Deathlove

Anyone Find the Engraved 1911 HandGuns?

Have you found a 1911 engraved?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found a 1911 engraved?

• No.
    • 4+
  2. 2. How many magazines have you found?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5+
  3. 3. How many hours have you played dayz?

• 0-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-400
    • 401+

Its on the list of patch notes but i dont think iv heard anyone talking about finding one yet. Im assuming the spartan design on the side is the standard since the engraved version is like a silver/white on the handle in the picture i saw. Just curious if anyones actually come across one yet. Cause iv seen tones of the same 1911s so fare.

Saw a 1911 with a white handle but didn't look close - it was on the landing of a camo building (green mountain?). but maybe someone dropped it there, players had been around, there were zombies in the rooms. also try the gun room of the 'office building/school', seem to be plenty of handguns now at that location.

xx pilgrim

Edit 10 April: I think now I may be just saw the standard model with the Greek Soldier head on it in white - or I saw an odd reflection of light or rendering without paying notice. I wasnt looking for the gun and only saw it's name in my inventory together with 3-4 other things scattered close. I definitely have NOT seen it since then, and I've been looking out for it carefully. I've found 8+ standard 1911 (and ONE mag, lol) but none with dude grips.

Plenty of 1911s (a lot) seem to turn up in fire stations. By the way stuff is scattered I'd say everyone is looking for mags and just leaves the guns lie where they are.

Sorry mate - If I find one I'll bring it and come find you.

Edited by pilgrim

Saw a 1911 with a white handle but didn't look close - it was on the landing of a camo building (green mountain?). but maybe someone dropped it there, players had been around, there were zombies in the rooms. also try the gun room of the 'office building/school', seem to be plenty of handguns now at that location.

xx pilgrim

Yeah im finding plenty of handguns to just all the 1911s iv come across only have the black handle and spartan design thats it. Ill keep checking up on it though.

You can only find them at helicopter cras...

wait  :|

• Like 2

why there is a rare variant of the second most useless ranged weapon in the game so far is beyond me

• Like 2

why there is a rare variant of the second most useless ranged weapon in the game so far is beyond me

^ alpha..

they always add bling in during an alpha, errrybody knows dat.

• Like 1

Idk id just like to find one to be honest. I have all the handguns on my character currently lol.

why there is different food with almost the same ammount of nutrions?

You know what we need? Multiple gun holster fixes. I know they have to have more than just single holsters for guns. Shit iv seen ppl with tones of makeshift gun holsters in there trenchcoats. We need to ether have a rarer holster set up for multiple guns or find a way to craft a multi gun holster set maybe from like animal leather from hunting or something.

BH4DG%20holster.JPG

il_340x270.476535013_ak2p.jpg

• Like 1

You know what we need? Multiple gun holster fixes. I know they have to have more than just single holsters for guns. Shit iv seen ppl with tones of makeshift gun holsters in there trenchcoats. We need to ether have a rarer holster set up for multiple guns or find a way to craft a multi gun holster set maybe from like animal leather from hunting or something.

BH4DG%20holster.JPG

il_340x270.476535013_ak2p.jpg

bandoliers and hip holsters.

bandoliers and hip holsters.

Hip holsters would be cool to. That would mean they would have to add belts to clothing options though which i REALLY wouldn't mind.

Idk id just like to find one to be honest. I have all the handguns on my character currently lol.

matrix.jpg

• Like 2

matrix.jpg

Yeah but its not hard to carry more than one especially if you put clothing within clothing within yellow storage containers in every single slot..... lol

Yeah but its not hard to carry more than one especially if you put clothing within clothing within yellow storage containers in every single slot..... lol

bags not playing anywhere near your character the desync would be enormous. Hmm couplke that with the zeds new speed no wonder your not enjoying it there hitting when your sop desynced but you dont even know it....

bags not playing anywhere near your character the desync would be enormous. Hmm couplke that with the zeds new speed no wonder your not enjoying it there hitting when your sop desynced but you dont even know it....

I can kill the zeds fine. I get no desync on that part, I have a good computer and net so thats never an issue i always have time to counter to an extent. Im not liking every time you fire though more spawn around you like crops popping up out of no where.

I can kill the zeds fine. I get no desync on that part, I have a good computer and net so thats never an issue i always have time to counter to an extent. Im not liking every time you fire though more spawn around you like crops popping up out of no where.

Damn it must be a good connection to get no desync with that style packing in packing lol ( they havent done the one check of items yet so your bandwidth must be off the chain...

Yeah the fact that zeds respawn in such close proximity does suck there should say a minute delay on respawn or perhaps a spawn 600m from your location as i have literally run along killing zed after zed that just kept spawning in my direct path..

Damn it must be a good connection to get no desync with that style packing in packing lol ( they havent done the one check of items yet so your bandwidth must be off the chain...

Yeah the fact that zeds respawn in such close proximity does suck there should say a minute delay on respawn or perhaps a spawn 600m from your location as i have literally run along killing zed after zed that just kept spawning in my direct path..

Thats pretty much what happened. was running away from north west airfield firing zed after zed through the forest. Stop to take a break than suddenly more come from out of nowhere across another part of the field. I even saw one spawn RIGHT NEX TO ME near a bunch of trees way the hell away from the base.

This is what happens when you make zombies low priority for development. When you give them game changing mechanics before everything else is fixed it just breaks the immersion of fighting them in the game.

Hordes of 100+ in this state that there in currently? No thanks

Edited by Deathlove

I'm calling foul on the Engraved 1911.  I don't think it exists.  A lie? No, probably a distraction.  Maybe they designed it, but NO ONE has found one.  I've seen 4 press vests personally, and recent pics of the Anti-stab vest have surfaced.  Supposedly these are the rarest of the rare.

In the absence of proof, the engraved 1911 is a flying spaghetti monster.

Or a white whale. 

I'm calling foul on the Engraved 1911.  I don't think it exists.  A lie? No, probably a distraction.  Maybe they designed it, but NO ONE has found one.  I've seen 4 press vests personally, and recent pics of the Anti-stab vest have surfaced.  Supposedly these are the rarest of the rare.

In the absence of proof, the engraved 1911 is a flying spaghetti monster.

Or a white whale. 

Shit im still looking for one even now and cant find it lol.

Muahahahahaha...

All of my diabolical principles on weapon rarity and inclusion coalesce into one thread.

No, never seen the special 1911. Might just be a case of them not having added it yet. It could be a white whale situation as well.

Either way, I have a FNX w/ RDS, Suppressor, and flashlight. So I haven't really been looking for it. What use do I have for a fruity-lookin' Kimber?

Edited by Katana67

Muahahahahaha...

All of my diabolical principles on weapon rarity and inclusion coalesce into one thread.

No, never seen the special 1911. Might just be a case of them not having added it yet. It could be a white whale situation as well.

Either way, I have a FNX w/ RDS, Suppressor, and flashlight. So I haven't really been looking for it. What use do I have for a fruity-lookin' Kimber?

I have all the pistols except for the engraved minus the sight attacment. But yeah thats the only gun thats eluded me as of yet. Not going to Balota though. That place is a worse trap than North West airport. Iv been ambushed way to many times. So ill just keep running the Northwest and all the military stops in between in up and down.

I have all the pistols except for the engraved minus the sight attacment. But yeah thats the only gun thats eluded me as of yet. Not going to Balota though. That place is a worse trap than North West airport. Iv been ambushed way to many times. So ill just keep running the Northwest and all the military stops in between in up and down.

Try the barracks and jail near Dichina (well, south of Kabanino) if you aren't already. Has always been a good source of relatively low-risk military loot for me.

I use it mainly out of spite, because that area used to be so much fun just being without a high-value loot destination. Now it's bound to turn into a clusterfuck. They didn't even put the FOB away from the hill at Dichina. They just nestled it up against it.

It is the 2nd best handgun imo but I find it odd that both the weapon and the magazines for it are harder to find than FNX and magazines.

It is the 2nd best handgun imo but I find it odd that both the weapon and the magazines for it are harder to find than FNX and magazines.

Iv found plenty since they released it but as most guess there military ONLY spawn zones atm. So if you were trying to avoid that your going to have to delve into more of the military heavy zone points. And the items for the guns spawn allot more especially on low pop servers where ppl dont hit them very often. Also those items are VERY small so keep an eye out and check bellow bunk beds to.