Estyles

.22lr Damage is absurd.

The current .22lr damage in the experimental version is far to weak atm.

5~7 body shots to kill a zed and 2~3 head shots for a zed as well.

This is just so wrong with what a .22lr cartridge can do

.22lr accounts for the most firearm deaths in America each year. It is deadly with proper placement and this game should reflect that.

I think the muzzle velocity is all wrong as people are reporting that the .22lr rounds are tracers

http://i.imgur.com/N6DUcci.gif

If the bullets has the correct velocity you would not see them unless they actually were tracer rounds.

Edited by Estyles
  • Like 8

We just talked about in the experimentalthread bout, so i just copy&paste my post in here. Your pro***ly right, it could take a mini-tune but nothin more, imho.

What do ppl except from .22, it's a small caliber mainly used in shooting sport and aswell for hunting small animals such as a rabbits or foxes.

Well it's a deadly caliber beyond to debate but just as example, in germany a 35 old guy had a caliber .22 for almost 22 years in his head without even knowing about. Bullet was found by a random headscan at a hospital, after police was called he claimed that must happend somewhere on a new years eve, where he felt something like a punch at his head but didn't took care of it.

But as stated above,it's also used (no clue if they still use it) by special forces like the mossad and navy seals - pro***ly coz its quiet silent and deadly.

The suppressed Mk II is used by United States Navy SEALs[2] and pest control officers.[citation needed] This variant is considerably quieter than a standard Mk II and accurate to 70 m (230 ft).[3]

The AWC TM-Amphibian "S" is an integrally-suppressed variant of the Ruger Mk II Target .22 LR pistol. The sound suppressor uses a primary baffle of 303 stainless steel and a secondary baffle of 6061-T6 aluminium alloy. The AWC weapon manual states, "This suppressor is 'Amphibious' and can be fired with water. A couple of tablespoons of water can be poured into the suppressor for extra quiet operation."[4] It uses both standard and high velocity ammunition reliably and is finished in U.S. Navy spec stainless-matte finish. The pistol has an overall length of 13.25 in (33.7 cm), a suppressor length of 7 in (18 cm), a diameter of 1 in (2.5 cm) and weighs 41 oz (1,200 g).[5] This weapon is classified in the U.S. as a Title II weapon and requires a $200 transfer or manufacture tax in addition to registration with the ATF.

Source: wikipedia

"I think the muzzle velocity is all wrong as people are reporting that the .22lr rounds are tracers"

Nope it's fine. For the rifle, at least. The problem is that they included the following line of code:

tracersEvery = 1;

You can probably guess what that does...

nuTKKX0.gif

Tracers should occur if you chamber a single round. Loading full magazines should produce no tracers.

Edited by Gews
  • Like 4

they failed thats it. 1 shot in zombie head should kill them with any weapon in the game.

Edited by flygamer1
  • Like 2

nice movie I like this guys passion is classic hill billy guys who loving the gun  :D

I agree maybe .22 is need some adjust but not too much  ;)

We just talked about in the experimentalthread bout, so i just copy&paste my post in here. Your pro***ly right, it could take a mini-tune but nothin more, imho.

It has enough muzzle velocity to kill with a head shot. To the body I would think 5~7 is fine.

Edited by Estyles
  • Like 1

"I think the muzzle velocity is all wrong as people are reporting that the .22lr rounds are tracers"

Nope it's fine. For the rifle, at least. The problem is that they included the following line of code:

You can probably guess what that does...

nuTKKX0.gif

Tracers should occur if you chamber a single round. Loading full magazines should produce no tracers.

Thanks for this.

Hello there

I think there is alot of calibre snobbery but can one compare the effects of a 22 (or any round) on an Infected to the effect on a normal human?

Regardless, I consider the 22 a lethal round, if not a traditional "stopping" round.

If I get punched in the nose, or even step on a plug/lego that incapacitates me for a time. I think Bullet damage/shock should reflect that.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

With a standard 40 grain bullet you get 1,080 ft/s (330 m/s) 104 ft·lbf (141 J)

This kind of force should knock you on your ass so I hope at least it has high shock damage.

Edited by Estyles

One thing I've seen which I don't like is that some players are reporting the .22 is a "knock-out gun". Shoot someone in the head and they are simply knocked out for a short time.

Some people seem to like this concept because it allows for non-lethal incapacitation.

I think that's absolutely ridiculous, nonsensical, absurd, has no merit whatsoever, should be changed ASAP - if you want to be non-lethal, you shouldn't shoot people in the head!

• Like 9

The current .22lr damage in the experimental version is far to weak atm.

5~7 body shots to kill a zed and 2~3 head shots for a zed as well.

This is just so wrong with what a .22lr cartridge can do

.22lr accounts for the most firearm deaths in America each year. It is deadly with proper placement and this game should reflect that.

I think the muzzle velocity is all wrong as people are reporting that the .22lr rounds are tracers

http://i.imgur.com/N6DUcci.gif

If the bullets has the correct velocity you would not see them unless they actually were tracer rounds.

Yeah the Sporter is EXTREMELY disappointing and i not even sure i would take it for hunting to be honest especially if they put zombies all over the map and hordes even.

With a standard 40 grain bullet you get 1,080 ft/s (330 m/s) 104 ft·lbf (141 J)

This kind of force should knock you on your ass so I hope at least it has high shock damage.

As some one that has been hit by a .22 ( some one was Fing around back when I was in the boy scouts ), it does not have the power to knock any one on their ass, it can bring down a living target with the right shot placement but, if you're expecting some one to rag doll like they got hit with a shotgun at close range, yeah, you're in the wrong game.

• Like 8

Well i think the low noise made + ULTRA low recoil (like seriously that shits has less recoil than the M4) can do a good weapon for towns fights when u can't grab a m4 or want to be Snake.

Even if it needs 5 hits in the chest i think that if u spam it'll hit the target at 20m more than 50% of the time.

So for me it's a gun for low range

I like how they say you don't want to be shot at even with a .22 and the fact that in an apocalyptic situation/wasteland when you get shot in a vital area and don't get medical treatment asap ( there is no ER or ambulance ) you will die from the shot. It happened as they mentioned in the wild west and even one or the other US president or politician before the 1900s who was shot with a low powered weapon didn't instantly die, they took day(s) to pass away and weren't even in a condition to move, they were dying. You don't even want to be shot at with a pellet gun.

Well i think the low noise made + ULTRA low recoil (like seriously that shits has less recoil than the M4) can do a good weapon for towns fights when u can't grab a m4 or want to be Snake.

Even if it needs 5 hits in the chest i think that if u spam it'll hit the target at 20m more than 50% of the time.

That's the good thing about small calibers compared to bigger ones. You can place a lot of rounds on target increasing your chances of hitting a vital area if you need to. Of course it will not "throw you around" unless you are in a hollywood movie or if you are hit by a bat but it will definately have an effect.

Edited by Enforcer

Yeah but your at a disadvantage regardless if the person has an SKS or anything higher end caliber. Even an FNX will be more leathal.

Yeah but your at a disadvantage regardless if the person has an SKS or anything higher end caliber. Even an FNX will be more leathal.

Actually SKS has a massiv recoil and u can't basically spread your clip in a second at 20m. (not even talking about the noise of the SKS like 1km hearable lol)

Not saying that this 'll be a good weapon , but i might give it a try

As some one that has been hit by a .22 ( some one was Fing around back when I was in the boy scouts ), it does not have the power to knock any one on their ass, it can bring down a living target with the right shot placement but, if you're expecting some one to rag doll like they got hit with a shotgun at close range, yeah, you're in the wrong game.

I'd be fine with it taking 5~7 to the body and 1 to the head.

People posting videos of .22 or claiming it should be a deadly weapon need to actually own one and shoot living things with it.  

I have dumped 6 .22 thunderbolts into a woodchuck only to have it still waddle its ass around.  I felt fucking terrible and never used my .22 for anything but cans again.

.22, even higher charge rounds, are so pathetically weak that they can be surpassed by some air compression pellet guns in terms of efficiency.  They are very fun.  I would rather stab someone with a spear than try to shoot them to death with one.  9mm are notoriously bad as single or double shot weapons, why would you assume a .22 would be anything but an extremely weak weapon?

Is this a European thing?  No disrespect at all, but is this a situation where unfamiliarity leads to the assumption that all guns should be lethal as head wounds?

• Like 2

Where were you putting your shots? I've dropped a coyote with a .22LR at 20 yards with a headshot. Mangy bastard went down and didn't get up.

• Like 1

People posting videos of .22 or claiming it should be a deadly weapon need to actually own one and shoot living things with it.  

I have dumped 6 .22 thunderbolts into a woodchuck only to have it still waddle its ass around.  I felt fucking terrible and never used my .22 for anything but cans again.

.22, even higher charge rounds, are so pathetically weak that they can be surpassed by some air compression pellet guns in terms of efficiency.  They are very fun.  I would rather stab someone with a spear than try to shoot them to death with one.  9mm are notoriously bad as single or double shot weapons, why would you assume a .22 would be anything but an extremely weak weapon?

Is this a European thing?  No disrespect at all, but is this a situation where unfamiliarity leads to the assumption that all guns should be lethal as head wounds?

A .22 is almost all about shot placement. Put it in the right place and you are going to kill. I say mostly because if you put a round in a place where it can enter, but not exit, it is going to bounce around and ruin someone's day. Head and heart should be death, or at least close enough that you won't get up without serious medical attention. Assuming no protection on those areas.

• Like 2

There is nothing like less deadly or more deadly or overdeadly...either it hits you and you go down and never get up again or die from it after a few minutes/hours/days then anything with enough energy to do that is deadly. Even an arrow can kill you in the right spot. Doesn't matter if the projectile just puts two holes through your heart or desintegrates it because it is that powerful.

Into his fat little body.  I swapped to a 22-250.

Why would you bother trying to hunt a coyote with a .22?  I wouldn't even try with anything but a .223 or higher.  A .22 seems a bit inhumane!

Regardless, .22 are barely real guns.  Don't be surprised it is terrible.

I use a .22LR because it is (well, was, before the panic buying) cheap, lightweight, and only requires a FID license in Massachusetts to purchase, own and operate. I've used it on everything from squirrels up to that coyote, and it has been effective on everything so far. Shot placement is key. I like to get as close as possible, then put a hollowpoint through the dome-piece. Easy, humane, and effective. 

• Like 1

I think that's absolutely ridiculous, nonsensical, absurd, has no merit whatsoever, should be changed ASAP - if you want to be non-lethal, you shouldn't shoot people in the head!

I think what's even more ridiculous, is that you're knocking people down who are wearing ballistic helmets completely capable of defeating large numbers of HV .22 lr rounds...  Now consider that the Amphiban drops the speed of those HV supersonic rounds to well under the speed of sound and it gets even more absurd...

Now Maybe you actually hit the dude in the face, or the back of the neck, or the helmet was not "pristine"...  But a .22lr fired from either a 10/22 or the mkII Amphiban should be completely unable to penetrate the composite ballistic helmets seen in game.  The amount of energy transfer from the .22lr round to a persons head through the helmet would also not be enough to cause any form of serious "Concussive" injury as well...

Now if you hit someone in the head, and not the helmet, their brain should be turned to jello resulting in an obvious kill.

• Like 1

I use a .22LR because it is (well, was, before the panic buying) cheap, lightweight, and only requires a FID license in Massachusetts to purchase, own and operate. I've used it on everything from squirrels up to that coyote, and it has been effective on everything so far. Shot placement is key. I like to get as close as possible, then put a hollowpoint through the dome-piece. Easy, humane, and effective. 

Come to Maine son!  We don't have those Massachusetts laws!

I would generally prefer to have the caliber capable of killing with a body shot rather than needing to try for the head.