make them more susceptible to disease than players eating a better balanced diet. That way, taking the time to cook food properly would have some form of reward. This would also increase the value of those multi-vitamin pills that are mostly a waste of space right now.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

currently I (my character) live off various mushrooms, fruit and water. maybe they (Dayz devs) want us all to go vegan??😋 the tactical bacon is the only variation I get . ..

I dont see many animals (other than wolves, but I do hear them in the distance) and the other wolves (and zombies) dont give much chance to butcher the remains .. . . assuming acquiring some meat (not human), then sitting at a fire, cooking, while hoping not to be shot in the back doesnt appeal. I tend to grab what I can when I can and eat while moving  . . . . quietly.

Edited by aux7

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

cu assuming acquiring some meat (not human), then sitting at a fire, cooking, while hoping not to be shot in the back doesnt appeal. I tend to grab what I can when I can and eat while moving  . . . . quietly.

We can get away with eating most meat raw now- I think raw chicken and raw human are the only two that cause any issues.

I’m sure that’ll get fixed at some point but for now I still like to take down a deer / hog / etc when I see one since they do provide a large amount of food. I used to cook it all but don’t bother anymore since there is no penalty for eating it raw and no benefit to cooking it. 

We used to talk about there being a “morale” effect- where some items discussed above would have a positive impact on your character somehow. Improve resistance to disease / injury maybe- boost soft skills a bit... whatever- just some tangible gain for investing time in your character.

Edited by eno
  • Beans 2

13 hours ago, aux7 said:

currently I (my character) live off various mushrooms, fruit and water. maybe they (Dayz devs) want us all to go vegan??😋 the tactical bacon is the only variation I get . ..

I dont see many animals (other than wolves, but I do hear them in the distance) and the other wolves (and zombies) dont give much chance to butcher the remains .. . . assuming acquiring some meat (not human), then sitting at a fire, cooking, while hoping not to be shot in the back doesnt appeal. I tend to grab what I can when I can and eat while moving  . . . . quietly.

Check out the south side of the road next to the Turovo check-point. I tend to see cattle there a bit. I killed Ram on the west side of Elektro the other day. A little gamey, but mutton hit the spot!

YI8j3pP.jpg

that looks like that barn near the water stand west of electro? 9720 2175 on the izurvive map? I tend to steer clear of checkpoints and popular coastal areas .. . 

I tend to stay near the wolfy places on the map in the north and west .  . . .

On 3/11/2019 at 1:10 PM, eno said:

We used to talk about there being a “morale” effect- where some items discussed above would have a positive impact on your character somehow. Improve resistance to disease / injury maybe- boost soft skills a bit... whatever- just some tangible gain for investing time in your character. 

maybe there needs/could be a "healthy" effect for us "vegans"?? 😀

2 hours ago, aux7 said:

Or a large V could be displayed over your character in game so that everyone else knows to avoid you otherwise you'll start talking to them about it. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, aux7 said:

end of world comes..... vegans make a choice.  learn to eat meat or get weak and die as soon as you run out of peanut butter and supplements.

Edited by FunkInYourTrunk
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 3/11/2019 at 5:01 AM, aux7 said:

assuming acquiring some meat (not human), then sitting at a fire, cooking, while hoping not to be shot in the back doesnt appeal.

Get yourself a couple cooking pots and a gas stove with extra canisters.  You'd be surprised how quickly you can process an entire inventory full of meat in a private location.  I can stay pretty busy hot-swapping the pots while the flame is on, listening to the audio cues for when each is done; using the cook time to prepare the next pot, store/eat the cooked meat.
Edit: carry burlap and rope while hunting to make a quick drop bag or two, so you can leave some behind safe from CLEanup, and hand carry one bag to a safer location.  Just remember to be careful when you come back for the rest. ; )

Edited by emuthreat
  • Beans 1

On 3/12/2019 at 10:09 PM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

end of world comes.....

xxp

• Beans 1