kikotte

I am new here. server Host

Hi,

I wondered how to cough server here? And how good a computer you have to have to cough server?

???

I know right?

My question was how to host a server? And how good a computer you have to have for it to cope with it?

oh. you rent a server and the hosting company provides the equipment (at their location of course) while you as the renter get admin access to the server. some are cheap, relatively speaking, and some are not. good luck and have fun :)

as a side note you can look over some the server names to get an idea of who is hosting

I want to hosting your own server on my computer.

You can't.  The server files are restricted to a mere five game server providers.  Look in the server section for those game server providers who have access (and notice what restrictions and criteria they must meet to be granted access).

Edited by FloydP
  • Like 1

You can't.  The server files are restricted to a mere five game server providers.  Look in the server section for those game server providers who have access (and notice what restrictions and criteria they must meet to be granted access).

Who can I write to to get hosting for my server computer?

Email

Everything goes if you want it.

You cannot host your own server from your own computer for standalone. period. end of story. search the forums and check out the server section. it's pretty clear in the Server Rules thread...

Edited by escobert
  • Like 1

Hosting is only available through specified GSP's. 

And how do you apply for it?

Hosting is only available through specified GSP's. 

Then do not get why you have to hire a server when I have better server than what they have.