Huchu

Spawn by friends

I think, a probem of the game is, that when u want to play with frends, you need to long to find them. it would be nice, when everyone have a key, and when you spawn, that you can write the key somewhere when u want to spawn, and then, you spawn by a friend. so you can start playing with friend instant, and you dont must search each other. but it should be just for spawning, not a person wich is full eq and want to port a little bit trough the map.

when you can spawn by friend, there arent then the two boring hours where you just run..

this would be very nice, and i think, it isnt so difficult to do this.

please excuse my bad english.

Mfg Huchu

Your English is fine.

I get your point but at the moment, besides looting/exploring or KOSing, there isn't all that much to do. Consider finding your friends a challenge--it will give your play a focus. And think of the satisfaction when you've lived long enough to actually find each other. :)

Hey Dude,Don't Take this the wrong way, but DayZ Is meant to be a challenge

Maybe in server mods you could do this but not the vanilla game,

You see DayZ is about Survival (You know this).

But if you want to meet up with your friends You need to find them (The Challenge),

But if you just enter a key And just spawn beside them isn't a good idea because people could just be posting on the forum, "Guys Spawn at this Key *Key here* To get to the balota airstrip, I love the idea of a key but I dont like the idea of spawning on someone, -ApeX

The more you play the better you will be at locating your friends.  Use the time for learning more about the map.  I know it would be convenient to spawn near friends, but it is just not realistic for this game.

OP, if you haven't yet done this, you might want to get Team Speak. That way you can communicate with your pals and organize a meeting point.

This is something that the devs are considering.

Currently having to find each other should be considered part of the game though, it's still undecided as to whether group spawning is something that they want to add.

Would be nice if you could be spawned with your mate.
You always spawn in some rural area, right? So make the spawn points there so you can't spawn inside the airbase or whatever. You can then send a "teleport" request to your mate (which he has to accept, otherwise you can just send requests to anybody to kill them) and the server will see where is the nearest spawn point near your friend. That's where you'll be spawned.

Would that be an idea? If your mate already wandered off you'll still have to find him, but at least you'll be somewhat close-by. Or your friend is just waiting for you at the spawn point where he spawned and you can join up together immediately.

I think I would prefer the option of choosing a spawn area rather than having the option to spawn on a friend as the OP suggests.

Currently, we all spawn by the coast so if there were, say, 8 or so spawn areas. Each area would be a general area of ~150m2 and you would spawn randomly in this area as opposed to specific spawn points. So you could co-ordinate with your friends that you're going to spawn in Berezino, Kamyshovo, etc. This saves time in finding your friends and gives a bit of convenience to players.

• Like 1

Regrouping isn't that big of a deal and i think this would just be abused in a humorous way. Imagine group of 5 or more teammates 

always spawning together and all rush to Elektro to overwhelm fighting bandits and steal their equipment and if they fail. 

They simply respawn together again and do it all over.

• Like 2

i say no, i don´t like this idea.

I like the idea of spawning together with your mates. I think it's more realistic then tell your friend your location over teamspeak or whatever and then walk to each other. Many people will be together when the outbreak starts. If you're not together it should be impossible to find your partner.

For choosing your spawn location, I dislike this idea. Random spawn is much more fun and intense. I would even like more random spawns all around the map, not only at coast.

Way to easy i would like it (maybe only on Hardcore Server) that you spawn all over the map so meeting with friend gets extremly hard. Because i think in DayZ you should not just play with your frinds, you should meet random guys and play with them thats an completly other experience.

Terrible idea, finding your mates drives movement and movement drives interaction with other players either by shooting at them or in other ways. You want people to be moving around in a game like dayz. Also if you get shot close to your friends you can just respawn by your friends and pick your gear up instantly which removes the whole running around and looting aspect of the game and you'd have endless gunfights where guys just respawn all the time. If this respawn idea was implemented they would have to introduce a bunch of measures to counteract this which is a waste of time cause it's a terrible idea to begin with. Also I think dying should be a pain in the ass and hurt badly that's part of the reason my heartrate goes up so much when I'm in a gunfight because I know that it would be a pain in the ass to die. I see no  long term benefits at all with this idea.

Edited by Bigbadasswolf

As said above, mate-spawning would lead to many abuses like quick gear retrieving. Finding your friends is not that hard, no meter if you use teamspeak or steam or whatever. Just tell each other before you start playing that you meet at X and go there. What's the big problem? And no, spawning together is not realistic, because as spawning with nothing at the coast suggest, we are castaways.