Spinnyd223

Where are the updates? **crickets chirping**

I always loved the idea of the mod, but hated how the mod was made(gameplaywise(hardcoded engine stuff)). When I heard the SA alpha was out me andmy girlfriend bought into it to support Dean's idea and you know what? I never expected that it will look and feel as awesome as it is in it's current state. 25 Euro and 350 hours of gameplay: nothing more to add.

Recently stopped playing because it's boring with so less content in it, but the next 1 or 2 patches I'll be back and enjoy the new content.

• Like 4

30 bucks isnt a cheap price for a game in the state that dayz is right now.

Well, some people believe it is.

I've gotten more enjoyment out of Dayz than I have out of $60 AAA titles.

So yes, I think $30 dollars was a cheap price. I would have gladly paid more.

Edited by GrappleX
  • Like 4

30 bucks isnt a cheap price for a game in the state that dayz is right now.

People didnt buy the game for what it is, people bought the game hoping that it would become decent in around a year, that was the time that it should go into beta state.

The price you pay is the price for the finished product, which is gonna be available soonest in one year, probably more. You getting acces to the alpha is just a bonus. It seems like they can put up as many disclaimers and "do not buys" as they want, people won't get what they bought and when they will get what they actually paid for. The hype seems to make it even worse though...

And I do think 30$ (in my case 23 euro) Is very cheap considering the complex graphics of this game and the fact that the finished version  will have WAY more content and polishing than this early framework of a game.

Edit:

I have to say though, that selling this game in such an early stage and giving alpha acces to people was kind of asking for this. Especially when i think of the hype around this game and the impatient, oftenly childish and melodramatic nature of the gaming community.

Edited by Buffaloe
  • Like 1

Asking for updates > OP is an idiot

talk about biased community

Yeah, *asking*

Asking for updates > OP is an idiot

talk about biased community

The OP didn't ask.  This is a complete whine thread about the speed of the updates.  As myself and many have pointed out, if you aren't ready to be part of games growth from "Alpha" until release, then you shouldn't be here.  Hell there is a goddamn sticky that states you shouldn't buy this game if you are not wanting to participate in the development.  Whining, calling the devs lazy, saying this game sucks, it's taking too long is not constructive feedback.  There is way too many people who purchased this game not willing to partake in it's growth and are just throwing temper tantrums like BiS owes them everything.  My only advice is to just walk away and come back in a year or two..

• Like 4

there is something satisfying about being with the project and watching it's development.

unfortunately: you will be flamed for suggesting the game is taking too long in between stable updates.

there are VERY dedicated dayz fans here, who will destroy all negative opinions... and there are reasonable but arrogant elitists who make valid points but are total dicks while doing it.

then there are straight up dayz-player haters such as myself who lol so hard at these whiner threads and the tryhard fanboys who take the troll bait.

unfortunately: you will be flamed for suggesting the game is taking too long in between stable updates.

OP didn't suggest anything, he threw a massive bitch fit.

OP didn't suggest anything, he threw a massive bitch fit.

oh yeah, just a warning to others who might comment on slow updates in the future.

flame on!

• Like 1

oh yeah, just a warning to others who might comment on slow updates in the future.

flame on!

Ummm, ok?

Again, not comment, more whine.

I just don't get what saying, "Hey DEVs, hurry up, these updates are slow," does to help development. I love hearing suggestions, various ideas, and peoples take on where they think the game should go, but suggesting development should go "faster" isn't really a suggestion. Sure, it has been a bit slow the last few weeks, but I trust that they aren't lying when they say that they are trying hard to fix these few major bugs before deploying to stable. It is evident that they *wanted* to release to stable some time ago, but that wasn't able to happen. This wasn't because they wanted to punish you, but because they didn't want a repeat of the last time a major bug made it to stable.  

I think in the not-so-far future the development will jump over these hurdles and then we will see some good updates! Another part not to forget is this line from devblog posted a week ago: "We are inducting a large number of new people to the team, effectively doubling the whole project." While there have been new team members added, we must not forget that they must be trained and assigned their jobs before we see the effects of these new members.

Edited by solodude23

you are watching this thread like a hawk and have posted flameouts multiple times.

who cares if op is whining?

if i make a thread, very reasonable and with insight and no complaining, about this same issue:

i'll be buried under the massive dump of

"alpher hurr durr" and "go play COD/BF4 noob scrub gtfo" or "we told you not to buy it, come back later"

just warning others to avoid upsetting the fanboys with critism or complaints.

• Like 4

also this thread contains no information on the possibility of a next patch.

no one has said anything in valid response but "patience" or "gtfo variant"

Its incredible the amount of people in this forum who really believe they are making us a favor by letting us play the alpha stage before the released product.

you are watching this thread like a hawk and have posted flameouts multiple times.

who cares if op is whining?

if i make a thread, very reasonable and with insight and no complaining, about this same issue:

i'll be buried under the massive dump of

"alpher hurr durr" and "go play COD/BF4 noob scrub gtfo" or "we told you not to buy it, come back later"

just warning others to avoid upsetting the fanboys with critism or complaints.

You hit the nail on the head as to what is wrong with this community. Nobody that plays the game and is a fan can withstand any shred of criticism about things such as updates and features. The minute you say something bad about it you're a moronic CoD player, followed by an influx of "ALPHER" posts.

Its incredible the amount of people in this forum who really believe they are making us a favor by letting us play the alpha stage before the released product.

It is a very cool aspect. Not a ton of game devs have massive open alphas. But if you're going to release an alpha, at least try to get updates out on a regular basis and keep the pace. Give your community something to fucking test if you're going to label the game a god damn testing phase.

• Like 1

well, as i expected, the fanboy convoy arrived.

Yeah, people, bohemia did a favor to us by giving a free... oh wait... cheap....... oh wait... 'cool' alpha, so we can fund their project and test their bugs for them, and anyone who criticises their methods is obviously a whiny child, they told us NOT to buy it! Even if they hyped the hell out of this game since the golden days of the mod till they released it.

There's no problem that it's almost 1/3 of the time till it goes beta and there's still terrible desync and glitching to the point that if someone's appear in front of you out of thin air and kill you, you dont know if they are using cheats or it's just the shitty netcode of the game that's doing the magic. But it's all okay!! now there's magnums and cowboy hats! how cool is that?

Seriously, people that think this game's worth the money are the people that NEVER played the mod and are just new to this game atmosphere, it's all good and beautiful until it gets boring, the mod took 1 year to die, how much will take the game to do so?

The "zombie fever" is already ending, people are getting bored of survival games and zombies.

Edited by lipemr

well, as i expected, the fanboy convoy arrived.

Yeah, people, bohemia did a favor to us by giving a free... oh wait... cheap....... oh wait... 'cool' alpha, so we can fund their project and test their bugs for them, and anyone who criticises their methods is obviously a whiny child, they told us NOT to buy it! Even if they hyped the hell out of this game since the golden days of the mod till they released it.

There's no problem that it's almost 1/3 of the time till it goes beta and there's still terrible desync and glitching to the point that if someone's appear in front of you out of thin air and kill you, you dont know if they are using cheats or it's just the shitty netcode of the game that's doing the magic. But it's all okay!! now there's magnums and cowboy hats! how cool is that?

Seriously, people that think this game's worth the money are the people that NEVER played the mod and are just new to this game atmosphere, it's all good and beautiful until it gets boring, the mod took 1 year to die, how much will take the game to do so?

The "zombie fever" is already ending, people are getting bored of survival games and zombies.

Oh man, if you speak about "People" you obviously speak about yourself. I read some of your posts in this thread and to be honest: you are just a really ineducated troll. Did you ever work in your life? Because it seems like you have no idea how economics work in the inside of every company in the world.

Such a "smart" guy who wasn't able to read Feedback or watching lets play Videos before purchasing an alpha-state game.... And you think I or we should trust in your words.

Edit: You cry about getting killed because of synchronisation issues but no word about the kills you made when you were "desyncing" around. There are always two sides of the medal. The only "fanboy" in this thread is you. You are your own one. Thats sad

Edited by deewd22

The rate of these patches are taking so long. And for what? A cooking pot? Idk about you guys.. But this is starting to seem pretty hopeless. Yeah i know they doubled the size of the dev team but from 5 to 10 people isn't that much of an improvement.. A game of this scale needs a studio.. and massive manpower if they want to ever seriously consider bringing us the features they originally hoped for.. Bohemia is the publisher i understand that.. But whats the developer team name of the people who make dayz? Dean hall? Created by dean hall on the main menu page? Even WARZ has a developer studio and a group name "hammerpoint" Is dayz team even real? So why is bohemia and dean hall only employing "indie" manpower to a big name game? Dayz has been one of the most sucessfull pc sellers in the last decade.. Where is the money?

I just keep looking everyday for patches to come for dayz on steam and it just never happens, And im not surprised honestly.

I dont think people fully understand the man power and resources required to make a game.. If you look at a game like interstellar marines who has a developer team of 12 (more than dayz).. They have been working on that game for about 8 years and the progress is minimal at best. There is not even a crouch button yet. Indie games take forever.. Just making fez took one man three years to make.

Another example is, grand theft auto4.. ONE THOUSAND people working on it.. 5 years to make.

When i saw the sucess of dayz standalone i was 100% sure that dean hall would open his own game studio, give it a name, than hire hundreds of developers to bring us the best survival game of all time..

dayz has been one of the most sucessfull pc games in the last decade.. They have made more money than most triple A developers do on their pc titles.

So we know they have money.. Where is it?  So the excuse of "small dev team" is no longer a viable excuse..

about dev size and quality you should look at warframe and 7 days to die....granted 7 days is way too expensive for it stage but they are impressive considering their team size, dayz was too, both should have been 15 not 30. anyway ya a game the scale of dayz should have more people working on it...but then theres the fact bohemia simply used the IP of dayz to give it self much needed profit so its mo big surprise they are trying to spend as little as possible with a game that sells itself with all the fanboys gushing to the internet. Its good business when the corporation gets the most they can for as little as possible which leads to the consumer being shafted so to say dayz is a scam is not far fetched

You can read some of the dumbest comments on the whole Internet, right here in this thread. It's like listening to a child try to explain something their friend told them

• Like 1

I agree with the OP! Its been 3 months now and we're still running around an empty map with hardly any zombies.

Look at Breaking Point (arma 3) mod. There is new updates for that almost every day. Theres about 3 guys making that in their spare time and they ain't getting paid. The mod has zombies everywhere and new maps coverted. Its truely a great mod and is further ahead than Standalone

Look at how many copies DAY Z Standalone sold. Over 100,000 or something. Times that by 20. 20 x 100,000= 2 million.

With that much money its obvious its not been fed back into the game. At least some of that money should spend hurrying up and employing more staff.

Edited by AgentNe0

Look at how many copies DAY Z Standalone sold. Over 100,000 or something. Times that by 20. 20 x 100,000= 2 million.

With that much money its obvious its not been fed back into the game. At least some of that money should spend hurrying up and employing more staff.

You must be smoking that good weed.

I said it when the mod was around and before BIS decided to make it an SA that it needed a big investment. BIS made a shit load of money on Arma 2 sales - it was top of the steam list 5 years after it's release. How many people bought Arma 2 and have bought the SA already and given BIS millions in cash?

They should have realised the potential sooner and potentially should have made a new engine - one that suited the genre

Oh man, if you speak about "People" you obviously speak about yourself. I read some of your posts in this thread and to be honest: you are just a really ineducated troll. Did you ever work in your life? Because it seems like you have no idea how economics work in the inside of every company in the world.

Such a "smart" guy who wasn't able to read Feedback or watching lets play Videos before purchasing an alpha-state game.... And you think I or we should trust in your words.

Edit: You cry about getting killed because of synchronisation issues but no word about the kills you made when you were "desyncing" around. There are always two sides of the medal. The only "fanboy" in this thread is you. You are your own one. Thats sad

yeah, i'm a troll without arguments yet all you can do is call me a child that never worked in its life.

If you dont know, most of the sales occured on the first two weeks of release, 95% of the game breaking bugs werent showed on the let's play videos and people didnt expect that much trouble, as the mod never suffered of so much desync.

YOU never worked on your life, cause apparently you give no value to your money.

And why does it matter how much people i killed because of the desync? it just enforces my point, THE GAME'S IN A SHITTY STATE. LEARN TO FUCKING READ.

Keep the hate flowing, fanboys.

I agree with the OP! Its been 3 months now and we're still running around an empty map with hardly any zombies.

Look at Breaking Point (arma 3) mod. There is new updates for that almost every day. Theres about 3 guys making that in their spare time and they ain't getting paid. The mod has zombies everywhere and new maps coverted. Its truely a great mod and is further ahead than Standalone

actually they profited more than 10 times that dude, they sold 1.4 million copies.

the simple answer is the project took too long to get to where it is now its two years too late now.

what erks me i understand how the games are made and the time of development but its just you see mods like altis and breaking point doing what dayz sa are doing and should of done and have literally noone working on them but are still in a better state.

not only this you look on server lists to find cracked servers with vehicles on since dayz one. even pirates have better content than us paying our way :rolleyes:

work rate is sloppy, not good enough. i love dayz some of the best fun ive ever had in games but the way its progressing and being done is quite frankly a joke.

i redownloaded the mod the other day just to see what had advanced and you know my first thought was ? why even make SA ? you know the answer

MONEY ! that is the only reason. nothing really has advanced nothing is really better than anything which is available for free.