Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

probably removin tha loot - dayumn, guess the "nerfd" lootfix is goin live within the next days.

The new update was the worst dayz update until now. 

Despite the joy in seeing new items and cities, the zombies ruined any possibility of fun. 

I tried to play for a few hours but it was impossible. 

I like to enter in the cities and search of each available item and walking very cautiously for any other players don't see me.

Now its impossible to enter in any town. because zombies sprinters kicking you out of there. 

I understand that have some players who think the fun is in the zombies, but for the vast majority of us, the real fun is in the fear of be found from other players. 

To show this, just look at the mod and see how few servers were PvE and how many were PvP.

Now, I gonna wait and hope for the next update correct the speed of the zombies. 

Because I think the most players prefer extremely strong zombies that kill you in two hits but are slow and easy to run away, of sprinters zombies who kick you out of any city and decrease the chances of finding other players.

• Like 1

Damn, was too bad the exp servers are down now, I was excited to try the new loot spawns. 

Despite the joy in seeing new items and cities, the zombies ruined any possibility of fun. 
I like to enter in the cities and search of each available item and walking very cautiously for any other players don't see me.
Now its impossible to enter in any town. because zombies sprinters kicking you out of there. 
I understand that have some players who think the fun is in the zombies, but for the vast majority of us, the real fun is in the fear of be found from other players. 
To show this, just look at the mod and see how few servers were PvE and how many were PvP.
Now, I gonna wait and hope for the next update correct the speed of the zombies. 
Because I think the most players prefer extremely strong zombies that kill you in two hits but are slow and easy to run away, of sprinters zombies who kick you out of any city and decrease the chances of finding other players.

:emptycan:

AKA, I disagree. I'd rather have somewhat challenging zombies. Also, don't be so quick to think you're in the majority. It is a zombie game, you know.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 8

:emptycan:

AKA, I disagree. I'd rather have somewhat challenging zombies.

I agree solodude23.. It is a zombie survival game after all. plus when throwing physics gets added you can throw stones towards you enemies to get the zombies after them. mwahahahaha.

• Like 1

Hate to tell you that the Z in DayZ actually stands for zombie....

• Like 3

Hate to tell you that the Z in DayZ actually stands for zombie....

I've heard the Z in dayZ stands for Zero  ..  Day Zero ...like the first day of the apocalypse.

I've heard the Z in dayZ stands for Zero  ..  Day Zero ...like the first day of the apocalypse.

nope it stands for zatch

I'm not saying I hate zombies, I'm just saying I hate sprinter crazy zombies that run faster then you and don't let you do nothing in the game.

If I want to see crazy and fast zombies I play Left 4 Dead.

I think the game is not about running away from zombies, is about interact with another players, and survival is a dificult task for everyone.

Me and others friends always said, the zombie need to be slower but very harder.

You know, zombies only die from a bullet on the head.

In any zombie movie, one bite and you are dead, but zombies are very slow and stupid, so you need to think what you gonna do, where you gonna go, and when you gonna do, before exit a "safehouse".

In my point of view, the player need to enter in a city with fear, but not fear of a zombi see him and need to runaway from the city because that zombie will persuit him for 2 km. 

But fear of been hit from a zombie and mostly, fear of others players know where he is, because some bunch of zombie are WALKING in to his position.

Ok, I know, I'm only a player, but just try to remember last year when some update change the zombie speed. I don't know if you have the numbers, but a lot of players stop to play the original dayz mod and start to play epoch and others mods.

Edited by hams
  • Like 2

Has anyone else noticed that meanwhile you have the Fire Axe in your hands you can sprint faster?

Edited by raynor009

Zombies are so fast... is ridiculous... DayZ SA is worse than DayZ Mod =/

For me Zombie is a dead body, him is incapacitated to do some actions like run, jump. They are retarded, don't have intelligence and strength to run...

Edited by frikazoide

They kind of grow on ya,I am not having as hard of time with them now it has been a few days with the new Zeds.I can sneak around them,axe them and outrun them as well as blast them with an SKS or pistol while running from them.There spawn rate doesn't seem to bad anymore and they do not spawn endlessly as every town I have axed and shot them all until gone.

Since the patch fixed the lag/desync issue I am finding the new Zombies entertaining,they do have super high powered sight though

Keep up the good work,the patch was chock full of good surprises and the quick help with the hotfix got my game back on track and I am loving the new Zeds

With how they tune into gunshots ,it definately no doubt will start making some to having to "think before they shoot"

Which is welecomed and a step in the right direction mking Zeds a danger to all including the trigger happy :)

• Like 3

For me Zombie is a dead body, him is incapacitated to do some actions like run, jump. They are retarded, don't have intelligence and strength to run...

You can't do this with a small number of Zeds in the city.

If we get a horde of Zeds, i think the AI of zeds will be different

Btw, i was playing and i noticed if you zoom the camera to a zombie, he automatic comes to you.

Its like he noticed you just because you do zoom on your camera.
Edited by Borracho dos Pampas

It was close like this in mod too, so you must run around the Z horde collect all together and lead them to the woods, come back to town and and loot. 

• Like 3

So I pretty much caught up on this thread (Alot of pages to look over) and out of everything (Not relighting that fight), there was the argument over if the NPC's/AI are zombies or infected. Then that really got my my mind going. Are zombies and infected completely different entity's/creatures etc etc.? Why cant they be both as fevero mentioned? Maybe One is a subcategory of another? Now to the reason for the post. 

I personally thought infected were a sub-category of the Zombie mythos/idea. The general Idea that Zombies are a being stripped of it’s will, humanity, and normal behavior by outside forces either supernatural and mundane***. I went around to see if my Idea was even supported. 

The fine gentleman hoffa posted the definition from Webster Dictionary re-enforcing what he thought the definition is. hoffa if your still around was that a hard copy definition? If so is your copy updated? That seems to be the short version of the definition. Here is a link to the website for their full definition just a scroll down notch away with hoffas posted definition above : http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zombie. 

This caught my eye. "b :  a person markedly strange in appearance or behavior"

Wouldn't this describe infected? I mean undead are not people/person anymore, are they? But infected are. Just sick people that are "markedly" strange in appearance or behavior.

How about this wikipedia entry? (HAHAH i know we can't trust everything on there but food for thought)

"The turn of the millennium coincided with a decade of box office successes in which the zombie sub-genre experienced a resurgence: the Resident Evil movies (2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2012); the Dawn of the Dead remake (2004),[1] the British films 28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later (2002, 2007)[16][17] and the comedy/homage Shaun of the Dead (2004). The new interest allowed Romero to create the fourth entry in his zombie series: Land of the Dead, released in the summer of 2005. Romero returned to the series with the films Diary of the Dead (2008) and Survival of the Dead(2010).[1]

Generally the zombies in these situations are the slow, lumbering and unintelligent kind first made popular in Night of the Living Dead.[18] Motion pictures created within the 2000s, however, like the Dawn of the Dead remake, and House of the Dead,[19] have featured zombies that are more agile, vicious, intelligent, and stronger than the traditional zombie.[20] Some are not cannibals craving "brains", but instead behave as "vectors" in spreading the infection to the non-infected, (as in Helix and World War Z). In many cases, these fast-moving zombies are depicted as living humans infected with a genetic-mutating and/or mind-altering pathogen (as in 28 Days LaterZombieland and Left 4 Dead) as a result of an epidemic or biological agent, instead of being supernatural "undead" or "re-animated" corpses."

There are little shreds of this all over the internet, books and other references but the one source I read sums up how I feel about zombies/infected and is attempting to define what a zombie is and what causes them. Also points out that George Romero did not create the idea of zombies, he brought them into popular culture. Essentially they don't have to be slow and eat flesh to be a zombie. Heres that site - http://www.thezombienation.com/zombies-defined/

I am just being open minded about all this and hope that this might help people do a little digging of themselves and decide for themselves.

TL,DR Ask your self are zombies and infected completely different entity's/creatures etc etc.? Why cant they be both the same thing? Maybe One is a subcategory of another? My opinion is zombies are beings stripped of it’s will, humanity, and normal behavior by outside forces either supernatural and mundane***

Quick reference links for what I have here:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/zombie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_(fictional)

http://www.thezombienation.com/zombies-defined/

***Quoted from http://www.thezombienation.com/zombies-defined/. I couldn't think clearly at the time to describe the whole point of this being its 630AM and I am half awake..

PS. I can't wait till Zombies are able to not go through walls. Besides that, love what you guys did with the patch, keep up the great work. 

If you watch Rocket's MO-CAP vids, he is actually watching 28 days later for all his inspirations in dayz. He wanted to go down the infected "Living humans" route, hence you can take them down without heads shots and they can run. Romero in one of his longest interviews from the specials edition of "Dawn of the dead" spoke about how he felt, true dead people "zombies" should never be able to run and require the head or brain to be taken out. IAM with both of these ideas. I think dayz is perfectly suited for the infected as it stands. although I have always thought about adding slow zombies, but many more of them, into a mod.

• Like 2

Can anyone confirm a weapon torch attach to an M4 is not working? I have already lodge a bug report.

Love the amount zombies and new loot. But are the zombies bugged ?. If you kill one they start to spawn around you even when not in a city. Had a incounter with a few friends where running out of a city we got a zombie runner after as. Killing it made 1 more appear near a forest. Also one guy we were meeting had problems in the forest with random zombies appearing. Also the zoom option gets them to go crazy miles away. If the colision would work the ammount of zombies that the patch added would be realy good and challenging but at the moment you get raped by zombies running trough houses, fences and walls.

Also as most have pointed out ...... feels like most of the zombies run like Usain Bolt :D

• Like 1

I see here a lot of skilled arrogant players, they blame the others for whine. I am sure that many of us can beat 4-5 zombies with the fists and use at most one bandage. I think we are missing the point. It's not about the skill. Right now the zombies CAN be handled, but many here are saying about the experience you have. Zombies coming from walls, appearing next to you. Add as many zombies as you want, make them very aggresive. But recent changes make the game look more bugy. Anyway, we are free to state our opinion. Bohemia makes decisions.

• Like 1

sooo steam is down :-(

EDIT: Back now

Edited by ministelis

I agree solodude23.. It is a zombie survival game after all. plus when throwing physics gets added you can throw stones towards you enemies to get the zombies after them. mwahahahaha.

There should be option to trow raw meat or blood bags at players, that would make zombies crazy and extra aggresive...

There are scripts in dayz mod to craft zombie bates and exploding zombie bates (meat + granade), I didnt try them all but it sounds better than KoS. There was also zombie emiter on Namalsk mod, emiter killed zombies in cicrle of 10 meters around it. 

go and watch 28 dayz/weeks later than come back....  :facepalm:

• Like 2

Anyway, even if I want the Zs to be more dangerous, I partially agree with those complaining this time.

They should be dangerous because of their numbers, because they can pin you down in a building, they can hurt you bad, etc.

Clearly the above is not possible atm, but I don't think that they should be faster than a normal human beeing (whatever you think they are, dead or infected) and I actually don't find it fun to run (because you can't take them out silently and sneak around) and bandage/do whatever on those high places where you know thay can't go up because they are not able to do so yet, I find it quite sad.

Talking about city life, clearly.

In the wilderness the tragedy is that if you take out one, the current respawn mechanic gives you at least 5 minutes of zeds popping out everywhere around you...and they almost always see you :/

Maybe they will demostrate that faster zeds are a good idea...I don't think so but it could be. Anyway, I think (hey, it's an user opinion, don't start attacking and crying) they should have waited to fix other zeds mechanics, in order to create a better environment to test these new animations.

Edited by Gugolas
  • Like 5

I love the current zombie mechanics ( minus the clipping - but they're constantly working on that, so that'll be fixed ).

As a new spawn, just outside Solnichny ( or however its spelled ), I managed to run into the woods, without being seen. I found a hoe in a barn somewhere, and a can of spite. It takes about 4 or 5 hits to take a zombie out, and if you keep moving/strafing, taking out 5+ zombies would be no issue. You dont have zombies respawning, if you dont shoot, and you wont have that many chasing you either. I managed to stay alive until now, with no gun equipped at all, for 4 or 5 hours. Going from town to town, staying low, see which way zombies are looking and flank around them to hit them in the back. I have no problems, what so ever, looting complete towns, without even using a bandage...

I dont see what all the fuss is about.. Yes, zombies are faster, at least I dont have to wait that long for them to come to me, so I can bash their heads in :)

Anyone else finding zombies just standing still,  completely unaware as you sneak up and axe them in the head?  I am not seeing many roamers anymore, just loafers.

Or am i just a master ninja?

• Like 1

talking about zeds...zeds being fast or sometimes faster as the player is just on aspect which will be equalized as soon as we are able to sneak and hide and get a proper zombie respawn system. Running around 3 corners and hide inside a building or behind a wall etc should do the trick but simply does not work atm Same goes for crawling which worked pretty nice in the mod... the respawn system is just a placeholder to test performance and stuff :-)...so no need to worry

There should be option to trow raw meat or blood bags at players, that would make zombies crazy and extra aggresive...

There are scripts in dayz mod to craft zombie bates and exploding zombie bates (meat + granade), I didnt try them all but it sounds better than KoS. There was also zombie emiter on Namalsk mod, emiter killed zombies in cicrle of 10 meters around it. 

we should be able to smear zombie guts on us too and pretend we are one. then we can move through them for a short while. like TWD