Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Go and watch The Walking Dead later than come back...

This is not the point... The zombie was like TWD's walkers and overnight they move like "28 dayz/weeks".... The Arma engine doesn't support zombies like "28 dayz", in this movie, zombies dont pass through walls.

what makes you think (the engine they have recoded to specifically cater to the needs of the game) can't handle zombies like 28 days? everything is possible with the right programmers. and the increased speed is only a test to get feedback from us. I like the speed of them at the moment. they just need to update the animations to match and as the pathing improves each patch you will be able to hide as they wont see you.

I just got my 8,641st authentication timeout in the past 3 hours. Going to take a vacation from this headache calle DayZ Alpha. :)

• Like 1

I just got my 8,641st authentication timeout in the past 3 hours. Going to take a vacation from this headache calle DayZ Alpha. :)

Try a re-install whenever you get the chance. I believe it has helped a few others with that issue.

Go and watch The Walking Dead later than come back...

This is not the point... The zombie was like TWD's walkers and overnight they move like "28 dayz/weeks".... The Arma engine doesn't support zombies like "28 dayz", in this movie, zombies dont pass through walls.

They actually run just as fast or faster in the mod, so the infected in dayz have always been this fast. IN the mod, they are right on your heels until you loose em or deal with them. THAT is how they are in the mod, that's how they are in dayz standalone. As they should be. Best get used to it, or perish ;) (watch Dean Hall making the animations for them, he is watching 28 days later then getting the MO-CAP done, it has always been his intention to have fast "infected humans" not slow walking zombies. There is plenty of games that do that already :)

Edited by BlackDalia
  • Like 6

They actually run just as fast or faster in the mod, so the infected in dayz have always been this fast. IN the mod, they are right on your heels until you loose em or deal with them. THAT is how they are in the mod, that's how they in dayz standalone. As they should be. Best get used to it, or perish ;) (watch Dean Hall making the animations for them, he is watching 28 days later then getting the MO-CAP done, it has always been his intention to have fast "infected humans" not slow walking zombies. There is plenty of games that do that already :)

Well said

I love these zombies, they have been capable of making me have to run away to bandage and change clothing on multiple occasion but I've survived to tell about it

• Like 1

I dont know what Dean Hall want to DayZ. I think he doesn't know too. I think it should be based on some feasible history and focus on that. In a story where it will be easier to prevent bugs. For me it would be perfect if it were based on TWD. But the number of zombies would be big and hordes wandering around.

He wants to leave

If you watch Rocket's MO-CAP vids, he is actually watching 28 days later for all his inspirations in dayz. He wanted to go down the infected "Living humans" route, hence you can take them down without heads shots and they can run. Romero in one of his longest interviews from the specials edition of "Dawn of the dead" spoke about how he felt, true dead people "zombies" should never be able to run and require the head or brain to be taken out. IAM with both of these ideas. I think dayz is perfectly suited for the infected as it stands. although I have always thought about adding slow zombies, but many more of them, into a mod.

Aw man thats cool thanks for the info =) yea but what I was saying that the infected are Zombies just a different type. Zombies can be the undead or living, slow or fast, cannibalistic or just violent. yes fast undead zombies exsist in media and storys.

ps. I would actually like to see both. wouldnt that be interesting. fast and slow

Edited by Karatii

I think that fresh re-spawned zombies can see through some buildings even if they were silently killed withe fire-axe. Can anyone else confirm this?

I love these zombies, they have been capable of making me have to run away to bandage and change clothing on multiple occasion but I've survived to tell about it

Yes, Zombies have arrived! It's now not just a shoot'em like Arme....

I agree solodude23.. It is a zombie survival game after all. plus when throwing physics gets added you can throw stones towards you enemies to get the zombies after them. mwahahahaha.

I already thought about a walkie-grenade... :D

Few minutes ago i was in the North East Airfiled at the second floor of a building. To be safe i was crouch on the ground and looting a backpack and the i saw the black screen "you're dead".

At first i tought some sniper killed me (there was only 5 people on the server) then on the left of the screen i read "your leg is in pain". How is that possible ? I was crouch on the ground behind a wall. I could understand an head shot but from where is was a shot at a leg was just impossibile. Anyway i respawn i had robber banding every few seconds. Every few steps i was teleported back to the point i had respawn. Now i think : " is it possible i fall down from the second floor and i died for rubber banding" ?

If yes .. robber banding is an issue i never had before the last hotfix .. is this a know issue ?

Thanks

Same happened to me a few days ago, but in a military base. It is the jail-building, second floor, the room with the beds.

I had mates around me and they were looking after my corpse…I layed down on the ground outside the building. There must be a glitch that you can suddenly (and without even moving!!) fall out of the building and die immidietly, breaking your legs. Thank god they removed all my gear before my corpse disappeared, so I quickly ran across the map and got all my gear back within an hour.

This must be fixed! I hardly move in that room anymore now, anxious of this happening again...

Same happened to me a few days ago, but in a military base. It is the jail-building, second floor, the room with the beds.

I had mates around me and they were looking after my corpse…I layed down on the ground outside the building. There must be a glitch that you can suddenly (and without even moving!!) fall out of the building and die immidietly, breaking your legs. Thank god they removed all my gear before my corpse disappeared, so I quickly ran across the map and got all my gear back within an hour.

This must be fixed! I hardly move in that room anymore now, anxious of this happening again...

Yes. That's the room. I was between the bed and the window. I didn't hear a single shot and also as i said i was crouch on the ground so no way someone could shot me at my legs from there.

Well ... what can i say .. it's an alpha  ...

Few minutes ago i was in the North East Airfiled at the second floor of a building. To be safe i was crouch on the ground and looting a backpack and the i saw the black screen "you're dead".

At first i tought some sniper killed me (there was only 5 people on the server) then on the left of the screen i read "your leg is in pain". How is that possible ? I was crouch on the ground behind a wall. I could understand an head shot but from where is was a shot at a leg was just impossibile. Anyway i respawn i had robber banding every few seconds. Every few steps i was teleported back to the point i had respawn. Now i think : " is it possible i fall down from the second floor and i died for rubber banding" ?

If yes .. robber banding is an issue i never had before the last hotfix .. is this a know issue ?

Thanks

Something similar happened to me a few days ago: I was crouching and sorting my inventory in the corner of the small room over the door of a metal shed, and suddenly I found myself on the ground outside. At the time I though that I had glitched through the wall, either because of some movement while crouching or because my friend had inadvertently shoved me (he was standing before me when it happened); it seems I was lucky as I had no damage whatsoever, no broken leg or anything.

Immediately after that though something else happened, just as weird: once back in the shed, I got "rooted" to the floor, on a patch of ground which was sticking through the floor. I could turn around and act, open the inventory etc. but I couldn't move at all, nor vault or anything. A few minutes of hilarity ensued as my friend tried shoving me outside of the shed, but to no avail. Eventually logged out and in again, and everything was fine.

Alpha! :D

• Like 1

Similar happened to me in one of the shops. I was crouched behind the counter and tried to get something out of my inventory. I glitched through the wall into the back of the shop and an error appeared in the bottom corner 'Error putting item in hand'. I wonder if it's because there was enough room around my character for him to get things in and out of the bag.

What do you think about -

Expanding map via server- (Have to be at edge of map to switch servers to adjacent map)

So, any updates or fixes announced for today?

Couldn't find information on todays maintenance on devtracker and twitter.

Something similar happened to me a few days ago: I was crouching and sorting my inventory in the corner of the small room over the door of a metal shed, and suddenly I found myself on the ground outside. At the time I though that I had glitched through the wall, either because of some movement while crouching or because my friend had inadvertently shoved me (he was standing before me when it happened); it seems I was lucky as I had no damage whatsoever, no broken leg or anything.

Immediately after that though something else happened, just as weird: once back in the shed, I got "rooted" to the floor, on a patch of ground which was sticking through the floor. I could turn around and act, open the inventory etc. but I couldn't move at all, nor vault or anything. A few minutes of hilarity ensued as my friend tried shoving me outside of the shed, but to no avail. Eventually logged out and in again, and everything was fine.

Alpha! :D

Similar happened to me in one of the shops. I was crouched behind the counter and tried to get something out of my inventory. I glitched through the wall into the back of the shop and an error appeared in the bottom corner 'Error putting item in hand'. I wonder if it's because there was enough room around my character for him to get things in and out of the bag.

So the problem seems related to the be crouch on the ground and acting on the inventory. Well, i prefer an headshot than glitch through the wall. So no more crouching in the buildings for me !

• Like 1

Yeah would like to hear something too. Seems that nothing was updated after maintenance. I realized that rigth now you can switch between experimental and stable without data is being updated. Anyone knows if there are actually exp. servers online? Like with fixed lootspawn and stuff?

Edited by Stonejackit

Yeah would like to hear something too. Seems that nothing was updated after maintenance. I realized that rigth now you can switch between experimental and stable without data is being updated. Anyone knows if there are actually exp. servers online? Like with fixed lootspawn and stuff?

The weekly maintenance is for server/networkmaintenance purpose only - you shouldn't except anyhting on wednesday unless it was announced -  sometime devs surprise us with something but i wouldn't bet on that every time. It was nothing announced - lootspawn in cars/tents/etc. isn't fixed after maintenance.

Experimental servers are all down at the moment - probably cuz exp and stable having the same version at time.

servers up?

Yes

Edited by Guest

The weekly maintenance is for server/networkmaintenance purpose only - you shouldn't except anyhting on wednesday unless it was announced -  sometime devs surprise us with something but i wouldn't bet on that every time. It was nothing announced - lootspawn in cars/tents/etc. isn't fixed after maintenance.

Yeah, I know that there's not always updates on Wednesdays, just wanted to know if someone knows more than I do :D

Thanks btw.