Sign in to follow this  
aviza

My 1st time in Dayz

I log in and have no idea about any controls or anything.  Looking around, the game looks beautiful.   I hear something. 

"hey"  Turning to see someone, I don't know what to do.  Another fresh spawn a few feet beside me.

he says "hold caps to talk"

"thanks" I reply

"where are you going?" he says

"I don't know, I've just installed the game and started playing 20 seconds ago"

"can I come with you?

Thinking nothing of it "sure, I'm just going to run up this hill and see if I can climb the radio tower to get a lay of the land"

"can I come with you?"

"Sure" I say

A few second of running and my screen flashes black and white while he says "welcome to dayz bitch"  Running around without a clue I  try to jump and hit spacebar then my hands go up.  He goes to the ground as I make a solid connection.  I continue punching the unconscious player for about five minutes while saying to him in game "why are you doing this?" until I think he is dead. Beginner's luck I guess.

What the fuck is this game?

I run up the hill and climb the tower, just to glitch auto run off the edge at the top and die in the fall.  Wonderfully anti-climactic.

That was over a month ago.  Never know what to expect.  Love this game.

Peace

-Aviza

Edited by Aviza
  • Like 7

Most dayz players seems to have an abnormal high tolerance to frustation. Myself included. I wonder if it requires professional assistance.

Edited by Festim
  • Like 3

this is not a game.....

*in Spartan voice* THIS IS DAYZZZEEEE

for better or worse, I myself enjoy it (i'm weird ) but I do look forward to it being a more complete ga....  

errr... what ever THIS is.

Okay, so as to actually say something helpful related to OP's post: In DayZ, at first, DO NOT TRUST ANYONE. Fresh Spawns might be very experienced players that re-spawned and decided to mess with you. That, I have to say, is a part of Day Z as it is now.

Mostly (again, only for the time being) it is a lot of PvP.

In 2-3 months, other elements will be stable enough to hit the actual survivor aspect as to what was envisioned by the creator of DayZ (mod) and then also the Standalone.

Give it some time, get to know the mechanics of the game, read a LOT in this forum, watch YouTube videos, do everything you can to get a feel for the game and for what the very first things are you need for survival.

Also, there's the "Alpha" thing everyone talks about. There will be improvements to these glitches, especially the "ladder of death". This is common and will happen until it is fixed. As I say this, I also ask you to please be patient. Updates are coming, and there's the experimental server you can try if you want to experience what the dev's are working on.

But the actual updates released to stable will take time. Don't get mad but look at this as a very special process that you can be part of and help develop by bugtracking etc.

Trolls will troll, so don't be de-railed by posts that don't help you.

Learn, grow and eventually, find your own style for this game, because there's a lot between "Bandits", "KOS'ers" and "Heroes".

Now go on, son, and strive towards the path that calls you...

Damn, that was purdy good ^^

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 4

Im glad you killed him after he said, "Welcome to Dayz bitch".. thats just beautiful that you got him in the end. :)

• Like 2

alfa

Oh shit, I started laughing so hard imagining that scenario as he said, "welcome to DayZ" bitch. Almost makes me wish I received such an introduction.

Well the guy you met was probably the biggest cock on the planet and lost an opportunity to help out a brand new player. I'm glad you punched the prick to death though :)

Okay, so as to actually say something helpful related to OP's post: In DayZ, at first, DO NOT TRUST ANYONE. Fresh Spawns might be very experienced players that re-spawned and decided to mess with you. That, I have to say, is a part of Day Z as it is now.

Mostly (again, only for the time being) it is a lot of PvP.

In 2-3 months, other elements will be stable enough to hit the actual survivor aspect as to what was envisioned by the creator of DayZ (mod) and then also the Standalone.

Give it some time, get to know the mechanics of the game, read a LOT in this forum, watch YouTube videos, do everything you can to get a feel for the game and for what the very first things are you need for survival.

Also, there's the "Alpha" thing everyone talks about. There will be improvements to these glitches, especially the "ladder of death". This is common and will happen until it is fixed. As I say this, I also ask you to please be patient. Updates are coming, and there's the experimental server you can try if you want to experience what the dev's are working on.

But the actual updates released to stable will take time. Don't get mad but look at this as a very special process that you can be part of and help develop by bugtracking etc.

Trolls will troll, so don't be de-railed by posts that don't help you.

Learn, grow and eventually, find your own style for this game, because there's a lot between "Bandits", "KOS'ers" and "Heroes".

Now go on, son, and strive towards the path that calls you...

Damn, that was purdy good ^^

8/10

Wait, you recommended he spend a lot of time on the forum, eventually becoming a cynical prick by having his soul crushed by the plethora of crying children whining about every aspect of the game.

2/10

Edited by Grimey Rick

8/10

Wait, you recommended he spend a lot of time on the forum, eventually becoming a cynical prick by having his soul crushed by the plethora of crying children whining about every aspect of the game.

2/10

Grimey, I think you mean If you want to stick around these forums, you are going to have to grow a thicker skin and learn how to handle banter, or simply ignore the trolls :) The dayz community is a passionate one at the least. It clearly shows throughout every thread and post.

Just because threads get derailed and some people want to jump at the first chance they have, does not mean that everyone will become a cynical ass hat. There is some excellent examples of this, in this very forum.

Mr Grimey, I award your post a 5/10, then minus 6 points  :P

Aviza, I meant to add.

That was a great read, I hope you enjoy your stay :) Here have some  :beans: for your journey mate.

I log in and have no idea about any controls or anything.  Looking around, the game looks beautiful.   I hear something. 

"hey"  Turning to see someone, I don't know what to do.  Another fresh spawn a few feet beside me.

he says "hold caps to talk"

"thanks" I reply

"where are you going?" he says

"I don't know, I've just installed the game and started playing 20 seconds ago"

"can I come with you?

Thinking nothing of it "sure, I'm just going to run up this hill and see if I can climb the radio tower to get a lay of the land"

"can I come with you?"

"Sure" I say

A few second of running and my screen flashes black and white while he says "welcome to dayz bitch"  Running around without a clue I  try to jump and hit spacebar then my hands go up.  He goes to the ground as I make a solid connection.  I continue punching the unconscious player for about five minutes while saying to him in game "why are you doing this?" until I think he is dead. Beginner's luck I guess.

What the fuck is this game?

I run up the hill and climb the tower, just to glitch auto run off the edge at the top and die in the fall.  Wonderfully anti-climactic.

That was over a month ago.  Never know what to expect.  Love this game.

Peace

-Aviza

I love the stories here explaining how they lost their DayZ virginity.

Nice first encounter :). My advice would be that you really have to be careful about trusting anyone in this game. People yell "friendly!" and once you come out of hiding they will probably shoot you. Experience is all that is needed to be a good dayz player, no mather what playstyle.

Oh and one thing that I forgot to mention. Bambies are all but harmless so beware of the crazy bambies...

I haven't run into any crazy bambies, but the last time someone tried to rob me, I laughed and said "you just better kill me" and chased him with an axe. Lol

I haven't run into any crazy bambies, but the last time someone tried to rob me, I laughed and said "you just better kill me" and chased him with an axe. Lol

I've resolved myself to never go down without a fight. Not once have I been robbed where I wasn't eventually killed. Might as well make it tough on them and destroy some gear in the exchange...

• Like 1