Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

Indeed, I know. Just discussing about timing of the implementation (especially if the rest of the zeds things are long way to come) and consequentely impossibility of giving a proper feedback on the new animations.

Anyone else finding zombies just standing still,  completely unaware as you sneak up and axe them in the head?  I am not seeing many roamers anymore, just loafers.

Or am i just a master ninja?

This happened to me a few times. If I stood still then they would see me. Also as a fresh spawn I stood there with my fists up and let 3 of them hit into me. 7 hits each before I was unconscious. not very strong.

Anyone else finding zombies just standing still,  completely unaware as you sneak up and axe them in the head?  I am not seeing many roamers anymore, just loafers.

I posted before about joining a night server, but it being daylight ingame. It seems the zombies are "acting" as if it's a dark night, and being unaware of players at some times

... but I don't think that they should be faster than a normal human beeing (whatever you think they are, dead or infected) ...

STOP TELLING BULLSHIT!

You can still out run Zombies, just not when you have two primery weapons. But thats your own fault!

And even then you can out run them by zick-zack and not running in a line.

STOP LIEING !

Edited by Brasilo

I was at the NW Airfield watching zeds respawn.  I stood by the ATC and used my axe and then there would be another that would pop into view standing there. A zombie horde would be intense if they would add something like that!

STOP TELLING BULLSHIT!

You can still out run Zombies, just not when you have two primery weapons. But thats your own fault!

And even then you can out run them by zick-zack and not running in a line.

STOP LIEING !

Yes, you can run away from Z's, even with two primary weapons. BUT there are Z's who can hit you even when they are 10m behind you.

And even if they are only as fast as the player, whats the point in randomly forced to full stop when trying to take the Meleeweapon out?

It's just not a Lie

Edited by Owltalktoyou
  • Like 1

Yes, you can run away from Z's, even with two primary weapons. BUT there are Z's who can hit you even when they are 10m behind you.

And even if they are only as fast as the player, whats the point in randomly forced to full stop when trying to take the Meleeweapon out?

It's just not a Lie

You have to press your faster move buttonn while changing ur direction then you put it out while walking. Works for me.

I have a short clip of one standing still, just ran up and bashed it..BUt as far as people are saying the new "infected" are too hard..I deal with them ok, just with an axe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyM3NbeATvM&feature=youtu.be

Lol, yea I would say 4 of the 10 zombies I encounter are "ninja kills".  The other 6 are like SUPER zombies that see me from 500m away and automatically start running at me.  They scare the shit out of me, because I don't hear them scream since they are soooooooo far away when they aggro.

Edited by twinturbonet

Why 50 player servers hasn't  been translated to stable? In experimental 50 player servers are doing fine.

Edited by Wili
  • Like 1

Lol, yea I would say 4 of the 10 zombies I encounter are "ninja kills".  The other 6 are like SUPER zombies that see me from 500m away and automatically start running at me.  They scare the shit out of me, because I don't hear them scream since they are soooooooo far away when they aggro.

Yesterday I ran straight into a zombie that stood in the middle of the forest without it recognizing me. Half an hour later one spawned 5 meters behind me (in the forest) and attacked immediately. I'm really looking forward the new AI.

• Like 2

Why 50 player servers hasn't  been translated to stable? In experimental 50 player servers are doing fine.

No clue, maybe has something to do with ppl only rent a 40 slot server and this has to be communicated with the GSPs - just guessin.

btw.: sup bout the experimental server, all are down except the FL (Florida?) one?

I understand that have some players who think the fun is in the zombies, but for the vast majority of us, the real fun is in the fear of be found from other players. 

You've got it the wrong way, you are the minority. Did you even play DayZ Mod before? DayZ is about Zombies and finding ppl that can help you, with one or two bandits that probably kill you the first chance they get. That is what DayZ is and should be all about.

I remember Dayz Mod 1.7.7.4 or something like that when all zeds was extremely hard, or was it 1.8? Anyway, that was the good 'ol times - when surviving actually was hard. As it is now (in alpha, I'm not complaining) its nothing like the tension DayZ used to give.

Edited by Ironhuge
  • Like 3

Someone said it pretty well earlier in this thread, although I'm feeling way too lazy to go find and quote.

The main aim should be to survive, so getting food, water and shelter are the priorities. Not getting your face eaten by Zombies is pretty important too. After this you can decide whether to work with each other and survive or become a bandit.

• Like 3

finally, now this game have something in common with dayz :D

pzl add more zeds, make em respawn (or just spawn 5k every server restart so there will be no chance to shoot em all), make em faster and abit more predictable (currently they react in some weird way)

some meelee damage rebalance, hidden stashes and we are ready to go!

You've got it the wrong way, you are the minority. Did you even play DayZ Mod before? DayZ is about Zombies and finding ppl that can help you, with one or two bandits that probably kill you the first chance they get. That is what DayZ is and should be all about.

I remember Dayz Mod 1.7.7.4 or something like that when all zeds was extremely hard, or was it 1.8? Anyway, that was the good 'ol times - when surviving actually was hard. As it is now (in alpha, I'm not complaining) its nothing like the tension DayZ used to give.

Thats odd because many of us remember pre 1.7.1 patches where people spawned with macarovs and limited ammo and electro/churno were like a war zone with constant gun fire, and people were the main threat always, either directly or from back stabbing

and that constant risk was the good old dayz, people were scary. they got made less scarry at least at bambi stages and thats been fixed now with the punch

so the good old dayz have returned, every ones a threat all the time, and now zombies are a threat, maybe not to the level they need to be but they cause one hell of a distraction now leaving you exposed to other people 

• Like 1

+1

are we going to get a filter to beable to find accelerated night/day cycle servers?

Hope so, night time is very fun and havent found any in a while :(

• Like 2

go and watch 28 dayz/weeks later than come back....  :facepalm:

Go and watch The Walking Dead later than come back...

This is not the point... The zombie was like TWD's walkers and overnight they move like "28 dayz/weeks".... The Arma engine doesn't support zombies like "28 dayz", in this movie, zombies dont pass through walls.

Edited by frikazoide

Go and watch The Walking Dead later than come back...

This is not the point... The zombie was like TWD's walkers and overnight they move like "28 dayz/weeks".... The Arma engine doesn't support zombies like "28 dayz", in this movie, zombies dont pass through walls.

Well but Dean wanted to make them more like "28 days later" afaik. Thats the point.

But I seriously don't know why this is being discussed here because they already said the new animations caused them to sprint so fast. It was not intended and will be fixed.

And talking about TWD.

It sucks.

The first season was great but:

after they fired Frank Darabont, forced them to make 13 instead of 6 episodes per season and cut the budget by a million or more the show got worse and worse.

And the current peak of that is the so called "scientist" they try to protect.

Common.

That guy is a really ridiculous written character.

"Even though The Walking Dead proved to be a hit – and it is the only series that AMC owns completely – the network had already announced to the producers that they would not only be cutting the budget of the series from $3.4 million to $2.7 million, but that they would also want 13 episodes produced instead of 6 episodes that made up its first season. To make matters worse, AMC also told the producers that the 30% tax credit that the series receives from filming in Georgia would go directly to the network, and not make up for some of the money that was taken out of the production budget."

http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-frank-darabont-amc-aco-127783/

Edited by Ellen Ripley

I dont know what Dean Hall want to DayZ. I think he doesn't know too. I think it should be based on some feasible history and focus on that. In a story where it will be easier to prevent bugs. For me it would be perfect if it were based on TWD. But the number of zombies would be big and hordes wandering around.

• Like 1

You guys made the dropps instant but guess what. They teliport sometimes too a random spot in this room!!!!!!!!!!1

Same time on all servers. It's a new bug with day/night cycle? Ingame time just froze.

Edited by Tr1ToN

Few minutes ago i was in the North East Airfiled at the second floor of a building. To be safe i was crouch on the ground and looting a backpack and the i saw the black screen "you're dead".

At first i tought some sniper killed me (there was only 5 people on the server) then on the left of the screen i read "your leg is in pain". How is that possible ? I was crouch on the ground behind a wall. I could understand an head shot but from where is was a shot at a leg was just impossibile. Anyway i respawn i had robber banding every few seconds. Every few steps i was teleported back to the point i had respawn. Now i think : " is it possible i fall down from the second floor and i died for rubber banding" ?

If yes .. robber banding is an issue i never had before the last hotfix .. is this a know issue ?

Thanks