Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

[Recipe] Steamed Stuffed Peppers

The new ingredients got me thinking about new recipes. Naturally, we can not bake them, but we could steam them.

Items Needed

• Cooking Pot
  • Water
  • Green Pepper
  • Bag of Rice
  • Tomato
  • Tactical Bacon
  • Portable Stove
  • Gas Tank
  • Kitchen Knife
  • Can Opener

Stuffed Peppers Ingredients

• 1 Bag of Rice
  • 1 Tomato
  • 1 Can Tactical Bacon

Directions:

Assemble gas gank with the portable stove. Place cooking pot on stove, cook rice. When finished, place on side for later.

Prepare the green pepper and tomato with the kitchen knife. Add rice, tomato and tactical bacon to green pepper.

qrm4d3.jpg

Add small about of water to cooking pot, bring to boil. Add stuffed peppers to pot, cook with steam until done.

Viola, stuffed peppers!

9hv1xc.jpg

Now don't those look absolutely delicious?

Edited by Weyland Yutani
  • Like 10
  • Beans 1

Thank you, Hopefully I have time to make this and eat before a zombie ask for some.

Edited by Mesmaroth
  • Like 2

Thank you, Hopefully I have time to make this and eat before a zombie ask for some.

There is a simple solution for this problem. Find a cave. Imagine how good it will smell cave-side when these babies are cooking. Almost like coming home to Mom's cooking.

One of which can be found here:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178173-cave-hunters/

Now that you got me thinking, there are several red berry bushes next to this cave, these can be diced and added to the recipe during the holidays.

Thank you for helping me brainstorm a lovely addition. Very festive.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

My mom and sister love making these things. I could get them to play by showing them they can make stuffed peppers alone. :P

I thought this was Dayz, not the fucking sims. So many casuals wanting to hide away and make their ideal home - it's unreal! I heard Sims 3 is quite good.

• Like 3

This is something I've been thinking about as well:

• 1 cooking pot
  • Gas tank
  • Portable gas stove
  • Powdered milk
  • Water
  • 1 bag of rice
  • (Optional) 1 can of peaches

Porridge, healthy diet for a healthy survivor!

00575-creamy-peaches-milk-oat-porridge.j

Edited by Survivor_Ted

We could make some wild boar meat, cooked in kvass, add some salt, pepper and beans. ;) 

I thought this was Dayz, not the fucking sims. So many casuals wanting to hide away and make their ideal home - it's unreal! I heard Sims 3 is quite good.

The ingredients are already in-game, as well as an option for crafting. I fail to see the negatives as you do. Furthermore, I never mentioned anything about making an ideal home, but only a nutritious addition to survival. An efficient methodology to getting healthy quickly is hardly a valid complaint is it? Don't forget, eating raw rice won't be here forever.

This recipe will solve inventory issues, in the sense that all of the above items take up a lot of inventory space. Once cooked, the stuffed peppers wouldn't take up much inventory space. One maybe two slots imho would be satisfactory.

Once base building is implemented we can revisit your complaint. Will you still recommend people play Sims when base building is implemented?

@Survivor_Ted

Very nice. I like it.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

I like your thinking OP, i am really hoping they add in recipes and make the meals more nutritious then the ingredients on their own to give you an incentive to make camp somewhere and cook.

This recipe as well as many others could be placed in a recipe book. This will get players looking for books as they will actually have an impact on game-play.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Lighten up.

• Beans 1

When I posted this thread, my GF saw me posting it and commented on how good these looked and suggested we make some. Baked of course!

Since that time, We've had stuffed peppers on three ocassions.

Here is my real life recipe:

Wild rice mixed with white rice.

Diced onions with fresh sliced mushrooms and garlic…sauteed with extra virgin olive oil.

Sauteed diced kielbasa.

Mix it all together…little fresh cracked pepper.

Fill peppers.

Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

I like to keep it simple so no cheese or tomato paste. Amazingly delicious.

Next time we do it, I'll take a few snaps.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

I know right! These damn casuals... cooking?

When I was 11 and in the boy scouts, we learned to light fires with our eyes that was HARDCORE

This is the apokolyps so I think we all should start eating each other right now and besides it's totally not like making hot food in any way is important for survival.

It's just fanboys from the Sims ya know... DayZ is a first person shooter not a third person shooter like that stupid game you can't compare them

Anyone with a counter-argument to this is a hypocritical bigot!

---

(And now we go on-topic)

I would really like warm drinks, like coffee, tea, and maybe some kind of berry soup? Would be possible to find either in powder form or by making it yourself with berries.

• Like 1

Excellent idea! Well thought through. I'm confident we'll get 'crafting' recipes such as this soon, next few months maybe. First of all it will be basic cooking, boiling water, roasting meat, boiling rice, etc. But later it will be developed into complex meals like you've suggested.

Your comment made me chuckle, therefore have my beans. But on a more serious side think into it, as Dayz progresses and we find bases, factions and alliances being made we'll need people like the OP. A good cook holds a good relation to his group, A well fed group will defend their cook.

Smart move if you ask me.

steam achievement: eating stuffed peppers while reading robinson crusoe, with your gas lamp turned on, waiting for dawn.

• Like 1

A good cook is so vitally essential to not just a group's health, but their mood and wellbeing. Good, nourishing and creative food would heighten the mood so well among the group.

'Mass's Many Items' has a stew. I haven't had opportunity to cook it yet, but it does show that modders can expand on cooking even though the devs themselves have no plans to do it.

Awesome necro btw...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the problems I've seen with modding is that many of the mods are not really adding too many new models or animations, which makes things look janky and feel hokey.

No disrespect to the people out there putting in the time to create new content, but much of it is not for me, as it is just too unpolished and requires an incredible amount of additional suspension of disbelief.

For instance, the expansion project, while vast in its scope, has found some rather hacky solutions to things like bicycles and quads.  Essentially extending the axis of handlebars by half a meter, has allowed them to "make it work" but it looks absolutely ridiculous, and the player has a much higher profile.  Poor both in terms of visual feel and safety.

Unfortunately, the devs have made it clear that advanced cooking is not on their backlog of content to add at this time.  Fortunately cooking may be simulated somewhat cleanly without any awkwardness of animations.  My only concern would be the logistics of how to change the UI of a cooking pot once it has been filled with ingredients and cooked.
I think it would be great if the 4 square slots could convert into 4 horizontal bars of "servings" once the combined ingredients have been cooked together.

More importantly, I think, is that cooked foods should have different properties than raw and uncombined foods.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, kopo79 said:

Coffee...?

I would love a cup of coffee and a consumable cigarette that actually smokes. 

13 hours ago, Derleth said:

'Mass's Many Items' has a stew. I haven't had opportunity to cook it yet, but it does show that modders can expand on cooking even though the devs themselves have no plans to do it.

Awesome necro btw...

We use Mass's Many Items, great mod. Unfortunately, the stew is freakishly big, looks out of place, and not even sure if it works/cooks. It's pretty gross looking too. I would never eat it.

This gourmet stuff is really great

BUT I would dearly love to be able to boil water in an empty tin can, like we USED TO  in DayZ years ago
I don't need a stone fireplace - though that is a fine thing
I don't need ovens and cooking utensils - though those are great for folk who have begun to settle and maybe plant crops
I just need to boil water in an old tin can over a simple fire, in this survival game - like we used to
Like hundreds thousands of hobos and survivalists and hunters and backpackers and woodsmen and swagmen and homeless folk and military and survivors and wanderers have done a million times for more than a century all over this planet and are still doing today.
So I boil water in a tin can and I don't get illness from swamp water
It's a rock-bottom basic technique. It's a natural standard first-principle.
They Took It OUT Of The Game
And then if you have the yen, you can add coffee and powdered milk and plenty sugar to the tin can when it's boiled - that's a fine thing to do - and sit around jawing, like IRL

So before the advanced cooking techniques come on line - what HAPPENED to the simplest technique of all?
DayZ is still .. slightly .. a survival game ..< ..er.. > ..  right ?

Boiling water in an empty can

<thanx>

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Beans 3