aBBbullet

things are looking good

Thanks for posting the link.

A workaround we have implemented is that when desynchronization occurs between client and server, now the server will enforce the players new location by ignoring the clients reported position and teleporting the player to it’s position.

Oh my. I see it coming....tears of rage streaming down this forum...."ERMEHGERD TELAPOADIN!"

Oh my. I see it coming....tears of rage streaming down this forum...."ERMEHGERD TELAPOADIN!"

Yeah but it will be a change from what they are currently bitching about.  Those fire's look sweet and the covered fireplace muhahaha ninja fire!!

• Like 2

Indeed, they look very nice...excited to see them animated.

And I'm also excited for

Continued work on our physics engine means that not only is throwing now nearly complete (it is now functional at a basic level), but it also means that ragdoll is very close to being a reality in experimental branch

and

Persistent Loot and objects

This was close to being implemented fully when we discovered some issues with the central server architecture that would becoming more serious for performance if we went live with it. These are being solved now and we expect to be trying some of those performance optimizations on the central server this Wednesday.

:)

What is next for the future?

Once the current build is stabilized we want to finish up on our “survival” push for the month. This means hunting and cooking finished and process on our “survival combat” which involves the bow and arrow, crossbow, improvised weapons, and thrown items. In the more distant future we’re already planning for vehicles and barricading systems.

This has got me pretty excited something to do after looting, anyone down for a hunting trip, I'm thinking black forest?

• Like 1

Very nice. All we need as a community is some patience and trust. In time this game will be amazing. And hopefully alot more optimized, so that it will have stable performance in all map areas. Good work is being done by the devs and I can't wait to test all this new features.

• Like 2

"also means that ragdoll is very close to being a reality in experimental branch"

Yeeeeeee.

Man I can not wait for this. Hm... Fire and hunting / cross bow but no animals? Oh well.

• Like 1

Man I can not wait for this. Hm... Fire and hunting / cross bow but no animals? Oh well.

test weapons on players, cook their tears over the fire. When working right implement animals :d

Yeah but it will be a change from what they are currently bitching about.  Those fire's look sweet and the covered fireplace muhahaha ninja fire!!

The latest ridiculous bitching I've seen is that stone might be required to make fires and how awful/unrealistic that would be...lolllll

The latest ridiculous bitching I've seen is that stone might be required to make fires and how awful/unrealistic that would be...lolllll

City Folk

city-slickers-Curly-Jack-Palance-Billy-C

Edited by Window Licker

you are always gonna have people bitching im afraid , even though we are still only 3 months into development , do agree the physics engine looks awesome they are using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=143k1fqPukk

think the main problem is they are not progressing as fast as they should with core stuff.

for eg look in that link the op posted

mainly art stuff again. also those fireplaces from = RUST.

when core features and work rate is upped people will lighten off. reskinning items and making numerous similar small items just makes them look like they arnt doing their job well. yes i understand people dont do one job but modders are knocking out some big stuff with only a few people and the dayz team is quite big now. so no excuses.

i think Dayz will end up shadowed if it continues by mods like Breaking point and 2017.

What are you talking about? Cooking, hunting, physics... Does this seem like a cosmetic change? Oh and also improwed network performace, collision and phatway changes for zombies. Again, what is not core about that?

think the main problem is they are not progressing as fast as they should with core stuff.

for eg look in that link the op posted

mainly art stuff again. also those fireplaces from = RUST.

when core features and work rate is upped people will lighten off. reskinning items and making numerous similar small items just makes them look like they arnt doing their job well. yes i understand people dont do one job but modders are knocking out some big stuff with only a few people and the dayz team is quite big now. so no excuses.

i think Dayz will end up shadowed if it continues by mods like Breaking point and 2017.

The difference between modders and the DayZ staff is the DayZ staff are doing a job. They have bosses, reports, and they have to manage people while also working while delegating tasks.

My friend made a few mods back in college, but he also worked on them non stop. Like, 18 hours a day with a few of his other programming friends.

You can actually bang out a LOT with a small group of guys because you know everything being put in, how it works and you don't have anyone breathing down your neck to add this, take out that.

Long pig FTW.

Long pig FTW.

So long as I don't get spongy brain disease.

The difference between modders and the DayZ staff is ...

modders are given a fully functional game, and an API to work with. The staff on the other hand, has to make and perfect each. 

• Like 1

also those fireplaces from = RUST.

Eh man c'mon. Are you really suggesting that they are copying stuff from Rust? Or that every other game with fireplace somehows owes this to Rust?

Anyway if you are obsessed with Rust just go and play it, don't waste your time on forums of Dayz SA!