GriefSlicer (DayZ)

[DayZ Sound Replacement Video] Why Have you not hired this guy!?!?!

Upon looking for DayZ Standalone videos I found this legend of a guy who replaces/adds sounds to DayZ SA making the game just feel amazing. Please I am begging you put this guy on the team and I will be so happy  :beans:

this guy deserves beans  :beans:  

• Like 14

Looking at how BI have handled Arma III's development, sound tweaks are the very last thing they will start to fiddle with mate.
BI are only just "fixing" arma III sounds now, almost a half a year after release, so they might go down the same road with DayZ.

I agree, we should have sounds like this in the game, and im quite sure we will get them, but it will be far in the future :)

Edited by Byrgesen

I hope the sound engineer they hired is able to this or better. ;)

If they roll out the new audio in one big patch, say with vehicles as well. - We got a whole new ballgame.

he is amazing .The part 3 is just so ahead of the project

The person who made those videos has obviously NEVER shot a weapon indoors.

he is amazing .The part 3 is just so ahead of the project

Overlaying audio on top of footage takes a lot less work then making this work properly in-game.

• Like 8

Overlaying audio on top of footage takes a lot less work then making this work properly in-game.

Yup. I'm pretty sure that he just ripped them from somewhere else. I highly doubt that the guy actually created or recorded the sounds.

• Like 4

Yup. I'm pretty sure that he just ripped them from somewhere else. I highly doubt that the guy actually created or recorded the sounds.

Ah, yes is very likely to be true, but I hope in the future of DayZ there will be sounds like this. This guy really just shows a good example of what the game would be like if it had good sounds.

That doesn't actually make any difference.  Using stock sound recording is fine if they work, not everything needs to be created from scratch.

(assuming the correct licencing or similar is sort.)

• Like 2

That doesn't actually make any difference.  Using stock sound recording is fine if they work, not everything needs to be created from scratch.

(assuming the correct licencing or similar is sort.)

Well, yeah. The legal issues would be the main issue there.

Also with regards to the team hiring him, it's all good and well cut and pasting sounds over a video but actually implementing them into a game is a whole different kettle of fish.

• Like 4

as dean already stated, its not that easy to fit sounds in a dynamical enviroment as just laying them over a video. Sounds need to be processed (Distance/effects/etc)

Edited by Sloddor
  • Like 1

thats called "folying" when you create your own sounds, bands from the 70s and 80s were very successful in doing this, in games, gun sounds are generated by adding flanger to already current gunshots from older games and tweaking them, this means they dont have to own a firearms licence to do it themselves

This stuff is so amazing. If these sounds were ingame it would add so much more feels!

Upon looking for DayZ Standalone videos I found this legend of a guy who replaces/adds sounds to DayZ SA making the game just feel amazing. Please I am begging you put this guy on the team and I will be so happy  :beans:

this guy deserves beans  :beans:  

Maybe because they already have a sound designer? Different != better. Modders can always fiddle more and more on sounds, with more or less legal sources and more or less legal softwares. At some point the pros have to say "we are done with this".

Also use the search function OP.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

Does the OP not just mean that having these sorta sounds in the game would be good. Its all obvious hes just cutting and pasting over a video but I dont think thats the point. The point being these sort of dynamic noises in the game would be great. Obviously those are not real ingame sounds.

Hey just so you know, the guy who made this is actually a sound designer who has worked on some indie titles and he has made all these sounds himself or used sounds for which he has copyright, here's the quote:

"All the sounds have been designed from scratch utilising raw recordings from one of the following sources, my own personal field recordings, purchased professional raw library recordings, or for a handful of sounds - creative commons 0 content (for things I had no library material for or time to go out and record myself). Everything is either free of attribution & license requirement (my recordings and creative commons 0) , or , I own the licenses for and am able to distribute under the various EULA's agreed upon during purchase (various professional library recordings). So no, there are no license issues at all. Many thanks for the comment, appreciate it   :) ." 

Also he did just overlay the sounds manually, but still he is pretty damn awesome...

Hey just so you know, the guy who made this is actually a sound designer who has worked on some indie titles and he has made all these sounds himself or used sounds for which he has copyright, here's the quote:

"All the sounds have been designed from scratch utilising raw recordings from one of the following sources, my own personal field recordings, purchased professional raw library recordings, or for a handful of sounds - creative commons 0 content (for things I had no library material for or time to go out and record myself). Everything is either free of attribution & license requirement (my recordings and creative commons 0) , or , I own the licenses for and am able to distribute under the various EULA's agreed upon during purchase (various professional library recordings). So no, there are no license issues at all. Many thanks for the comment, appreciate it   :) ." 

Also he did just overlay the sounds manually, but still he is pretty damn awesome...

Still, you can OCD as long as you wish on something only when it's a hobby project.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

at first, I was against the idea of modders "finishing" dayZ, like Dean Hall and the Dev Blogs have hinted at.

these days, especially after re-playing modded games like Arma2/3 and Skyrim/Fallout...

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MODDERS TO TAKE OVER, and re-work and re-master the game.

please, devs, just please: make PRIVATED MODDED SERVERS WITH THEIR OWN HIVES A REALITY.

then I can just remove all the useless stuff that's padding the game and get some decent sound remixing, improved textures and physics and ACTUAL ZOMBIES.

actually, im gonna start working on the "actual zombie overhaul" mod right now...

Because all he did was pasting audio on gameplay vids? Using a video editor and putting sound clips isn't going to earn you a job inside a gaming studio in the audio department. Implementing audio INTO the game is an entirely different story and a whole set of headaches that an experienced sound designer that has studied for this line of work is suited for.

Edited by AntonioAJC

they are making a broader point

something like they want new sounds NAOW OMFG

If the ocean doesn't sound like an indie heavy metal band falling down a flight of stairs on a double-decker bus careening into a glass factory, I just don't think it would be DayZ.

• Like 3

If the ocean doesn't sound like an indie heavy metal band falling down a flight of stairs on a double-decker bus careening into a glass factory, I just don't think it would be DayZ.

certain sounds should be kept or remixed to pay homage, otherwise we need a new score and ambient music.

i know some sounds have been re-recorded already, but modders will get it done right.

i don't think sa currently has a sound engineer because there was no mention of him in the dev team office video.. i'm pretty sure all sounds are made by dean with pots and pans in his bathroom

• Like 2