Rick1633

How the hell did you guys even try the new patch?

I tried to keep an open mind today while reading about the new patch at work all day.

Get home around 8 PM Eastern time.   4 of my buddies and brothers go on Vent like we do each time and start looking for servers.

For a solid fucking hour, every single server either did not work at all or we got bumped out within seconds.       Seeing how many people in many different time zones were reporting they played the patch all day at different times, with some lag issues, but able to play.... I figured it might just be a short problem.

But between 8:30 PM and 9:30 PM not a single fucking person I know was able to play the game.

How did they not know the game would be this bad if they tested it for weeks?

By downloading the update?

I cannot play the game either. Session keeps "getting lost"

• Like 2

Can't play either at the moment but don't worry about it. Play a different game for the time being, i was fully expecting this because it is in alpha and that's what you should do too because i find that if i Expect it to not work and you wont be so disappointed when it actually happens.

• Like 2

Supposedly hotfix is coming in the morning

been playing it pretty much non-stop since it rolled to stable, in fact I just logged on to a HC and a Reg server just to see if there was something wrong in the US with connection - dude maybe its your machine or your provider (I do have to mention that the regular server I logged on to kicked me as soon as I connected, I did connect) and all that was with servers I have never logged on to before. for reference its 8:40 pm US central time.

edited for the pothead.

Edited by Elle

I've been playing, one of the lucky ones I suppose. Haven't had any real problems. some short lasting lag, but other then that smoother then before the patch. Rocket has posted that there should be a "hot Fix" patch in the morning. They are running tests on isolated servers all night to check the fix.

been playing it pretty much non-stop since it rolled to stable, in fact I just logged on to a HC and a Reg server just to see if there was something wrong in the US with connection - dude its your machine or your provider (I do have to mention that the regular server I logged on to kicked me as soon as I connected, I did connect) and all that was with servers I have never logged on to before. for reference its 8:40 pm US central time.

Stop spreading false information on something you know nothing about. The devs have already confirmed tons of people are having problems logging in a staying connected and already announced a hotfix. Just because something isn't effecting you doesn't mean it's not effecting the other 1,688,943 people who own the game.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 3

Stop spreading false information on something you know nothing about. The devs have already confirmed tons of people are having problems logging in a staying connected and already announced a hotfix.

If he's not having problems, good for him. The devs might have said that there are tons of people having problems, but "tons" does not mean "all" or "every." Calm down, be happy that at least someone can play the game.

My experience today consisted of not being able to open doors. I spawned at that new(ish) city at the top right of the map and found a mosin and some ammo. Ran into a gang of three. Desync must have happened because I could hear them trying to talk to me but nobody was standing next to me and everyone went invisible...

I think they tried to kill me because I heard loads of m4 fire when I stopped lagging. I saw them appear again so I opened fire on two and dropped them both. Third guy ran into the church and shut the doors. I walked up to them and opened the doors to see him aiming right at me. Session lost. For fuck sake.

When I finally rejoined another server after 133 seconds, I had broken legs and a really grey screen. I'm not going to play anymore today until the desync and session lost is sorted. :(

If he's not having problems, good for him. The devs might have said that there are tons of people having problems, but "tons" does not mean "all" or "every." Calm down, be happy that at least someone can play the game.

What? Why are you "quoting" "things" "that" "nobody" "ever" "said"?

A fix is on the way as it appears they may have already found the problem.

Until then, try verifying your cache and then restarting steam.  nix that.  had a flawless game earlier but now i'm back to having connection issues.  sadface

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

By downloading the update?

I guess you are unaware most americans use steam and it auto updated for us.

Also, my first sentence said I was aware of an update, why would I know that but not make sure we updated?   Can you read?

Stop spreading false information on something you know nothing about. The devs have already confirmed tons of people are having problems logging in a staying connected and already announced a hotfix. Just because something isn't effecting you doesn't mean it's not effecting the other 1,688,943 people who own the game.

absolutely nothing false about what I stated - its all fact - I simply suggested he may have probs with his machine or provider because I am in the same global hemisphere as he is and have had no problems what so ever. are you having problems - other than not being able to handle a few zeds?

absolutely nothing false about what I stated - its all fact - I simply suggested he may have probs with his machine or provider because I am in the same global hemisphere as he is and have had no problems what so ever. are you having problems - other than not being able to handle a few zeds?

You actually stated it as a fact that his computer or internet was the problem when that is idiotic as thousands of people are having the same exact issue all over the world and the devs (these are the people who make the game) have already confirmed the issue is on their end multiple times and have already announced a hotfix for this exact issue.

If you know nothing about IT or game development don't go around telling people their computers are broken; not that hard of a concept.

1. @rocket2guns @TheMuncha wait for host FOREVER!!!!

@crybrant @TheMuncha yes... very annoying :( hope fix tomorrow sorry!

Edited by Weedz

hundreds of pacific zone players also suffering serious network issue, laggy and buggy.

I am an programmer too. I can sense that this dev team is kind of sux.

however at least they are trying to be resbonsible, I really hope so.

Oh come on, stablize the network performance before spending time on those fancy asses okay? 

Edited by apostate4

UK here - no problems connecting and playing. Sorry if this upsets some people. 

You actually stated it as a fact that his computer or internet was the problem when that is idiotic as thousands of people are having the same exact issue all over the world and the devs (these are the people who make the game) have already confirmed the issue is on their end multiple times and have already announced a hotfix for this exact issue.

If you know nothing about IT or game development don't go around telling people their computers are broken; not that hard of a concept.

hey look yer right I forgot to put the maybe in there. I did go back and edit it for clarity however. what's with you anyway - you're the most hostile person I've encountered here since January.

edit: and didn't you ignore me already from a previous thread where you called me a 12 yr old??

Edited by Elle

hey look yer right I forgot to put the maybe in there. I did go back and edit it for clarity however. what's with you anyway - you're the most hostile person I've encountered here since January.

The person who swears at and insults people in every other post they make while telling people their computers are broken calling people hostile .... u funny. Adding maybe to your post changes the entire meaning of your post and yet still doesn't change the fact that you're telling people their computers might be broken because they are experiencing a well known, widely reported, confirmed by multiple developers, already being worked on problem with this patch.

Especially considering how you posted about the exact issue and the fix for it that OP is having in another thread 5 minutes before telling him his computer is broken

buncha fuckin babies. as for the connection issues... hotfix by morning. oh and I aint crying, I'm bitchin. I'm so sick of whiners that can't seem to rise to a small challenge and come here and cry about their ineptitude - you probably have a small dick too.

don't be a whiny child because "mommy the zombie bit me..." the majority of zed complaints were "they are too easy..." now you assholes think they are too hard??

If in your head people correcting you on your ignorance with detailed posts of why you're wrong in telling people their computers are broken or thinking people are complaining about the "difficulty" of the zombies (which didn't even change there are just more of them now) not the horrendous bugs and glitches currently going on with the zombies and desync issues as you incessantly swear and insult them is THEM being hostile to YOU than you have some serious issues.

Edited by Weedz

I guess you are unaware most americans use steam and it auto updated for us.

Also, my first sentence said I was aware of an update, why would I know that but not make sure we updated?   Can you read?

Why are you so mad?

For me, I haven't had a single issue with anything at all. In fact, before the patch update my game would crash constantly when I would join but now it starts fine. However, for the rest of you guys that the game doesn't work for, I hope the devs fix it up soon for you all.

For me, I haven't had a single issue with anything at all. In fact, before the patch update my game would crash constantly when I would join but now it starts fine. However, for the rest of you guys that the game doesn't work for, I hope the devs fix it up soon for you all.

No no no you're doing it all wrong. If you're game is working you're supposed to act like there are no bugs with this patch like everyone else.

I can't play either, so I'm taking a break. I have college work to do over the weekend anyway.

I think since all 4 of my buddies try to join same servers, thats what crashes 100 of all servers over 18 or 20 full.      If only one person joins a server at a time, some of you are getting through.