Sign in to follow this  
dayy

Missing gun: Found :)

Hi my bud and I found an M4A1 with a prisitne acog and 60 round clip  :)

Would return it, but we love it now, and you'll have to fight for it back...

Point of this post: We were on a low pop server, and were looting Elektro. My bud was scrounging the pub when we came across that beauty in the bedroom in back  :) There was no body, sooo either somone left it 'highly doubt' or it somehow spawned there. Anyone else found something similar or heard of this??? Is it a new spawn...Or something else...

It's an unfortunate bug in the game currently. Someone logged out in that spot and intentionally or unintentionally "exploited" the bug. Doing so placed the weapon at his feet where he logged out. You came along later and found it.

Don't ask about the dupe bug because it shouldn't be discussed on the forums. That would just lead to unwanted proliferation of a problem that is already widespread.

Edited by Dagwood
  • Like 2

People who loot on low pop servers are annoying.

Why? Because the only kills you can get are poorly geared players while camping loot spawns on a high pop? You should recognize not everyone wants PvP encounters everytime they go out to loot and respect that they want to play the game a different way than you instead of bitching.

• Like 19

It's an unfortunate bug in the game currently. Someone logged out in that spot and intentionally or unintentionally "exploited" the bug. Doing so placed the weapon at his feet where he logged out. You came along later and found it.

Don't ask about the dupe bug because it shouldn't be discussed on the forums. That would just lead to unwanted proliferation of a problem that is already widespread.

Who doesn't use it these days. I can't wait for the next update and possibly character wipe.

It was probably a guy carrying 2 primaries, one in hand and one on back.. I won't say why on one of the reasons, because it has to do with an exploit of sorts, but that may explain it.

Also aside from the exploitish factor, he may have just dropped while eating or something and did not realize it.

• Like 2

Why? Because the only kills you can get are poorly geared players while camping loot spawns on a high pop? You should recognize not everyone wants PvP encounters everytime they go out to loot and respect that they want to play the game a different way than you instead of bitching.

Playing on a low pop loot up and then switching to a high pop server.

someone duped it by accident, when you have a gun in your hands and on your back it lays the gun from your hands on the ground. when they log back in they will still have it.

Where else are you supposed to loot basic gear, it's all gone in 5 mins on the high pop servers...

Where else are you supposed to loot basic gear, it's all gone in 5 mins on the high pop servers...

Go up north or even to cherno where there is always plenty left.

Your annoying. Like who's going to loot on a 50/50 and expect to find anything. Its called brain power.

• Like 6

Since is takes way longer than 5min to run across the map, that is simply impossible. :P

I have lost any shred of faith that I had left for this forum's community.

I say, "let's not explain how to exploit the game with the weapon dupe. Doing so will only make the problem worse".

And then 4 people after me do just that...

And then more people in the same thread argue that looting low population servers is the only way to find loot...

With a public hive, privately operated servers, and a community that always chooses the fast and easy route to "success", this game is doomed. Unless the devs start actually implementing some anti-game features and content that make the easy route improbable, dayz will forever be an MMOGTA woodland expansion. I hate the immaturity that has taken over this forum since the release of the dayz SA.

Rant complete.

• Like 4

I have lost any shred of faith that I had left for this forum's community.

I say, "let's not explain how to exploit the game with the weapon dupe. Doing so will only make the problem worse".

And then 4 people after me do just that...

And then more people in the same thread argue that looting low population servers is the only way to find loot...

With a public hive, privately operated servers, and a community that always chooses the fast and easy route to "success", this game is doomed. Unless the devs start actually implementing some anti-game features and content that make the easy route improbable, dayz will forever be an MMOGTA woodland expansion. I hate the immaturity that has taken over this forum since the release of the dayz SA.

Rant complete.

Do you seriously expect anything else out of gamers these days? If your game gets popular expect a ton of shitty people to play.

Also the dupe has been around for a whole month now people know about it.

It was probably a guy carrying 2 primaries, one in hand and one on back.. I won't say why on one of the reasons, because it has to do with an exploit of sorts, but that may explain it.

Also aside from the exploitish factor, he may have just dropped while eating or something and did not realize it.

If I find another rifle that I have ammo for, I'll take it into hand and load it. OK, so I have to drop it to use something else, but it's an extra weapon. It will remain at my feet after log-off.

No it's not.

We play medium (20) to high (40) pop and hours after restarts we are still finding stuff. Not just hats, M4's, Sks, Mosin, Pistols, food, backpacks, vests etc. I have never found a fully looted server..ever.

Edited by Hetstaine
  • Like 2

No it's not.

We play medium (20) to high (40) pop and hours after restarts we are still finding stuff. Not just hats, M4's, Sks, Mosin, Pistols, food, backpacks, vests etc. I have never found a fully looted server..ever.

I Agree with this. Try heading northwest to find that the military camps haven't even been touched. Nobody seems to bother with Green mountain either.

• Like 1

-.-

Edited by kedde

Maybe the guy found a different gun in there and, like myself, doesn't like carrying around 2 guns. Run speed too slow. I've found mosins in that exact room before, and if I had a LRS with me and some mosin ammo I'd drop that m4 in a heartbeat.

meh meh meh

kill for your trophies.

lucky find tho

Hi my bud and I found an M4A1 with a prisitne acog and 60 round clip  :)

Would return it, but we love it now, and you'll have to fight for it back...

Point of this post: We were on a low pop server, and were looting Elektro. My bud was scrounging the pub when we came across that beauty in the bedroom in back  :) There was no body, sooo either somone left it 'highly doubt' or it somehow spawned there. Anyone else found something similar or heard of this??? Is it a new spawn...Or something else...

Most likely a server hopper who duped his gun

I found a multicamo Mosin with the LRS in one of the Elektro flats recently. I guess this explains it.

So... Not that I don't get the inherent unfairness of looting up a low population server while others are trying to loot on high population servers, but my question is how low population servers will ever get to be high population servers if nobody joins them?

• Like 1

So... Not that I don't get the inherent unfairness of looting up a low population server while others are trying to loot on high population servers, but my question is how low population servers will ever get to be high population servers if nobody joins them?

There's no need to fill up empty servers if the more populated servers are not full. 

Never have I found myself in a predicament where I've HAD to join a low-pop server. If the demand jumps fast, servers fill up fast.

The main point is - there's no point to be on a low pop server unless you're testing. Gearing up on a low-pop server is besides the point of the game anyway, especially in its current state.

Edited by solodude23

This thread is getting pretty off topic... There are threads for bugs and exploits. And I'm sure there are threads for whining about people who choose to play on low pop servers. Although how they annoy you or affect you in anyway is beyond me. As for op no I would assume that someone dropped for any of the previously stated reasons. Congrats and enjoy :)