Sign in to follow this  
TEST_SUBJECT_83

Random Military Standoff Points

What if there were random military outpost or last stand off points where the military hunkered down and fought off the zeds?

Something like Green Mountain but smaller and more secluded.

It may be something like this, but even smaller maybe tucked away in the woods somewhere.

Bolota%201.jpg

Not necessarily these exact structures or layout at all. Just something small that looks like a last stand that contains loot.

Placing random loot spots would encourage exploring and roaming past people normal routes and comfort zones.

Maybe one or two of these per server restart? Don't want to many. Maybe they don't even spawn sometimes, and there a rare occurrence?

Randomly spawned crashed helicopters would do the same thing.

Just a thought, not saying this is necessary right now.

Just a possible idea for down the road.

What do you think?

• Like 3

Lol is that command and conquer generals in that picture? I can feel nostalgia.

But regarding the post, Yea there really needs to be more military checkpoints and camps outside the big cities or in the countryside. Most of em should only contain some damaged weapons or uniforms but some basic survival gear should be found in em. It would make sense that the defense forces probably fought till the last bit of ammo or retreated leaving behind only a few things.

• Like 1

Good idea. They could make them randomly generated too! Just like the helicopter crashes in the mod.

Lol is that command and conquer generals in that picture? I can feel nostalgia.

That's ArmA2 Editor.

I really like the idea of having some randomly generated aspects to the environment.

"What's that?  A compound?  I wonder what's inside."

"Where's that smoke coming from?  Let's investigate it.  Whoa!  A helicopter crash site!"

You're right.  That WOULD encourage exploration almost ever time.

• Like 1