yorkmorgan

Lets Talk Camo

So being a survival game set in woodlands and all the devs should seriously take advantage of the beautiful graphics of the standalone to implement a proper camouflage system. ATM we only have one camo variant, the game should have MANY as there are so many awesome camouflages used by the Russian military: flecktarn, SURPAT, spectre etc. and so many used globally (CADPAT got to be the coolest). There should be face paint in military bases, we should be able to stuff leaves into our hats, craft leave nets and even basic gillie outfits (by no means easily).

I'll make it clear I'm not calling for any of this now, now they need to fix loot, but an advanced camo system should really be implemented at some point if only to do justice to the amazing work the art team have done on the Chernarus+ Map.

btw also check out Zjasuu's post:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/178064-flecktarn-camo/

• Like 5

I would enjoy seeing camouflage variants. Nice idea, just wrong section for the forums. Try Suggestions instead.

Edited by Mocha Loco

I assume more camo variants will pop up as the development progresses. We still have probably 9 months of alpha left.

Seems more like a suggestion than general discussion.

sorry never even noticed the suggestion section! Any way I can move it?

Very nice suggestion, I like it! :) But of course they need to focus on more important things. 

Although low priority, I hope we see more variety in military equipment in terms of camouflage. I hope at least camos like Flecktarn and CADPAT can make it soon.

Also...

RO9653.jpg

Ballistic helmets with camouflage pls! :P

Edited by AntonioAJC

I've found White Leather Shoes, I can only assume this is what you're talking about.  So that when we go to the formals we can wear our dress uniforms.

plzthx. although for awhile I was just wearing the tactical shirts and cargo pants. Now I just go with check shirts and jeans.

Edited by escobert

I dont see us getting much in the way of more camo until this game gets mod support, and then it will explode onto the modding community and we will see all sorts of things added in from Amra 2 and 3 as well as custom made content.

I cant wait for the SA to get modded onto a different map.. anything other than Chernarus. I have the map so memorized I dont even need light anymore let alone a map, compass, gps, etc.. I can just play in the dark and still find my way and that just is wrong to me. I need a new location to play in other than Chern.. its getting a little stale on me after all this time (from mods to SA)

Edited by lrish

No more camo, please and thanks.

Wondering why you wouldn't like to see a variance in the camo? Not everyone wants to look exactly the same and still be able blend in well. Also I'm not really a fan of the TTsKO pants/jacket anyways.

Wondering why you wouldn't like to see a variance in the camo? Not everyone wants to look exactly the same and still be able blend in well. Also I'm not really a fan of the TTsKO pants/jacket anyways.

Some people do not like having a round go through their head without warning. ;) 

I'd like to see a TTSKO helmet cover like the zombies have, just for cool factor. Other than that some handmade strips of ghillie (not military quality, the ones that snipers take ages to hand craft properly, just like a torn up sack stuck to your helmet.) Despite what a lot of people say, blending into the environment is as much a lone non-KOS survival tactic as it is a bandit military squad one.

Edited by Hells High
  • Like 2

I'd like to see a TTSKO helmet cover like the zombies have, just for cool factor. Other than that some handmade strips of ghillie (not military quality, the ones that snipers take ages to hand craft properly, just like a torn up sack stuck to your helmet.) Despite what a lot of people say, blending into the environment is as much a lone non-KOS survival tactic as it is a bandit military squad one.

You don't want anything like this?

ghillie1ck5.jpg

• Like 1

You don't want anything like this?

-snip-

Haha no I'm thinking something more like this:

DSC06521.jpg

Just helps to break up the silhouette of the helmet. You could even do the same to your pack or other parts of clothing, which would be pretty cool.

• Like 2

Yep, strips of any material that's going to make you blend into the background or break up your silhouette.

How about beign able to camo our faces and hands with Camo paint?

When i did service,it was a nessecity to have theese.

camostick.jpg
CAMOfacePaint2.jpg
  • Like 1

Wait, are we still wanting DayZ or Arma 4?  I'm really starting to get confused here

• Like 1

Wait, are we still wanting DayZ or Arma 4?  I'm really starting to get confused here

i seriously think that if you raid a military base after an apocalypse you will find tons of that stuff lying around in lockers,warehouses etc.Much more common and realistic than running across a working M4.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

i seriously think that if you raid a military base after an apocalypse you will find tons of that stuff lying around in lockers,warehouses etc.Much more common and realistic than running across a working M4.

Yes because the military left everything behind and mysteriously vanished :rolleyes: .  Don't get me wrong, I am for "some" military gear, but that's all people through around these forums.  Jesus christ, there is way to much hoorah going on around here.  Ball caps, bike, football and hockey helmets I think would and should be way more common than looking like a marine.