Spinnyd223

Where are the updates? **crickets chirping**

Hats and clothes are more important, obviously. Oh...and Deans sudden opacity since his brain fart of a comment about Dayz being flawed. 

hmm, so any information other than you tell is misinformation?

Actually, what dean made was the best marketing decision in years, he made dozens of millions selling hype.

He chose the period when the hype reached its maximum and released a pre alpha, charging a full game's price on it, getting rid of the responsability of delivering a good experience for it.

he made a fortune from nothing.

And anyone knows that if someone gets paid before he does its job, he will do a shitty job, because he will lack motivation.

Now glue the pieces: The devs already got paid and have no pressure from the playerbase to develop fast, as people keep yelling "alpher" to anyone who points a bug.

what you have is what the game is now.

Show me proof that all development and care has ceased, as you claim. All I see are bug tweaks and content being added. The only thing that has slowed down is moving stuff from exp branch to stable.

Honestly, the level of whining and conspiracy is too much.

actually they profited more than 10 times that dude, they sold 1.4 million copies.

1,670,999 (at time of post) have been sold.

I don't quite understand why people are talking about "cooking pots" as if it was something despicable. I understand and accept that this kind of feature is not satisfying to anybody, but to me this is a GREAT improvement. The reason because I support this game is not pvp, weapons or vehicles, but the survival part of the game. Living in the woods, hunting animals, cooking, fishing, building shelter, learning navigation, carefully approaching people in the hope to find friends, crafting things from natural resources others may have not the time for, sharing, looking foward to the new sounds they add at some stage of the development process (sound is SO important!)...

And because Dayz is not developing as you wish in every single moment it doesn't mean its going down a bad path. Different people play Dayz for different reasons and I call improvements where you might call it a waste of time. When you people talking about cooking as if it was silly I feel personally offended because this is MY Dayz you are talking about.

Edited by jayleann
  • Like 3

Mods, close this topic.

For the idiots and cynics, here is some information for you about the update that you have been bickering about: http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/

Go play Experimental if you want stuff to do.

Hello there

We've decided to keep it open as it contains all the "opinion" in one thread.

Folk should be aware of the tumblr though.

Rgds

LoK

Im kind of disappointed in the pace of the games updates as well.

about dev size and quality you should look at warframe and 7 days to die....granted 7 days is way too expensive for it stage but they are impressive considering their team size, dayz was too, both should have been 15 not 30. anyway ya a game the scale of dayz should have more people working on it...but then theres the fact bohemia simply used the IP of dayz to give it self much needed profit so its mo big surprise they are trying to spend as little as possible with a game that sells itself with all the fanboys gushing to the internet. Its good business when the corporation gets the most they can for as little as possible which leads to the consumer being shafted so to say dayz is a scam is not far fetched

Hats and clothes are more important, obviously. Oh...and Deans sudden opacity since his brain fart of a comment about Dayz being flawed. 

Wow. 2500+ posts combined and that "brain farts" is all that's left? I gotta get out here before it hits me as well...

But ok, I try to be reasonable for one more time, and always remember, this are not MY opinions, this are just facts that were stated by the devs:

7 days to die uses the unity engine. Which is, within its limitations, great for developing a game fast and bringing new features in, if you know how to handle it. But once you reach it's limits, it is impossible to extend it.

But it is a powerful engine - if you want to respect its limits there are a lot of things that are possible with it: http://unity3d.com/showcase/gallery

But as you know (I'm sure), DayZs Engine is based on the ArmA 2.5 heli engine, but rebuilt nearly from scrap.Why? Because of said limitations (and well, I guess because BI didn't want to produce a game that uses another engine than its own) and to make it fit for DayZs needs.

The # of people working on DayZ....Afaik there are 50+ people working on DayZ, maybe more. So "trying to spend as little as possible" is not quite right, I think. Also, you just cant go to the programmermarket and buy a dozen programmers (Class A, skilled, cost more, work better) and lock them into a room and expect that your project is finished sooner and better than expected....

So let's assume they were honest and did not expect such a revenue: Announcing, searching, interviewing, hiring. Well all this happened by now, because as it was stated the team size has doubled. But still - this wont show any effects soon, just because it is ahrd to get into an existing project, understand how it works, and why things are made the way they are made....trust me on this, I'm a programmer and have suffered through this more times than I want to remember...

Victus: I hope you are trolling. Please tell me you are :/ Otherwise: read my signature. Carefully.

I agree with the OP! Its been 3 months now and we're still running around an empty map with hardly any zombies.

Look at Breaking Point (arma 3) mod. There is new updates for that almost every day. Theres about 3 guys making that in their spare time and they ain't getting paid. The mod has zombies everywhere and new maps coverted. Its truely a great mod and is further ahead than Standalone

Look at how many copies DAY Z Standalone sold. Over 100,000 or something. Times that by 20. 20 x 100,000= 2 million.

With that much money its obvious its not been fed back into the game. At least some of that money should spend hurrying up and employing more staff.

You are still a tool. Some days ago I explained you about the exact same topic (breaking point), why, from my point of view and the things I have read, you are wrong and why you are wrong. But well, saying DayZ sold 100.000 copies obviously is proof enough for the lack of reading ability....

I said it when the mod was around and before BIS decided to make it an SA that it needed a big investment. BIS made a shit load of money on Arma 2 sales - it was top of the steam list 5 years after it's release. How many people bought Arma 2 and have bought the SA already and given BIS millions in cash?

They should have realised the potential sooner and potentially should have made a new engine - one that suited the genre

Arma money: goes to bohemia. DayZ money: goes to bohemia. What bohemia does with that money? Bohemias thing, because it's their money now. the only thing that you can expect from them is to deliver a finished product - DayZ - because you bought an early access alpha. How good it is when it is finished, is another story. You - like everybody else - bought a game for 20€ and not the company, not Dean Halls life, not even his chair.

But yes, maybe another engine would have been better for DayZ. Maybe even ArmA3 - but waiting for the engine to be finsihed before the DayZ team could start working on it...well DayZ SA Alpha release in early 2015...

But DayZ belongs to BI, and it's pretty clear - to me - that they want that a game that is produced by them uses their engine (in that case: an engine that is derivated from theirs). I don't want to defend that decision, I just think it's clear why there was no discussion about it. And honestly, I thinkfor a huge open world sandbox survival simulator featuring Zombies, the Arma engine is not the worst one they could have used.

If you dont know, most of the sales occured on the first two weeks of release, 95% of the game breaking bugs werent showed on the let's play videos and people didnt expect that much trouble, as the mod never suffered of so much desync.

it just enforces my point, THE GAME'S IN A SHITTY STATE. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

I bought it on Day one. And I expected it in a much worse state. Well, expect for the desync, but hopefully *cross fingers* it will be gone when they change the severmessaging system.

Well, atually the game is in an Alpha state, as it has written all over it. And really that is an alpha, not a beta, where all core mechanics are in and working, but an alpha: the exe runs but clicking the wrong button at the wrong time will crash it, the performance is bad because optimization happens all the time (and in the last step again), and it will look strange sometimes....believe me, i had enough programs in alpha state ;) Big ones, small ones (no games :( ) and all of them were in their alphas...well...just bad. Ugly, slow and annoying in its dysfunctionality...so compared to that, DayZ is in a good state - for an alpha. For a finished product? Shitty state. For a beta? Very bad state. For an Alpha? Normal state, maybe even "good".

Again: I don't want to sound like a fanboy, I might just have a different point of view because I'm a programmer...(ah...if my special freinds reads this again and starts wondering that I say that I work as a programmer: I'm a senior developer for C#/VB; nothing fancy not even in the gaming industry...) . But I know developing and reading things like this just makes me wonder...

what erks me i understand how the games are made and the time of development but its just you see mods like altis and breaking point doing what dayz sa are doing and should of done and have literally noone working on them but are still in a better state.

That sentence is a paradox. If you understand how games are made, you wouldn't have said that. In fact, if you ever had written one line of code, you wouldn't have said that. If you would have even read something about this game, the engine used etc. you wouldn't have said that. But, I know, it's so damn hard. It's far more comfortable to get here and shout out things, which are either not true or at best unproven and claim them to be true.

Long story short: Dont shout out facts, which are nonsense if you haven't the slightest clue what you are talking about. And that you don't have one, is a fact, proven by your own words.

• Like 4

Anyone disappointed with the update speed should take a 2 month break. Game development is slow, it always is.  

Get out and do something else... no point getting frustrated.

• Like 1

Show me proof that all development and care has ceased, as you claim. All I see are bug tweaks and content being added. The only thing that has slowed down is moving stuff from exp branch to stable.

Honestly, the level of whining and conspiracy is too much.

i'm not saying that it ceased completely, i'm saying that theyre doing it the slowliest possible way, as they already got their payment.

Now they just need to add a gun and a hat each month to keep fanboys from killing themselves, the game's already paid for itself and much more. no point in doing it in scheduled time.

Edited by lipemr

i'm not saying that it ceased completely, i'm saying that theyre doing it the slowliest possible way, as they already got their payment.

Now they just need to add a gun and a hat each month to keep fanboys from killing themselves, the game's already paid for itself and much more. no point in doing it in scheduled time.

bah, you being cynic... i like it...not!

Edited by robophant

Keep the guns & hat

This game needs a constructive feature stat.

Oh hell... I didn't want my first post to be in a tear filled whine thread like this, but so be it...

I can't believe how many people don't get what they paid for and what an alpha is. You guys paid for the FINISHED product while you also get the chance to follow the developement of the game, and even play it throughout it's developement.

Now this here is a very early alpha stage, if this game was marketed the "normal" way you would probably not be able to buy it before mid 2015.

But no, instead of beeing happy about getting a game for little money and beeing able to closely follow it's developement, people seem to expect it to be playable like a beta or even a release version (considering how unfinished many releases are nowadays).

That's like complainig at a construction company that a building's heating isn't working yet when they just barely finished the framing.

Dude, just so you know, your statement isn't whining. It's a response to whining...

You realize they have been adding constant updates to experimental branch, right?

No, not for about a month, last official post in the updates /annoucements is the one from 3rd week of Feb, its coming upto end of March. Nothing has happened since the one in Feb on experimental where they added new stances/ damage from rain / a few more zombies. Thats been it for ages

No, not for about a month, last official post in the updates /annoucements is the one from 3rd week of Feb, its coming upto end of March. Nothing has happened since the one in Feb on experimental where they added new stances/ damage from rain / a few more zombies. Thats been it for ages

I honestly need to know if you are trolling here?

• Like 1

Geez, so many people hating the Alpha here... If I were an admin I would shadowban them all

Oh wait, this is not Reddit

rumour of next stable branch update date?

estimate?

guess?

i'm not daniel-san, i'm a customer.

two of my friends who bought alpha have quit out of boredom already.

if i'm going to keep encouraging more sales and profits for BI i need an incentive to.

content is the incentive.

ya dig? peace and love, peace and love

Same with me, some of my friends think its a joke. I love Day Z , but time to be honest.

Lets not beat around the bush, 3 months later and the map is still empty. Theres nothing to do ! The zombies arent challenging. One hit from a fireaxe and its not even a headshot to kill. There supposed to be zombies. theres no challenge. Wheres the apocalypse? Food and drink are common place everywhere you go. Easy peasey. No Challenge. Feels like   a walk in the park.

I honestly need to know if you are trolling here?

Lol Im been serious, whats changed since the end of Feb Here: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/177017-pending-changelog-experimental-branch-042116002/

Its all the same stuff we've heard about for weeks:

Physics: Item throwing physics is currently disabled
Melee: Gestures currently do not work from two-handed melee
Melee: Cannot conduct melee attack from "lowered" melee stance (press space to chance stance to "raised")
Network: Issues in some cases of zombies, or players potentially being invisible.

Bla bla bla, virtually nothing new or dramatic to note other than the "Zombies: Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies, pending more robust method"
and i've played Developer build, there was still hardly any zombies
Edited by AgentNe0

alf-sigin-alf-33176064-480-360.jpg

Edit:

AgentNe0: You are a very bad troll, a 12 year old spoiled brat, an uneducated guy that can't read and doesn't want to understand things or suffering from a mental handicap (in that case, sorry for my harsh words)

Simple respawn mechanic implemented for zombies =/= MORE zombies. They only RESPAWN. But as we all know by now, you can't read.

There was an experimental update yesterday. But:

You may see an experimental update, this is primarily focused on us measuring some data in the hive - however, some map changes are there.

The changelog didn't change...because it's for the same patch described there.

We don't do changelogs for backend changes.

There is no new patch because there were 3 major issues that had to be dealt with that occured on experimental. Since 2 weeks (nearly) they are fighting these issues. And I really don't think that 1) they are working slow on purpose 2) the people not involved in killing these bugs are doing nothing c)any new update is held back until these issues are resolved.

2 of them are resolved and for the last one hicks twittered yesterday:

Well, the good news is we believe we found what is causing the issues with exp.

So...let's wait & see. Or wait & whine. Whatever suits you.

Edited by LaughingJack

Or you can let them do their jobs. Unless you have extensive inside knowledge on big budget game making, I don't think you understand how difficult of a task you're asking.

I feel like early access alphas should come with 2 things.

You should be forced to sign a very extensive disclaimer that is read to you and can't be skipped. You then get auto banned from the forums and locked out of the game until it's finished if you whine about issues that are typical with alphas.

Secondly, if the game ships and is broken, or the team pulls out / sells it off, everyone with an active alpha copy gets paid back double what they spent.

The whole "EARLY ACESS its alpha its alpha" thing would be FINE if they did not charge a full retail price for it.. You guys are stupid if you honestly think its just a coincidence that all these games started popping up out of nowhere the moment companies were allowed to start making money off "early acess"

How many games do you remember playing early acess of a long time ago for free? Virtually NONE. Because there wasn't a way they could make money off it.

Ohh now they are able to charge for early acess and what a coincidence.. all these half-assed games start appearing out of the woodwork and stay in early acess forever.. Early acess is the perfect crime and everyone wants a piece of it.

If the game companies could only get 30% of the money when it was 30% done.. Guess what.. there wouldnt be a thing called early acess.

So many games go into early acess than just sit idle in it forever.. And why wouldnt they? It would be stupid of them to NOt exploit early acess.

1.Get to skip out on all the expenses and legal requirements of releasing a game traditionally.

2. Reap all the same benefits of final release while also shielding themselves from the bad aspects of final release (review sites being able to review them)

3. Get shielded from a big yellow damning metascore number on the steam page

4. It EVEN shields them from PLAYERS criticism because early acess generates an army of "its only alpha" warriors who attack anyone with an opinion.

5. Get to have a bulletproof excuse of doing half-assed work.

The second a game should become susceptible to reviews is the SECOND they put a pricetag on it. Period.

We have a product here thats not finished, its nowhere near ready, its completely broken.. But we will glady accept full price for it. DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE BALLS OF THAT??

• Like 3

I edited my post. Just for you.

Nah, to be honest for everyone else BUT you, since you can't read. But for you, I post pictures, so you have something to look at.

Honestly Jack I don't know why you are bothering with these people, aside from the common literacy issues, they don't understand anything about game development, the process of creating content even when provided with direct answers they simply ignore and keep spouting the same thing over and over.  They have made shit up in their head and decided that is the truth regardless of how far from the truth it is, your being subtlety trolled please take note, leave this thread and it's ignorance behind let these people sit on this thread and circle jerk themselves.

• Like 1

So many stupid points in your post, but I'll just pick on the fact that GTA IV was terrible. Rock* even admitted it. Point being, you can devote 1,000 people to a game over a long period of time and it still has the potential of being fucking garbage.

I love me some Grimey, but Rockstar never said GTA IV was terrible, nor was it.  It was a really fun game!

'Full retail price' morons please try to remember people are paying $60 for boring cookie cutter console ports. Now we pay HALF that price for the SA, or even less for other great pc games.

The only stupid people here are the ones that think they paid $60 for the standalone. I paid $30 for the standalone, which is $3 less than what I paid for the arma 3 alpha last summer, that is now a $60 game that gets free content updates. BI is a shining example of the future of pc gaming.

As far as I'm concerned you all can gtfo back to battlefield on your xbone. Maths is clearly not being taught in schools anymore

• Like 2