Sign in to follow this  
joegrizzly69

Amount of loot

plz improve the amount of loot i only found one gun ever and i have played a fair amount of hours and i mostly find only cloths and i cant handle that it needs more excite in the game it this point it gets very annoying that i cant find anything keep the good work up and hope your game thrives for longer plz fix/improve

are you on exp or stable.exp always has a scarcity of loot. but stable you can find weapons everywhere. try the piano houses(white 2 story),the office/school,the tec bulding,any airfield/mil base,and here or there. goodluck

Indeed, you can find weapons easily once you know where to look. :)

if you are playing on high populated server you will not find anything

and i think there too much loot like you can find mosin for elekctros schools roof and thats it you got game only sniper and you just need scope to it and now you can snipe people. too easy i think

if you are playing on high populated server you will not find anything

The map has more than Elektro, you know. Always get fully geared up on a full server without a problem. 

1. Find food.

2. Find well, drink until stuffed.

3. Eat food (2-3 cans) completely (while stuffed) ----> Energized + healing (Healthy) = won't be hungry for a while.

4. Run north, keep looking for food, bag, etc.

5. Reach and loot both Sobor towns. 

6. You should by this time have food, a pistol/mosin/sks, clothing and a decent bag. Sobor looted to maximum? (Highly doubt it, but if so, run to closeby towns/villages.

Can't be easier, stop giving people reason to jump on a 5/40 server to gear up.

Edited by Danlow
  • Like 1

The map has more than Elektro, you know. Always get fully geared up on a full server without a problem. 

1. Find food.

2. Find well, drink until stuffed.

3. Eat food (2-3 cans) completely (while stuffed) ----> Energized + healing (Healthy) = won't be hungry for a while.

4. Run north, keep looking for food, bag, etc.

5. Reach and loot both Sobor towns. 

6. You should by this time have food, a pistol/mosin/sks, clothing and a decent bag. Sobor looted to maximum? (Highly doubt it, but if so, run to closeby towns/villages.

Can't be easier, stop giving people reason to jump on a 5/40 server to gear up.

Yes I think they need a throw spaghetti button, but then it would be like reddit with trollish downvoting.

As said above it's not an issue when you know where to look, on a life before I found a gun before I found food it's just a matter of practice/experience.

Here's a tip, Don't use DayzDB for a loot map.  Check every building all the time until you are 100% sure that a building doesn't spawn loot.  Lately I've been seeing a tread where a building with say 5 spawn points, will only spawn in 2 of those at random so have a really good look around and again check building's untill you have a solid idea about what spawns in them.

Have played 55 hours so far, can find a gun within 30mins of spawning, if anything they are too easy to find I think... Currently have a 9 hour old character with a mosin and prestin scope, only been anti-sniping, 

Finding weapons isn't difficult, just got to hit the right buildings, this is more of a foraging game then a survival game at the moment, dont think zombies have killed me once, mostly broken legs and no twigs to make a splint. 

Please decrease the amount of loot drastically, especially the weapons and food. It's so intense if you're starving and can't find food and beg and pray that in the next building you find at least an old can of tuna. And guns should be so rare that you're fucking happy and stunned if you find one. And they should be in a horrible condition, so you have to repair it first and find the necessary parts.

I would love DayZ like this. About rough survival, only very few weapons. Ultra dangerous zombies and a constant danger.

Please decrease the amount of loot drastically, especially the weapons and food. It's so intense if you're starving and can't find food and beg and pray that in the next building you find at least an old can of tuna. And guns should be so rare that you're fucking happy and stunned if you find one. And they should be in a horrible condition, so you have to repair it first and find the necessary parts.

I would love DayZ like this. About rough survival, only very few weapons. Ultra dangerous zombies and a constant danger.

I wouldn't say drastically, but it does need a nerf starting out is pretty simple and as stated the feeling of panic as you run trying to be careful at the same time knowing if you don't find something soon your boned, there's infected about and you might end up in a fight with them, there might be snipers or armed players about but you don't have much time you need food now.  Had to beat 3 zombies to death with my bare hands once to get some food, your out of trouble right now, but you have to plan your next move. It's fun love it.

You just need to know where to look, it takes some time to learn but airfields and military bases are the best, and pianobuildings. Never takes me very long to get a weapon. The amount of weapons in the game is fine.

Edited by Bigbadasswolf

I agree that a military base should have alot of weapons but all dependant on the time frame.... if its been 3 years since the out break then they would have been raided to buggery.... but if it were 3 days then the military would still man the base.... think realistically there might be some left, but I know for a fact if I were in the military I wouldn't be going anywhere without going to the base armoury and clearing out as much as my car could carry... and with X number of infantry/personnel on a base... well I think military bases would be stripped within 2/4 weeks of Day Z.

You would then have more likelihood of finding firearms at local firearms clubs/police stations/national reservists centres/and ranges... 

I love running around with the security of a Mosin, but it does take away from the survival element, can usually have 200+ 7.62 rounds pretty immediately, and as a result the game is an FPS with some dumb NPC's.