Spinnyd223

Where are the updates? **crickets chirping**

Actually, no he didn't. Bohemia own DayZ, not Dean. He hasn't made a fraction of what you seem to think he has and on a side note, none of the forum moderators are paid either.

Well, whatever, it was his idea, he's responsible for all the profits.

If bohemia will get the bigger slice of the pie, so be it.

Please, don't feed the trolls.

yeah, anybody that tells you what you dont wanna hear is a troll, right?

• Like 1

he's gotta be trolling

me or him? i'm confused...  :P

Now i noticed i misread his post, but anyway, my point was directed to the topic.

After all the other early access games bombing and turning out unfinished you should have seen this coming. I got the game for a few TF2 hats so I don't really care lmao.

• Like 1

Just want to say that the budget for GTA V was US$265 million (source - the mighty Wikipedia!).  You cannot compare the 2 game's development.

Updates and content will come.  I really don't understand the lack of patience - the alpha has been out for less than 4 months.

• Like 2

Actually, no he didn't. Bohemia own DayZ, not Dean. He hasn't made a fraction of what you seem to think he has and on a side note, none of the forum moderators are paid either.

Why would you admin a forum of a very successful game unless you're being paid something...This seems absurd. Are you perhaps in a position of an intern there and waiting to possibly catch a break and be noticed by someone or...

Can't be just the draw to being in a position of power because I see mods here are way more chilled than in other game forums I've visited before.

• Like 2

none of the forum moderators are paid either.

So you're all working on a for profit project with no pay?...  Come now, you guys can do better than that...  Especially when the SA alone has raised over 50 million in digital sales...

I'd very much like to known how much of the SA sales are actually going to the development of DAYZ...  I have a sneaking suspicion that myself and the rest of the community would be rather "disappointed" though...

Edited by taco86
  • Like 1

So you're all working on a for profit project with no pay?...  Come now, you guys can do better than that...  Especially when the SA alone has raised over 50 million in digital sales...

Yes it would be a world without video games if the creator took all the money and the publishing house/studio BIS in this example made no money at all.  All BIS employee's like Dean, Bill, Chris and the rest of the team are paid for the work they do, much like I get paid for doing my job, my boss, the company owner charges the site I work at, more then what I'm paid cos he need's to make money too.

I was not reffering to BIS employees like dean, bill, ect ect windowlicker...  I was refering to forum admins, who by their own admitence, are not payed employees.  This I find unfair as they are certainly "working" and providing a service that supports a for profit product.  Furthermore, not a single thing indicated in my post points to an opinion of "No money should go to BIS", I beleive you've drawn a strawman in regards to that.

Edited by taco86

Why would you admin a forum of a very successful game unless you're being paid something...This seems absurd. Are you perhaps in a position of an intern there and waiting to possibly catch a break and be noticed by someone or...

Can't be just the draw to being in a position of power because I see mods here are way more chilled than in other game forums I've visited before.

I'd very much like to known how much of the SA sales are actually going to the development of DAYZ...  I have a sneaking suspicion that myself and the rest of the community would be rather "disappointed" though...

Hello there

I cant speak for any other mod but I do this for the "fun" of it. I most certainly dont get paid though.

On the whole I like communicating and interacting with the forum members, even some of the more challenging ones.

Also, we all do this in our spare time from home wherever we are in the world, so one couldnt really class it as an internship.

If the team do have any spare Lambo's kicking around, Ill certainly take one.

Rgds

LoK

Well now they have bajillions of dollars to unflaw it.. so whats the excuse now

Quit acting like a fool and read rocket2guns reddit. He talks about this extensively.

Well, whatever, it was his idea, he's responsible for all the profits.

If bohemia will get the bigger slice of the pie, so be it.

yeah, anybody that tells you what you dont wanna hear is a troll, right?

What do you mean "whatever"? Your argument was that Dean was essentially doing a runner with the money and I'm telling you that he doesn't have the money.

We aren't really "working", we just shuffle posts around and make sure things stay friendly on here. Similarly to server owners and community modders (well, most of them anyway...) - we don't do it for profit, we do it because we like the community and want to do our bit to help out.

ITT fanboys defend 2 month long waits for a simple patch. It's alright, DayZ should be released by 2018. It's sad, Arma 3 Breaking point is already miles ahead of the SA. I understand it's an Alpha but the progress being made is so flipping slow it's unbearable. 

• Like 1

ITT fanboys defend 2 month long waits for a simple patch. It's alright, DayZ should be released by 2018. It's sad, Arma 3 Breaking point is already miles ahead of the SA. I understand it's an Alpha but the progress being made is so flipping slow it's unbearable. 

You don't understand it's an Alpha.  You just compared an Alpha to a mod that has been put into a complete game.  Just go play Breaking Point then and come back when DayZ is released if you do not want to participate in the Alpha by testing.  You do realize this is for testing and not playing, right?

• Like 1

It's been a month and 11 days, not 2 months. Use facts. Enlighten me as to how this is a simple patch?

gotta agree. i've played dayz for 2 weeks and already lost interest (never played the mod or any other zombie shooter). right now, it's just "gear up and go to deathmatch", kinda boring but sorry that's how it is.

watching vids about the mod actually makes me sad, there are more guns, vehicles, gear, base building, etc. just much more stuff to do. meanwhile a patch for standalone takes +2 weeks to add cooking....whopdeedoo! if this wasn't reality, people could consider this to be a joke really

honestly, if standalone hasn't at least all the stuff the mod offers in half a year, i don't have much hope anymore. don't be surprised when you see the headline "hall sold dayz to bigger studio xyz, leaves bohemia as of now" soon. with the slow and faulty progress on things, i'd say standalone has started to grow into something a little indie studio around dean can't properly handle anymore

that's only my view on things. of course i'll be attacked by forumers in a second with "omg it's alpha!" "you shouldn't have bought it then" and "gtfo spoilt brag omg"

Edited by AceQuat
  • Like 2

Well at least my feedback with a sharp fingers seems applied by Devs. I was pointing out that experimental branch should get updates (even gamebreaking) but stable should stay as it is till they stabilize things.

So they do that now, which is right path really. Also I was again giving feedback with another sharp fingers regards lack of investment towards development (most of the people thought i was complaining) but yet BIS applied and doubled the Dev Team.

Also another thing i've heard but i didn't know, BIS actually host servers (but don't name it as BIS). So credits goes there as well as i thought they weren't. On the otherhand , it's really pain in the arse walking around without any sort of vehicle, so it would be nice at least adding some sort of atvs even they are buggy as hell . Serious pain for people do not camp and actually explore / scavange the whole map. This is a big issue really, not to complain but map itself huge and takes serious amount of time moving around. Don't think my "W" key will survive any more.

And for the forums, let everyone speak for himself as long as it's not against forum rules. Don't try enforcing your own opinions with waves, noone needs to think in same way. OP has a point and prolly has more expectations from a popular mod that became a SA tittle.  As much as complains with no point are useless , it goes the same for replies that counters them.

Edited by =1PARA=Prime=C.O=

It's been a month and 11 days, not 2 months. Use facts. Enlighten me as to how this is a simple patch?

Yet it's gonna be close to 2 months when it's actually released. 

You don't understand it's an Alpha.  You just compared an Alpha to a mod that has been put into a complete game.  Just go play Breaking Point then and come back when DayZ is released if you do not want to participate in the Alpha by testing.  You do realize this is for testing and not playing, right?

Yet they want our money to play the Alpha. I understand it's an Alpha and it isn't for "playing". But some sort of progress is a must. 

• Like 2

I just love all the people defending the crap points about this game over and over and over again. I've lurked on the forums since I quit posting, at least twice a week, and see clear-cut cases of complete fanboyism. The sad part is I used to be in the corner constantly up in arms ready to defend the shortcomings of this game again and again. Face it people, this game is not on track the way it should be. There SHOULD be more people working on the game. There SHOULD be more updates.

How many people have bought the Standalone? Last time I checked, it has sold 1.5 million copies. Do the math and that's 45 MILLION dollars not including the 50 dollar donation package. Where's all the money going? How many new developers have been brought on to the team since release of the alpha?

I've stopped playing SA. Why? It's not because it's a bad game. It's not even because it's mindlessly boring compared to the mods that are out there (which is hard to get past), It's because it's disappointing as fuck. Wow... so it's been a month and 11 days since the last patch as opposed to 2 months... the game should be seeing WEEKLY patches. Go ahead and continue being in denial and throw the "alpher alpher alpher alpher" comments at me. Fact of the matter is that I was a huge supporter of this game for a very long time. Now I could care less about the SA, as the mod is where it's at.

As a veteran software developer, I can assure you that throwing more resources at a project doesn't always mean it will be done faster.  There's a very delicate balance with this because adding more resources actually slows down a project in the short term because of learning curve, etc.

Less people == move faster.  Fact.

• Like 2

Oh hell... I didn't want my first post to be in a tear filled whine thread like this, but so be it...

I can't believe how many people don't get what they paid for and what an alpha is. You guys paid for the FINISHED product while you also get the chance to follow the developement of the game, and even play it throughout it's developement.

Now this here is a very early alpha stage, if this game was marketed the "normal" way you would probably not be able to buy it before mid 2015.

But no, instead of beeing happy about getting a game for little money and beeing able to closely follow it's developement, people seem to expect it to be playable like a beta or even a release version (considering how unfinished many releases are nowadays).

That's like complainig at a construction company that a building's heating isn't working yet when they just barely finished the framing.

• Like 1

So many stupid points in your post, but I'll just pick on the fact that GTA IV was terrible. Rock* even admitted it. Point being, you can devote 1,000 people to a game over a long period of time and it still has the potential of being fucking garbage.

GTA IV was terrible? What are you smoking and where can I get some?

What do you mean "whatever"? Your argument was that Dean was essentially doing a runner with the money and I'm telling you that he doesn't have the money.

We aren't really "working", we just shuffle posts around and make sure things stay friendly on here. Similarly to server owners and community modders (well, most of them anyway...) - we don't do it for profit, we do it because we like the community and want to do our bit to help out.

he just made 40 million dollars for bohemia, probably more than the total profit they ever had in all the games they made. Thinking that he didnt get a fat comission for that is at least naive as hell.

Edited by lipemr

Oh hell... I didn't want my first post to be in a tear filled whine thread like this, but so be it...

I can't believe how many people don't get what they paid for and what an alpha is. You guys paid for the FINISHED product while you also get the chance to follow the developement of the game, and even play it throughout it's developement.

Now this here is a very early alpha stage, if this game was marketed the "normal" way you would probably not be able to buy it before mid 2015.

But no, instead of beeing happy about getting a game for little money and beeing able to closely follow it's developement, people seem to expect it to be playable like a beta or even a release version (considering how unfinished many releases are nowadays).

That's like complainig at a construction company that a building's heating isn't working yet when they just barely finished the framing.

30 bucks isnt a cheap price for a game in the state that dayz is right now.

People didnt buy the game for what it is, people bought the game hoping that it would become decent in around a year, that was the time that it should go into beta state.

But 4 months are gone and the game's even worse than it was on release, it seems.

and now there's hackers and patches that take 1 month to release.

in the end, the game will die before people get what they paid for.

Edited by lipemr

But 4 months are gone and the game's even worse than it was on release, it seems.

1213657d1378497870-obris-morgan-explorer

• Like 5