Sign in to follow this  
BadContrakt

Authentication Timeout

Yes, I realize this is probably happening to others, and yes I realize it's probably already been posted. But I've tried 5 times now to stay in a game for longer than 60 seconds and fail every time.

I get into the game just fine, but then in under a minute I'm instantly kicked and it says Authentication Timeout. This has started happening since I downloaded the new patch, obviously.

Anyone else? Any fix for this?

Yeah Steam is down, was just about to go on. 

http://www.issteamdown.com/

Guess we have to wait it out. Server browsing and some security is done by Steam so DayZ is unplayable when their servers are down.

Fucking Steam... <_<

It's just a bug. Should be fixed soon.

Servers seemed to have gone crazy after the update.

Edit: Didn't realize Steam was down too >.<

Edited by Kihz

Yes, I realize this is probably happening to others, and yes I realize it's probably already been posted. But I've tried 5 times now to stay in a game for longer than 60 seconds and fail every time.

I get into the game just fine, but then in under a minute I'm instantly kicked and it says Authentication Timeout. This has started happening since I downloaded the new patch, obviously.

Anyone else? Any fix for this?

Have your tried other servers?

Yeah its kinda common problem - no fix so far.

Edit: My steam is working fine

Edited by finowns

Yeah my friend said his steam is down but mine is functioning properly it seems. Steam has been down like a few times I'm aware of in the last week. Christ. I think you may be right that it's linked to Steam being problematic. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

So I'm in the servers and can't get anything in my hands... anybody else experiencing the same? This is quite the issue since I'm bleeding. Also really feeling the downside of the timer now - been in 3 different servers and can't use anything and had to wait the dirty 4 to 5 minutes before logging in my dying character :(

Ah more people are experiencing issues, guess I'll try to bandage up tomorrow.

Edited by Problematic

So I'm in the servers and can't get anything in my hands... anybody else experiencing the same? This is quite the issue since I'm bleeding. Also really feeling the downside of the timer now - been in 3 different servers and can't use anything and had to wait the dirty 4 to 5 minutes before logging in my dying character :(

Not being able to interact with objects is one of the symptoms of the "Session lost" issue. There doesn't seem anything to be done about it on our end, but they are apparently working on a hotfix for it, according to people who visit The Official DayZ Forum Reddit.

I was able to overcome the Authentication error message by rebooting my router. But this issue made me ragequit the other day.

Yeah Steam is down, was just about to go on. 

http://www.issteamdown.com/

Guess we have to wait it out. Server browsing and some security is done by Steam so DayZ is unplayable when their servers are down.

Fucking Steam... <_<

Fucking steam?   Thousands of people across three continents have been unable to play dayz on regular servers for last two days due to the shitty patch.........  But you want to blame steam for having a fleeting issue?

Fucking steam?   Thousands of people across three continents have been unable to play dayz on regular servers for last two days due to the shitty patch.........  But you want to blame steam for having a fleeting issue?

As you could have seen in my next post, it was by then clear to me that the problem wasn't steam I just started trying to log in during the steam problems so I (only at first) thought it was Steam, but thanks for the constructive message.

I just got this problem for the first time right now. Can't log on to a server or on steam. Went offline mode on steam and same shit happened. But my buddy who i am in teamspeak with right now is playing on a server and is on steam and everything is fine. Weird.

I just got this problem for the first time right now. Can't log on to a server or on steam. Went offline mode on steam and same shit happened. But my buddy who i am in teamspeak with right now is playing on a server and is on steam and everything is fine. Weird.

Thats because Steam itself is down dude.