Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

It is clearly broken because its not working as intended. I know it was done as a test, but tests should first be done internally, then pubclically on experimental and only if it is working they should put it on stable. Thats why I say they should make a hotfix that removes or disables the respawn mechanism from stable version.

That would be how it's done on a fully live game, possibly even in a beta. This is an alpha, we are helping with the testing so it's perfectly valid that they test this respawn mechanic on us.

That would be how it's done on a fully live game, possibly even in a beta. This is an alpha, we are helping with the testing so it's perfectly valid that they test this respawn mechanic on us.

Well alright maybe they needed more feedback than from a couple hundred players who play experimental. But I'm pretty sure they have got enough feedback by now and bugs have been reported so theres really no need to keep it in stable until the next patch.

PS: I also think that the current feedback isnt worth much because the system is not working as intended. So they should remove it, fix it internally, test it for bugs on experimental and then put it back in stable to get proper feedback from many players.

Edited by Sleezy
  • Like 1

It is not clearly broken, it's working as they intended it to work. This is just a placeholder for now and Dean has said explicitly that they are not going to go backwards and roll back changes they've made. 

As for my opinion, it's shite for a lone wolf but more exciting than before if you're in a team. Shame I don't have a team and thanks to diablo expansion I don't even have my buddy

It is not clearly broken, it's working as they intended it to work. This is just a placeholder for now and Dean has said explicitly that they are not going to go backwards and roll back changes they've made. 

As for my opinion, it's shite for a lone wolf but more exciting than before if you're in a team. Shame I don't have a team and thanks to diablo expansion I don't even have my buddy

haha.. to true. I multitask between the 2 games..

you can play with us whenever we are on

It is not clearly broken, it's working as they intended it to work.

Sorry to inform you that it's not working as intended. The intention was to have zombies respawning only if you use a loud weapon to kill zombies. For me it's no difference if I use a Mosin or a Fireaxe to kill zombies - I get respawning zombies on my ass as long as I keep killing zombies (no matter if quietly or loudly). This behaviour was clearly not intended, dont know where it was probably on twitter, but they described the system as I did in the second sentence of this post, so its clearly not working as intended and is therefore broken. Also they are supposed to aggro towards the position they heard the shots from, but they always aggro the player, which is probably more a fault of the AI.

Edited by Sleezy

Sorry to inform you that it's not working as intended. The intention was to have zombies respawning only if you use a loud weapon to kill zombies. For me it's no difference if I use a Mosin or a Fireaxe to kill zombies - I get respawning zombies on my ass as long as I keep killing zombies (no matter if quietly or loudly). This behaviour was clearly not intended, dont know where it was probably on twitter, but they described the system as I did in the second sentence of this post, so its clearly not working as intended and is therefore broken. Also they are supposed to aggro towards the position they heard the shots from, but they always aggro the player, which is probably more a fault of the AI.

could you please quote the information about the respawn working in the way you described? I will happily stand corrected if so. as to the aggro, if they hear a noise but see you (yummy food) then they will obviously aggro towards you rather than the sound.

• Like 1

Sorry to inform you that it's not working as intended. The intention was to have zombies respawning only if you use a loud weapon to kill zombies.

Where does it say that this was the intention? From what I can see all that's been said is that a temporary respawning mechanic is being tested.

I've never had that happen to me, when I take them down with the axe the new zombie will just stand there until he sees me (which is for fraking miles!)

Yeah, they do aggro the player not the vicinity though. I can't wait to see what they will do with the zombies AI in the future, hopefully it will be really advanced(zombies with advanced AI?? err that doesnt seem plausible now that i think about it).

Oh I'd love to play with you ministelis, I love aussies!

Edited by Dolle

Any news on when the new patch is coming out in patch notes. Cannot wait for the next survival aspect of the game.

could you please quote the information about the respawn working in the way you described? I will happily stand corrected if so. as to the aggro, if they hear a noise but see you (yummy food) then they will obviously aggro towards you rather than the sound.

Here is the thread from DevTracker: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181123-reddit-rocket2guns-on-psa-from-hicks-if-you-shoot-zombies-they-will-remember-and-attack-you-again-upon-respawning

I had to re-read it as well, I guess I misunderstood a part of it. Zombie respawn should always happen when you kill a zombie no matter which weapon you use, but the aggroing/knowledge of player position should only happen when you use a loud weapon to kill zombies. So the respawning part works as intended but the aggroing part does not.

Edited by Sleezy

Any news on when the new patch is coming out in patch notes. Cannot wait for the next survival aspect of the game.

Nope, but all these public things that Hicks and Rocket have to do may keep the devs from pushing something, even to experimental. I hope I'm wrong, anyway.

Here is the thread from DevTracker: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/181123-reddit-rocket2guns-on-psa-from-hicks-if-you-shoot-zombies-they-will-remember-and-attack-you-again-upon-respawning

I had to re-read it as well, I guess I misunderstood a part of it. Zombie respawn should always happen when you kill a zombie no matter which weapon you use, but the aggroing/knowledge of player position should only happen when you use a loud weapon to kill zombies. So the respawning part works as intended but the aggroing part does not.

cool. thanks for the info. I tested the noise aggro in Electro on a low pop from a roof and they all came running. maybe they all saw me at once.. maybe not. I guess we will see. I will record it tomorrow and post back.

Are you sure they aggro you upon respawn even if you axe them and it's not just that they spot you? I know I've had zombies aggroing me through trees and miles away when I've shot them but when I used the axe I was safe until they actually saw me again.

Are you sure they aggro you upon respawn even if you axe them and it's not just that they spot you? I know I've had zombies aggroing me through trees and miles away when I've shot them but when I used the axe I was safe until they actually saw me again.

Pretty damn sure, I watched a zombie respawn in an open field while I was prone in a pinetree. He spawned with his back turned towards me and instantly turned around and ran towards my positon.

Edited by Sleezy

Pretty damn sure, I watched a zombie respawn in an open field while I was prone in a pinetree. He spawned with his back turned towards me and instantly turned around and ran towards my positon.

I can confirm zombies spawning in front of me, behind me. Whenever they like, by that I mean that I'm just walking/running and searching for items but the zombs are spawning there. I also had a bug at Berezeno's construction site, there were about 6 zombs which clearly saw me (they look right in my direction and I am not far away from them at all) but these zombs were not hunting me at all. I was walking near them, talking to them ^^ No reaction from them, some were walking. Even thou players may say that the new zombies are way too hard, I think the new zombs are still way too easy and stupid. All they have now is some god speed but that's it. Ok I can imagine myself zombies which are fast but I clearly cannot imagine zombies appearing in front of me out of nowhere. It looks hilarious, it has nothing to do with reality and it simply sucks ^^ Fix 'em all

THANKS FOR CLEANING AGAIN :D

Edited by MetapoliC

Who are you referring to? A deleted post?

You now have a deleted post.

Dean with it.

Sorry for off topicness but dean with it? Really?

And when are we getting more servers/stable 0.44

And when are we getting more servers/stable 0.44

When ?

Tight data control is active.

Depends on Tight data control results.

No idea really, Dean with it.

Stay on Topic or I swear I will push that cute little button nose of yours.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

GIVE DAYZ EXPERIMENTAL UPDATE W/ CHANGELOG!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Edited by JohnFromSteam

So what exactly will be in the next patch? been playing diablo 3 since the new expansion came out and was wondering what we are going to get in the next patch?

i expect they would include some more cooking related items and such.

personaly i wouldnt mind geting my hands on some Pig-Bacon.

or a Car or a horse to ride, u know's the usual Tba.

So what exactly will be in the next patch? been playing diablo 3 since the new expansion came out and was wondering what we are going to get in the next patch?

i expect they would include some more cooking related items and such.

personaly i wouldnt mind geting my hands on some Pig-Bacon.

or a Car or a horse to ride, u know's the usual Tba.

You should read the basic roadmap "released" last week. You can find it in the dev tracker, in the thread referring to rezzed (it's sticked so you won't have problems finding it, I'm sorry but linking from mobile requires too much time).

You'll get partial answers and more there ;)

Edited by Gugolas

anybody else getting kicked suddenly "BattleEye failed to update"? Although before spawning 'Update completed successfully" and "Initializing"...also saw a couple more players getting kicked the same way. It s first time for me getting this error.

anybody else getting kicked suddenly "BattleEye failed to update"? Although before spawning 'Update completed successfully" and "Initializing"...also saw a couple more players getting kicked the same way. It s first time for me getting this error.

In the sa section at the bottom before graveyard theres a topic about this were a battle eye staff member tells you how to fix this error

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/182917-battleye-solution-for-failed-to-update-kicks/

Edited by spartan54820
  • Like 1

Why don't you try treating people with this 'respect' you talk about. Telling a forum admin to go do his job, when he's already here administering the forums is not respectful.

Going back to an earlier couple of posts in the thread, we at last managed to find a long range scope! Just 1, and that's after looting every airfield and military base at least twice shortly after a server restart. So these are very rare from the look of it.

Edited by kichilron
Removed Quote.