Sign in to follow this  
leefriendfield

The Ruger MKII Is Coming, But Whats It Like?

What is the pistol like, I know it fires a .22 caliber bullet which isn't very powerful beyond killing birds and squirrels but to someone like myself who has never fired this gun can anyone who has tell us what its use might be for a weapon in DayZ. 

Here is a picture of the Ruger MKII @ctorchia 

BhzTuzCIIAEIvXn.jpg

Edited by LeeFriendField
  • Like 1

Its plenty to kill someone.

i think the benefits of this would be its very quiet, it can kill someone with a headshot or seriously injure them with a few body shots.

I think it should be a common spawn

Also very effective for ninjas

• Like 4

^ True.

Since it has a built in supressor (and this one works, since the on/off state of the others is the problem ;) ) it will be the first silent firearm, and for sure it will be a very common spawn in the beginning for testing purposes, but will be reduced very fast...

I'm going to use it to shoot zombies in the head, and shoot everyone else in the legs. 

• Like 2

From a New Vegas experience I say that this weapon, is shit. Well, I'm going to give it a break, since the game has the health bar functionality. I guess you have to get up close and personal for the weapon to kill the person.

One shot kill for a headshot is likely- as long as your target is without a helmet. The .22 is perfect for multiple shots because of low recoil, and we should get more ammo per slot due to the small bullets. Probably going to be really good for suppressed zombie killing or sneaking up on a sniper.

• Like 1

I'm going to use it to shoot zombies in the head, and shoot everyone else in the legs. 

Best use so far

Oh sweet, was one of my favorite pistols in the mod ( celle) almost sd when fired, was enough for one shot kill to head like any i guess. Loved it most due to very high stability when fired.

I'm going to guess that, damage-wise, it will probably suck. However, the ability to be silent and take out zeds without ringing the 'bandit dinner bell' will make it worth it to carry.

Along with the 10/22, the MKII will be useful when hunting is implemented- conserve your larger caliber ammo for zeds/players and hunt "wabbits" with the .22 stuff.

• Like 3

^ True.

Since it has a built in supressor (and this one works, since the on/off state of the others is the problem ;) ) it will be the first silent firearm, and for sure it will be a very common spawn in the beginning for testing purposes, but will be reduced very fast...

It does not have a built-in suppressor.  It just has a longer barrel for accuracy and the fact that it shoots .22LR rounds.  It will not be silent but it will definitely be a lot quieter than any of the other non-suppressed firearms currently in the game.

• Like 1

From a New Vegas experience I say that this weapon, is shit. Well, I'm going to give it a break, since the game has the health bar functionality. I guess you have to get up close and personal for the weapon to kill the person.

LOL

that statement...

• Like 2

also there are internally suppressed variants of the mk2.

One of which is used by navy seals...LOL

pew pew pew

deebz:

^ True.

...because reading is overrated?

It does not have a built-in suppressor.  It just has a longer barrel for accuracy and the fact that it shoots .22LR rounds.  It will not be silent but it will definitely be a lot quieter than any of the other non-suppressed firearms currently in the game.

Hello there

To me, from the build and a little experience with suppressors, it does look as it has an integrated suppressor system.

I'm not challenging you or anything but  although the weapon is physically longer the actual "barrel" length (sans suppressor) should be the same.

22's will make it very "quiet" in comparison to non supp larger calibers.

If you can correct me, please do. Ive got a soft spot for Rugers. :)

rgds

LoK

also there are internally suppressed variants of the mk2.

One of which is used by navy seals...LOL

pew pew pew

Why would there be an integrally suppressed Ruger MKII in Chernarus?  This makes about as much sense as finding jacked up Chevy 4x4's on 44" tires.

Am I the only one able to read the DevTracker?

[–]KimmoUK 35 Punkte

2 Tagenzuvor

Is that the Ruger MkII pistol in the picture? If so, looks incredible!

[–]Scubaman3DDayZ Art Lead 46 Punkte

2 Tagenzuvor

with integral suppressor ;)

[–]Scubaman3DDayZ Art Lead 11 Punkte

1 Tag zuvor

The issue with 'suppressors' has been addressed dozens of times already by people more knowledgeable than me. This gun, however, will not be affected by that issue since the suppressed state is default, as others have already replied to you. For now, we are unable to swap between unsuppressed and suppressed states.

Edited by LaughingJack
  • Like 1

I didn't read the dev tracker but that isn't going to keep me from thinking it is a piss poor idea to have the suppressed version of the Ruger MKII in DayZ.  Next thing you know, we will be testing out remote controlled missles.

The variant of the MKII we are getting ingame (as shown in the screens in the op) is most certainly, 100%, the integrally supressed Ruger MKII...  It most certainly will be silecned, and has already been confirmed as such and SHOULD drop the .22lr ammo to subsonic speads when it leaves the barrel.  It should still be capable of getting tight groupings at well over 70m if you're a good shot, which in terms of pistols, is very impressive.

FYI, I've linked two pictures below.  The first is of a Ruger mkII with 10 inch barrel, the second is of a Ruger mkII with an integral suppressor.  See the difference?  The majority of the length forward of the trigger in the second picture is actually silencer, made up of over 300 "baffles".

orig.jpg

may16015.jpg

Edited by taco86
  • Like 2

^ True.

Not sure about this one... The version Dean tweeted looks like a cross between the suppressed one and the regular, bull barrel variety (which I've shot a LOT). The suppressed barrel is a little thicker than the rest of the pistol, and the regular bull barrel is a little thinner. I think this is supposed to be an internally suppressed Mk II, which would then be pretty quiet.

I didn't read the dev tracker but that isn't going to keep me from thinking it is a piss poor idea to have the suppressed version of the Ruger MKII in DayZ.  Next thing you know, we will be testing out remote controlled missles.

sry pal, didn't mean you with that. But well, maybe a non-surpressed variant will come as well and the surpressed one is here to have at least one weapon with a working surpressor? Just my thoughts^^

The variant of the MKII we are getting ingame (as shown in the screens in the op) is most certainly, 100%, the integrally supressed Ruger MKII...  It most certainly will be silecned, and has already been confirmed as such and SHOULD drop the .22lr ammo to subsonic speads when it leaves the barrel.

FYI, I've linked two pictures below.  The first is of a Ruger mkII with 10' barrel, the second is of a Ruger mkII with an integral suppressor.  See the difference?

Just for you:

[–]KimmoUK 35 Punkte

2 Tagen zuvor

Is that the Ruger MkII pistol in the picture? If so, looks incredible!

[–]Scubaman3DDayZ Art Lead 46 Punkte

2 Tagen zuvor

with integral suppressor ;)

[–]Scubaman3DDayZ Art Lead 11 Punkte

1 Tag zuvor

The issue with 'suppressors' has been addressed dozens of times already by people more knowledgeable than me. This gun, however, will not be affected by that issue since the suppressed state is default, as others have already replied to you. For now, we are unable to swap between unsuppressed and suppressed states.

Ahh, Taco86 found a match, I believe! So the version we're getting is the internally suppressed Mk II. Cool! Should be very useful for quietly dispatching zombies, and unsuspecting snipers above Elektro.

Very nice guns, by the way, as far as .22 plinkers go. Not a competition grade gun (at least not here in Europe, in the US, where they don't really do "race guns" it might be), but nice to shoot and very accurate at 25-50m as long as the shooter does his part. 

Edited by Rickenbacker

People who seem to think the .22 is only enough to kill rabbits and birds are going to be in for a real surprise...

• Like 1