Sign in to follow this  
rosebud

Couple of questions

1) How close do I need to be to see someone? I have a scope but I can't see the zombies from a fairly good distance.

2)  I paid steam so that I could play alfa, will I be charged again when the game goes public or am I good for the life of the game?

1.) I think it depends on your graphic settings.

2.) Nope, you will get all updates ever for free, also at the end the full version :)

1.)

There is a known glitch causing players and zombies to sometimes be "invisible" to your client.  This may be what you're experiencing and should be fixed very soon.  As far as distances are concerned, all servers default to somewhere between 1200 and 1400 meters (they're all the same I just can't remember exactly) and there is NO WAY to change this value.  Even if you change it in your settings or your config file, the SERVER ALWAYS DETERMINES VIEW DISTANCE.

2.)

You will never have to pay anything more to continue to enjoy DayZ in all it's glory.

Zooming without a scope or with anything below a long range scope always makes players beyond 500 meters/yards (What ever the zeroing is in distance) doesn't render players, but does render their guns. With a long range scope it seems like I can see at least 900 measurements of distance.

Edited by sabre05