Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Rolling Update Rev - 0.43.116251

You must raise your weapon to attack zombies now: using the space bar. Previously you didn't have to.

Yes, It just make the game more clunky, I hope they revert it.

On the positive side, you can now run fast with a weapon in your hands.

On the positive side, you can now run fast with a weapon in your hands.

I personally like the new axe mechanics, I think it looks nice an menacing when you raise it in your hands, and the swing is just something else to learn you just need to understand the contact point, as for the patch itself yea its brought things and yes its broke things, but at the end of the day we all paid half price for this game on alpha an I have easily had £20 of fun out it.

Not liking it as it is today then be patient play another game watch a movie maybe just rub one out. It can only get better

• Like 1

"We're working very hard on a hotfix for the lag and desync issues being experienced by many. Lots of testing on experimental "

https://twitter.com/Rocket2guns/statuses/446654206142062592

Again, at least they are letting us know that they are working hard to fix the current big issues that most people are experiencing. 

Yeah, I just logged onto the forums to see how many reports of the lag issue and if/when a hot fix will be delivered.. But on the BRIGHTER side of things while we wait... I REALLY LOVE THE GAS LAMPSS!! GREAT WORK ON THEM! they are a tad bit bright maybe a little more then whats realisticaly feasable, but they are beautiful, I have been waiting for them to work since the alpha was released, GOOD JOB! Also I love the Silenced Pistol! AGAIN AWESOME JOB! You can still make ruined bullets pristine though by splitting them and cloths within cloths within cloths... (I dunno but woulnt stopping this inter stacking of items help with some of the server lag of players loading another players items when they are grossly extended?) 

3 MOST important things from a players perspective now is-

Light shining through the walls into adjacent room/area

Zombies, Items, and players clipping through walls/textures/meshes

Zombies SHOULD NOT spawn in any players SIGHT RADIUS (throws the realism right out the window)

(Side note)

Might consider something installed about the wind and its ballistic effects on trajectories &

There is something really wrong with the ability to "sence" the incomming sound of disscharging firearms, (Doppler effect not incorperated) or something it really needs some extra attention.

BUT AGIAN, Good luck with the server lag issue (crosses fingures soon will be a hot fix) and agaIn

AWESOME JOB ON THE .22 WEAPONS!!

---AND---

AWESOME JOB ON THE GAS LAMPS!!

I have been trying to play today and i am getting all those problems, lag, desync, invisible zombies, session lost, please wait screen forever not getting into servers, the game is completely broken for me!!!

I dont know if its because of the fact that it is the same character that i have had since before the update, but i am reluctant to kill myself as i don't want to lose all my gear until someone confirms that this is defo the problem!!

That's odd as I am playing a VERY old character from stable (I've been playing experimental exclusively for the last month or so) and all worked great. Last night, my friend (who made the unfortunate decision to purchase and download the game yesterday! LOL) logged on for the first time ever and was getting a whopping 6 FPS in Elektro (I was in the mid 20s at least). He'd move and then rubber band back a hundred feet, I'd move and vanish to him, zombies would come and nail us with phantom hits that would finally connect and cause damage 40 seconds later. It was excruciating. This morning, we logged on again, and he said it was like an entirely different game for him. He was still getting lowish FPS according to FRAPS (in the high teens in city, and 30s in the wild, but that's due to the limits of his MSI All-in-One PC he stubbornly insisted on purchasing), but, to him, it felt very smooth, and he was really happy. We went up to meet my other friend who was at NWAF and it was running great for him, as well. He couldn't even get into a single game last night as the session lost thing kept kicking him back to the server screen.

Yesterday night I run into all the issues already known and described above, making for a particular hectic gameplay which I found rather humorous overall :D .

I have noticed something which was quite annoying though, that is that my walking speed seemed greatly reduced at the point of feeling frustrating to walk while looting (especially in the new jail in Krasnostav with all the stairs and small rooms). I wouldn't mind some adjustment to walking speed though, the speed before the update was a bit too fast for my taste.

I have not changed any setting from before the update, and running speed felt much the same as before; anybody else have noticed the same change, or could it have been an issue related to my client or my character having been wounded before?

I can only find two servers on experimental and neither of them is hardcore.

it's used by military in covert ops missions to effectively fight *drumrolll* hunger.

Hmm... personally I would of just asked for K-Rations or some kind of MRE again, but Tactical Bacon works, wonder if we will get kudo's for saving someone's "Tactical Bacon" in a pinch :lol:

Ran into an issue with the Sawed Off recenly using the Reload Mod, where I swap the ammo type and suddenly its loaded but acts like its empty... after I removed the shells and manually loaded the shotgun it worked fine, but only seems to have this problem with pellets...

At the moment, I've found it is nice and playable HC/Regular with 5 or below people in the server, in about 8/10 servers though because some still wig out.

5 or below people is boring as shit though.

Hopefully they do away with the cartoony wooshing noise for the axe/melee. or at least make it a lot less noticeable.

love the new SKS sound also

but I must say, with the stable being so messed up right now, I still really don't understand the purpose of having both an exp. and a stable.

Ran into an issue with the Sawed Off recenly using the Reload Mod, where I swap the ammo type and suddenly its loaded but acts like its empty... after I removed the shells and manually loaded the shotgun it worked fine, but only seems to have this problem with pellets...

Same happens after login with weapons chambered before logout, or at least is seems to.

Anyone fixed the "my arm/leg is in pain"? I used painkillers on 2 different characters, but the message didn't ho away, even after logout/login.

I have not had a chance to play since 42.xxx was pushed to stable, but I have many hours with build on experimental over the past 3 weeks and had no issues hitting/killing zeds.  Lag/desync is the likely culprit if you're having problems at the moment.  It sounds like it's a rampant problem they are working to hotfix.

you are probably right.

• cannot collect berries from bushes. I'm a noob maybe. Tested with various bushes. I was not even able to reveal the option for it.

No action menu text actually pops up when you go up to a bush. You must learn the bushes and remember which ones are which :) In order to pick the berries, just spam your action key when you are facing the bush.

Here's a pic of one of the "good berry" bushes. 

http://i.imgur.com/GWbUx4V.jpg

Same happens after login with weapons chambered before logout, or at least is seems to.

Anyone fixed the "my arm/leg is in pain"? I used painkillers on 2 different characters, but the message didn't ho away, even after logout/login.

Pretty sure painkillers don't fix a broken limb. (Someone correct me if I am wrong). To my knowledge, the only fixes for that are morphine or a splint crafted from a stick and rags.

Edited by solodude23

Thanks, the new added stuff is awesome!

Really looking forward to the ak, vehicles and physics :)

Do you have any old gear from a prev patch on hardcore?

Hmmm... the hardcore character is a .35 character I think. So, not from any patches before that. I think I'd joined hardcore servers unknowingly when I first started playing, and would always see my character at the beach, would freak out, LOG out and then log back into a regular server where my character would have all the stuff. I didn't actually start PLAYING that hardcore character until shortly after .35 was applied. So, I hope that answers your question?

WTH removed force feed disinfectant and alcohol tincture? I haven't done that to anyone and I haven't been force fed even once. I don't like those mechanics. STILL I don't want them to be removed, because it is perfectly possible to force feed toxic stuff to someone in real life. That removal feels like they are listening the forum crybabies and watering down the 'DayZ Experience'. What next? Friendly fire off, if you are in a same team? Hovering direction pointer above your head to show where to go?

Anyway, great update. Tactical bacon!

Edit: I should have read more before posting...

Edited by Al Bobo

WTH removed force feed disinfectant and alcohol tincture? I haven't done that to anyone and I haven't been force fed even once. I don't like those mechanics. STILL I don't want them to be removed, because it is perfectly possible to force feed toxic stuff to someone in real life. That removal feels like they are listening the forum crybabies and watering down the 'DayZ Experience'. What next? Friendly fire off, if you are in a same team? Hovering direction pointer above your head to show where to go?

A little further digging would have shown you a thread by a developer that stated there's now a "Force Drink" option... a little reading might help prevent posts like these...

...Anyway, you guys who are sad to see the "Force Feed" option for disinfectant spray be removed, what if I told you that there is the "Force Drink" option?   ^_^ 

Edited by solodude23

A little further digging would have shown you a thread by a developer that stated there's now a "Force Drink" option... a little reading might help prevent posts like these...

Considering most people would still probably just read the changelog and assume that's all they need to know (Which is fair enough, I guess), it'd be better if that line could have the force drink change added to the opening post.

• Like 2

That's an indication your leg/arm is broken... painkillers still serve no purpose in the game. Morphine or Splint...

• Like 1

Would be cool that you're able to create a band to put around your arm (made out of ripped clothes) with a special color so you can see who your team mates are and who's not

• Like 2

Considering most people would still probably just read the changelog and assume that's all they need to know (Which is fair enough, I guess), it'd be better if that line could have the force drink change added to the opening post.

Yep... no information is almost misinformation and can cause unnecessary responses on this forum. Seems there's a major lack of attention to detail with the developers at this point and honestly, makes this all seem very unprofessional. While I can appreciate their snarky responses, and even understand their use of twittereddit, I don't understand why it is so hard to post accurate and relevant information on the forum in a single thread.

It really just causes unnecessary posts.

• Like 3