Irish.

What is your Dayz experience level as far as time goes?

Your Dayz experience level?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. How long have you played Dayz?

• I just started playing the Dayz standalone, and have not played it before.
    • Ive played the standalone since it came out, day 1. But did not play the mods.
    • I've played the mods before the standalone came out, and play the standalone now.
    • I played Arma before Dayz ever even came out... then the mod, then standalone. I've played it all.

Rofl! so true! One moment I was relaxing on a roof, talking about the "5 second rule" and the next crawling to my death down the ladder.. :)

If you died by crawling down and somebody axed you in the ladder, I might have been the one who killed you.

Exactly! Its the only game I can play that literally gets my heart pumping.. any other game it takes a rage induced quit before Im anywhere near getting my adrenaline going. Also very few games out there have made me laugh so hard.

I swear, this game is either laughing or crying.. with silence in between

. ABSOBLOODYLUTELY. YOU NAILED IT MATE. Edited by PYEWACKET

If you died by crawling down and somebody axed you in the ladder, I might have been the one who killed you.

LMAO ! I have found you! Murderer! :) No quantity of pristine beans can amend my broken heart.

Been playing BIS games since OFP but then i am rather old compared to your usual gamer (41) its been a long enjoyable ride and i still love my arma but i am glad they are moving the gamee to a more survival feel than a large map death match with super soliders and zeds running around in the back ground....

Although there are a few things i wished they had kept from arma namely sway rather than dispersion for guns ( much better way to balance a weapon in said average joes hands as it simulates him/her not being skilled at aiming because once they aim right the bullet should hit at what there aiming ( dependant on range and zeroing ofcourse. The proper use of focus/zoom both full focus in and out when aiming as i find it a pain that when in a building i have focus/zoom in cutting my peripheral for checking corners.

Lastly i feel the pain of having now spent more than 400 hours of arma 3 ( with mods to use modern rather than future weapons lol) of not having the incremntal stances i mean it feels so restricted to return to the simple stand crouch prone system i so miss being able to adjust my stance .....

played it all since arma II, but right now ive returned to the mod..

havent picked up SA in 2 months or so.. its simply to hollow..

to be frank i dont really have to much faith in SA with BI/Rocket... perhaps once it hits the mod community then it will take off. but until then i just dont see myself ever playing ALOT of SA like o do with the mod.

im not at all interested in playing a shit/poison forcefeed sim..

played it all since arma II, but right now ive returned to the mod..

havent picked up SA in 2 months or so.. its simply to hollow..

to be frank i dont really have to much faith in SA with BI/Rocket... perhaps once it hits the mod community then it will take off. but until then i just dont see myself ever playing ALOT of SA like o do with the mod.

im not at all interested in playing a shit/poison forcefeed sim..

Its good to hear a different side :)

I've played the mod (Vanilla, not other mods like Epoch) extensively before the standalone came out, and now I play the standalone.  

Interesting that its roughly split into thirds.. those that have played forever, those that played the mods, and those that are new to Dayz, as of the SA release.

Very interesting :)

I started when I first saw PewDiePie's first video about DayZ. Even though I DO hate PewDiePie, at the time, I thought he was awesome and that game looked so realistic. I got a new rig and bought the game and the mod in june-august-ish. I kept playing the mod, then the sub mods, and now, I play the SA. I do not regret putting 100+ hours in DayZ, as I have met some awesome people and I had a lot of fun.

PS: Still havin' fun :D

Operation Flashpoint leet crew reporting in!

By the time you see the flash...it's too late.

I always enjoyed the quotes that would come up as you waited to load the game...my fav, "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

• Like 1

Arma II caught my eye, and i jumped into the millsim communities and had a blast :)
Did the same with Arma III when it came out, even more in fact, got over 700 hours in Arma III so far and loving it.

I did buy DayZ, shortly after it came out (SA), but ive only fired it up a couple of times as i dont wanna make the same mistake i did with the mod, which was play it to much in the beginning and get bored and never really get back into it.

I hosted a private server in the mod, one of the first actually, we where quite big, called Pl@net DayZ.

Its still one of the most viewed private hive threads, in the forum section actually, quite funny :)

Eventually i got feed up with it and split from the community, went over to Arma III.

So now im here, again, waiting, again :)

DayZ has had its ups and downs, but i will never walk away from it, i love it to much.

Edited by Byrgesen