Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

Once upon a time in Balota, a medic was born...

So as I was aimlessly (no pun intended) picking off people in Balota a few minutes ago, I decided to fiddle around with my inventory. After emptying a ruined small protector case that I had just looted from a fresh kill, I discovered some ruined bandages. I happened to have a stick in my inventory. The following ensued:

7opbbIK.jpg

Morphine-shmorphine! From now on, it's just me, my ruined bandages, and my trusty sticks!

• Like 1

Don't glitch or hack. It's pathetic.

3959258+_afcf6a2cee16a43f5cd9755806e1980

But seriously, I'm reporting the bug now. Thank you for your stalwartness in these dark, alpha times, good sir.

You are the bandit queen of splints.

Edited by OR3GONIZ3D

Wow...just..wow.

Did that cause any frame drops?

Wow...just..wow.

He was playing on one of NASA's computers, so it only fell to around 3 fps.

Wow...just..wow.

Surprisingly, no, not at all. One of the reasons I kept making a metric fuckton of them when I found out I could do it was because I wanted to test a theory I heard about lag in cities being caused by the excessive amount of items within close proximity to one another. In my opinion, the item count has nothing to do with lag (at least for me) as I experienced no frame drops duplicating at least 200 splints, as well as the fact that even small villages like Msta cause me to lag almost to the same extent as Elektrozavodsk.

Interesting indeed.

I've been thinking that perhaps the drops come from the server having to generate a randomized set of loot in however many buildings per town. So basically the frames drop when the server is randomizing and generating the loot then placing it within the spawn points of each building and then sending all that data to the client.

I noticed I got major spikes when entering an untouched town. However if I spawn within the town after a server reset, the drop isn't as severe as it was when approaching.

I'm just speculating though. I really have no idea about how those sorts of things work.

For all I know it may have been a random occurrence. I haven't had time to try and replicate it.

Either way, I think I remember reading that rocket and team had possibly found what causes it so hopefully we'll get a fix 'soon'.

Chill out. Kick back. Smoke a splint.

Did I get that right?  :huh:

EDIT: I just got a hilarious image in my head of someone who's broken every bone in their body and this medic goes "I've got this!" and splints every freaking limb on the poor sod ending up in him walking like C3PO.

Edited by Strawman
  • Like 1

Don't glitch or hack. It's pathetic.

Are we not alpha testers? Are we not supposed to test the game for glitches?

• Like 2

So as I was aimlessly (no pun intended) picking off people in Balota a few minutes ago, I decided to fiddle around with my inventory. After emptying a ruined small protector case that I had just looted from a fresh kill, I discovered some ruined bandages. I happened to have a stick in my inventory. The following ensued:

7opbbIK.jpg

Morphine-shmorphine! From now on, it's just me, my ruined bandages, and my trusty sticks!

Haha is this the only place you have done this? Cus I was in NWAF yesterday (I think it was yesterday) And every building apart form the hangars was full of splints. I'm talking in the real world you wouldn't be able to enter the building because of the volume. Was usefull though, snagged a few for my journey!

Haha is this the only place you have done this? Cus I was in NWAF yesterday (I think it was yesterday) And every building apart form the hangars was full of splints. I'm talking in the real world you wouldn't be able to enter the building because of the volume. Was usefull though, snagged a few for my journey!

You trip a lot when you travel?

I can confirm this also works with saline bags. I AM THE ULTRA MEDIC NOW.

Haha no, but recently I've been playing with my nephew who has just got the game. Well every time he starts to piss me off, or starts to play weird, or hell just cus I'm bored I've developed a bad habit of shooting his character in the leg. And basically, I got sick of searching for sticks or morphine, or having to run back to the coast.

Plus with the glitches that still happen at times, it pays to be prepared! 

• Like 1

Haha no, but recently I've been playing with my nephew who has just got the game. Well every time he starts to piss me off, or starts to play weird, or hell just cus I'm bored I've developed a bad habit of shooting his character in the leg. And basically, I got sick of searching for sticks or morphine, or having to run back to the coast.

Plus with the glitches that still happen at times, it pays to be prepared!

My wife got mad at me for not sharing my popcorn the other night, so she shot me with her FNX. Needless to say, that wench (that I love so much:) had a long walk back to Balota to pick a .357 round out of her noggin.

I ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED SOME BEFORE I MADE IT. YOU SAID NO. SHIT WENT DOWN.

• Like 1