Losthanyou

Where am I?

So I was wandering around what was eastern Cherno for about 3 hours and got lost.  I quickly found a road and decided to follow it to reach some signs, but I didn't recognize any of the places on the signs even when I checked dayzdb.  Naturally, I kept going, and about 15 minutes later I found another sign with places I still didn't recognize (and neither does google, evidently).  I wanted to eventually reach some friends but going on aimlessly is getting dull.

DabD2pR.jpg

Halp?

Great map for the game

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus

EDIT: Even has the russian text along with english text.

Hello there

IMHO half the fun is finding your own way.

Whilst many external maps are well implemented, to me they spoil the game.

Succeeding on your own is a large part of the fun.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 8

Hello there

IMHO half the fun is finding your own way.

Whilst many external maps are well implemented, to me they spoil the game.

Succeeding on your own is a large part of the fun.

Rgds

LoK

Hey, he asked lmfao.

I strongle agree with orlok, I would avoid using external maps.

I hear Поляна is lovely this time of year though. ;)

• Like 3

Well, I was mostly afraid of going so far north that I'd just be stuck until dehydration.  

And my issue was that I couldn't find those locations on the dayzdb map.

I have heard Orlok stress this enough times! You will only thank yourself later heading his advice :) 

I spent my first 200 hours in amazement getting to know the terrain, landmarks and all things Chernarus! It was intense, gruelling and pulled out a bucket load of emotions from me as I had little to no idea where I was, or going to for that fact. Everything felt foreign, and nothing familiar. Heck I know most of my way around but I still get surprised when I get lost, and it still happens :)

I was out of my comfort zone and always on edge. It made me pay more attention to my surroundings and the little things you would usually miss as your too busy running from A to B, become more noticeable. You learn to slow down and become patient, I learned very quickly from the start, that if I were mauled by zombies or a panic round would send me into the distance running frantically. I would lose my bearings very quickly and end up in a worse predicament than before.

• Like 3

I don't like external maps either. You learn to depend on it, and that just kills it.
Knowing to read Serbian Cyrillics is also a great asset cause I can actually use the road signs, yay! :D

Anyway, since those towns aren't on the dayzdb map, I don't think I'll ruin anything by transfering to Latin alphabet...

Černaja Poljana (Chernaya Polyana?)
Novodmitrovsk

Smirnovo

• Like 2

i ruined a fair whack of dayzmod by using that fucking database...lesson learned.

think about how much extra time you get out of the game by not using that as a loot aid or gps...

same with the forums hah...

I use the map I looted quite a lot - the detail is awesome - lately however I've noticed that I don't use the compass much at all anymore. as a qualifier: I use the looted map for the fine details as it shows buildings and such when zoomed in, I highly recommend it.

i ruined a fair whack of dayzmod by using that fucking database...lesson learned.

think about how much extra time you get out of the game by not using that as a loot aid or gps...

same with the forums hah...

Every source out of the game ruins it. The question is how much patience a person has i memorising over 200km^2. During my first times in the mod I depended on the database so much, always checking the map for the gear, and not actually searching in-game. It got boring pretty fast, and to this day I still don't know the whole map. It's like driving in a car as a passive passanger time and time again, and when it's your turn to drive - you don't have a clue where to go. That's why the standalone is amazing for me even in this state, I can concentrate on exploring on my own, and fairly sure I know my way around the coast now, getting to the NEAF is a piece of cake, and a closing the perimiter around NW of the map. Lenghty process, but worth it. Now, if I could only find a map in this game, that would be amazing.

Is this one real? Check the top right corner (for Russians). If this one is real I love it :D

Edited by MetapoliC

I admit I do use an external map, I think it's not so realistic you would eventually find a map in the area and in-game maps are found rarely and somehow I never find the map of the area I'm in at that moment.

I understand why some would feel it ruins the game experience in a way, I used it to catch up with more experienced players and to understand what some discussions on the forum are about.

Anyway: I use this map: http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html

I admit I do use an external map, I think it's not so realistic you would eventually find a map in the area and in-game maps are found rarely and somehow I never find the map of the area I'm in at that moment.

I understand why some would feel it ruins the game experience in a way, I used it to catch up with more experienced players and to understand what some discussions on the forum are about.

Anyway: I use this map: http://www.izurvive.com/chernarusplussatmap.html

This one is actually OK in my oppinion, it doesn't say what spawns where, and yeah, maps in the game are too hard to find. In reality, there would be alot of maps, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to put a map in every train station. Not lootable, but hang it on the wall and make it available for players to read.

• Like 1

I know exactly where you are, I was just there the other day.  You're westish of svetojarsk at the very northeast end of the map.  That sign faces westward.

Get on a daytime server with server time pre-noon and follow the sun keeping it on the top right of your screen and it should lead you eastward back to the east coast.

• Like 1

I know exactly where you are, I was just there the other day.  You're westish of svetojarsk at the very northeast end of the map.  That sign faces westward.

Get on a daytime server with server time pre-noon and follow the sun keeping it on the top right of your screen and it should lead you eastward back to the east coast.

Thanks man.  I ended up spending a few hours wandering all the way up north (I picked the wrong direction I guess) til the map ended.  Eventually wound back up on that sign and found the NE airfield fairly close by, though I died there very quickly after.