Shakis

Stuck under a building

I ran up a set of stairs into a building and now I'm stuck in the geometry under the building and can't get out.

This also means I currently can't play the game, any fix/way to kill myself?

Welcome to Arma

Press V a lot and try rolling while prone

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 2

or you can try face a wall and log off when logging back on hit the W key

• Like 1

Can't go prone for some reason, next time I'm on I'll try facing a wall.

If I can't get out am I going to have to wait till I starve to death?

Here is what you have to do if there is truly no way out.

Log out of a server while running forward, wait for the timer and when you log back in hold down the w key immediately and you will run through anything that is in front of you including walls, this has saved me many of times.

Good luck.

• Like 3

Hahaha thank you all. I will try all of these suggestions and take a video of it.

If I get out then maybe it will be useful for someone else.

shout "Help me, I am stuck!" in voice chat for about 6 hours. Hopefully someone'll come by and dig you out from under the house.

• Like 2

Small Green House with the side Stairs. Had the same prob. Go to an corner and swap servers. Took me over 1 hour but position desync got me out of it. Dont try running and V . it just wont work. And if you get a Zombi to atack you he cant harm you cause you both stuck in the floor. Good Luck me m8!

That is the most anoying bug i had till now.

Edited by Krawallkurt

Here is what you have to do if there is truly no way out.

Log out of a server while running forward, wait for the timer and when you log back in hold down the w key immediately and you will run through anything that is in front of you including walls, this has saved me many of times.

Good luck.

So the "glitching" isnt fix after all?

Welcome to Arma

Press V a lot and try rolling while prone

It's not longer possible to vault while running against/stand in front of walls - probably a workaround for wallglitchting. Edited by Guest

hmmm my efforts are seriously hampered by the log in time out :S need to wait 300 seconds every time I log out to see if the "glitch fix" has saved me from the house...

My character is in perfect health, well fed, well watered...

I might need to buy another copy of the game <_<

It is the green building that you go up stairs to get into yes, that is the one I have fell through.

I think once I fell through I just logged out and didn't play for like 2 weeks or so... and now the "glitch through walls" has apparently been fixed, solidifying my fate to be buried alive under this house...

I don't think I've been killed by a zombie yet.

I did glitch out the wall from the top of the high rises in cherno... fell to the ground and landed in a bush, walked away as if nothing happened...

Always carry some poison with you, like desinfecant or rotten fruit.

Happened to me before.  Vaulting eventually worked.  You might try running + vault as well...if you can run.  

Edited by iBane

hmmm my efforts are seriously hampered by the log in time out :S need to wait 300 seconds every time I log out to see if the "glitch fix" has saved me from the house...

My character is in perfect health, well fed, well watered...

I might need to buy another copy of the game <_<

It is the green building that you go up stairs to get into yes, that is the one I have fell through.

I think once I fell through I just logged out and didn't play for like 2 weeks or so... and now the "glitch through walls" has apparently been fixed, solidifying my fate to be buried alive under this house...

I don't think I've been killed by a zombie yet.

I did glitch out the wall from the top of the high rises in cherno... fell to the ground and landed in a bush, walked away as if nothing happened...

Dude trust me it works i used it to get out of that very building but the problem is you cant have even a second of the timer.

You need to wait out the timer first, log out next to a wall. Then when you log in hold down the w key immediately and by the time the screen has actually loaded up you should be about 10 feet in front of where you left your avatar.

• Like 2

I was in the same situation a few days ago. A friend say he got out once by rolling around but it never worked for me. Tried running and jumping too. Eventually I got out by standing next to one of the walls and hitting the prone button. My character went through the prone animation and ended up halfway out of the building. I then crawled out.

Run full tilt to the nearest wall touching the accessible part of the building. While running put yourself in the hopping animation then mid way through the animation leave the server as fast as possible. Now you should be unstuck.

If you still can't get out I would just log in and tab out and watch a movie or something and check it every so often to see if you died from thirst/hunger yet.

Dude trust me it works i used it to get out of that very building but the problem is you cant have even a second of the timer.

You need to wait out the timer first, log out next to a wall. Then when you log in hold down the w key immediately and by the time the screen has actually loaded up you should be about 10 feet in front of where you left your avatar.

Thanks! ... This worked perfect. I was stuck in an inaccessible room, did as you said.

I spent about half an hour trying to vault, run glitch, prone roll... didn't work.

• Like 2

Same thing happened to me one time, except I had no-one to help me :/

Here was my suicide attempt :

Drink and eat everything to get stuffed, and hopefully puke ... I got really energized.. lol 

Drink alcohol .. nothing happened.. I was like.. what? lol

Scream ... I screamed for a good hour or two, until a survivor came.. He couldn't see me :/

I was pretty scared I'd have to live forever, until I found one trick :

Keep running at the wall.. I wedged my car key under the a/d keys, and above the w key, and sprinted for a good 10 minutes. Eventually, I glitched through the wall lol

I also had instances where I was walking at the wall, and equipped my weapon, and allowed myself to go through it. Try that next time too.

As long as the game is still in alpha, and possibly well into beta the devs need to add a simple suicide key. Hit it and bam you are dead. I am not sure how you would abuse this but just in case someone finds a way you just add a simple 30 minute cooldown on the key. Anyone that has to use this more than once once or twice an hour is probably trying to cheat.

• Like 1

Thanks! ... This worked perfect. I was stuck in an inaccessible room, did as you said.

I spent about half an hour trying to vault, run glitch, prone roll... didn't work.

No problem dude, share this info if you ever see it pop up again.

Version 0.49-something:

Got stuck in the famous green house, under the floor. Tried everything on this thread, didnt work. I finally tried go slowly backwards while changing weapons and it worked. Hope this helps anyone.

Version 0.49-something:

Got stuck in the famous green house, under the floor. Tried everything on this thread, didnt work. I finally tried go slowly backwards while changing weapons and it worked. Hope this helps anyone.

Or you can just submit ticket on bug tracker and they will get you out.