Deathlove

Anyone Find the Engraved 1911 HandGuns?

Have you found a 1911 engraved?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Have you found a 1911 engraved?

• No.
    • 4+
  2. 2. How many magazines have you found?

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5+
  3. 3. How many hours have you played dayz?

• 0-50
    • 51-100
    • 101-200
    • 201-400
    • 401+

Oh they can be found in wrecked cars and fire stations?

I've never checked those (avoiding fire station like a fire to not get killed).

Interesting statements and votes so far, let's keep them coming and I will try to put it in a wider context with some charts at some point ;)

Edited by sm00tje

Oh they can be found in wrecked cars and fire stations?

I've never checked those (avoiding fire station like a fire to not get killed).

They can still be found in schools, jails, barracks, hangars, fire stations, police stations, etc...

They're not rare at all these days. I find at least one every evening.

• Like 1

Some more votes would be nice! Thanks in advance.

Along with the MP5, find them quite frequently spawning on the roof or bonnet of Police cars in 0.46. Mags again on the police cars but more frequently military locations .

I put my time as 0-50 hours but by that I mean since they were added to the game I've played about that much.

I find them and regular 1911's very frequently at NWAF engraved not as much but at least 20% of all 1911's I find are them. Plenty mags too.

In fact I was annoyed because it took me forever to find something that wasn't an 1911 or FNX45 as I was looking for the...the er...other one, begins with a C shoots 9mm ammo.

Anyway they don't seem all that rare, badass though. They remind me of the ones in Supernatural are their design based of those? Never really looked it up.

Where do gernades spawn? I've looted the NWAF all buildings like 10+ times since the update and have yet to find one.

Same with the long range scope and 556 silencer. Think I'm just getting unlucky

That poll makes not much sense in that form. You have to ask after deleting NEAF. After that isn't on my route anymore and I only walk cities now, I never found a magazine again and only three 911.

But from the time before.. can't count how many I have found + magazines (which are still much more rare than the weapon itself).

Edited by MarchmelloMan

They did seem rare at one point, but in the latest couple of builds they are very common. It seems my characters always ends up with one as well as a couple of mags, unless if I have found a magnum first, then I don't pick them up.

Where do gernades spawn? I've looted the NWAF all buildings like 10+ times since the update and have yet to find one.

Same with the long range scope and 556 silencer. Think I'm just getting unlucky

Grenades spawn in heli crash sites. LRS have become very common, and can even be found in garages and pubs now. The 556 silencer is also only heli site now.

In the school building top room, they turn up from time to time for sure

and other places, like the Mosin

you'll probably find one when you're not looking for it

Edited by pilgrim

@korpisoturi do you need the mag on regular or hardcore? I found one on my hardcore character near svet but don't have a 1911.

Will gladly swap for fnx mag if you have one or even some mosin ammo.

I found one in the huge building in Novo (one of the new cities). On a side note, I found a Longhorn there too.

The 1911 still a pretty good hand gun right? I was using the CZ7 and its quite an effective little weapon against infected at close range.

Haven't used the Longhorn yet. I found one but never got to test it out before i got killed lol.