mrfus

what is the best approach for entering small towns?

I have being playing for a while and I'm starting to get familiar with the game and the mechanics of survival...

I know that entering big cities is a dangerous thing and i should be sneaky but what about small groups of houses?

I was attacked by a zombie while trying to move prone at the edge of the forest looking a small group of houses, so now I'm not sure if i should be more bold and just approach the houses more openly and fight the zombies on a open field for easy moving or keep trying to sneak around even if is a small area but take my chances and get stuck on a corner while being attacked...

I will like to know your opinions!

Scope out smaller towns at a minimum. Move in different ways, depending on the weapon you have.

I have being playing for a while and I'm starting to get familiar with the game and the mechanics of survival...

I know that entering big cities is a dangerous thing and i should be sneaky but what about small groups of houses?

I was attacked by a zombie while trying to move prone at the edge of the forest looking a small group of houses, so now I'm not sure if i should be more bold and just approach the houses more openly and fight the zombies on a open field for easy moving or keep trying to sneak around even if is a small area but take my chances and get stuck on a corner while being attacked...

I will like to know your opinions!I just started today played for 2 hours sticking to small towns was running in and closing the door behind me but the zombies just walked through the walls lucky enough I had a ake to fight them off.so just go for it without sneaking up to the small towns I found some food and water there also.

I would observer the town for a while first, best from different angles. Depending on how often the server restarts, you can also check if there are open doors since many players don't care enough to shut them after their looting. Basicly anything that helps you get an advantage is neat.

Caution is always good. Particularly regarding other human beings--the KOS crowd is the biggest threat. If you're sure the town is empty of bandits and other survivors, I'd move cautiously but perhaps not prone as the super-vigilant-long-distance-runner undead will get aggro regardless of how you approach. And you don't want to be caught on your belly. The way the game is atm, stealth is best employed when humans are presumed present.

Another tip: if you get charged by an undead thing, try to fight it outside rather than inside a house. Less chance of glitches...

• Like 1

Just running in balls deep seems to work out for me.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Basically, if you see closed doors and surrounding, idle zombies, you don't have to worry about anyone camping within the perimeter. It means no one has been around since the restart.

• Like 1

That's exactly what happened! I get caught prone by the zombie and almost died, after I take care of him my screen was b/w and I was bleeding bad, fortunately in my inventory there are some rags from a shirt that I found before and was able to stop the bleeding before going unconscious, I found some sardines and there is a water source nearby so end up refilling my canteen and camping on a hill close to the houses (not close enough to get a surprise visit form my zombie friend again!)... my health is almost back to fine after maybe 45-70 minutes on resting with hydrated and energized status.

I'm thinking to pay a visit to the town again to see what spawned and to refill my canteen again, but this time i'm going to walk slow on the open with my axe ready!

That's exactly what happened! I get caught prone by the zombie and almost died, after I take care of him my screen was b/w and I was bleeding bad, fortunately in my inventory there are some rags from a shirt that I found before and was able to stop the bleeding before going unconscious, I found some sardines and there is a water source nearby so end up refilling my canteen and camping on a hill close to the houses (not close enough to get a surprise visit form my zombie friend again!)... my health is almost back to fine after maybe 45-70 minutes on resting with hydrated and energized status.

I'm thinking to pay a visit to the town again to see what spawned and to refill my canteen again, but this time i'm going to walk slow on the open with my axe ready!

Move along the treeline, and move fast. Movement is survival. If you don't move, you are inefficient. And then you die.

As it came into view I would look for open doors and zombies. Both can tell you if someone's been through the town and how completely it was looted. After deciding if it's worth searching I zoom in (or scope it if I have a decent weapon) and take a closer look while moving towards it. I play FP so this style is safer than it would be with third person enabled. Once in town I check the area for a well and try to quietly draw any zombies to me. I take them down and start looting.

• Like 2

Again I am really new to this game but I was in a few small towns when I found a barn I walked up the stairs and found a rifle mosin with 9 bullits could not believe my luck and also found a box with 20 rounds. I then was in a house when I opened the door there were 2 zombies outside they didn't see me so I took out the gun took aim and the gun just clicked when i pressed fire I was like wtf the zombies then seen me, I kept trying to use the gun but it was too late.i then seen on a post you need a mag for the gun is this true and were would I have found one??

also the med box in a house do you need to open them or just press inventory when facing them.

I haven't been in possesion of a mosin so far as I have a M4 with enough ammo and a revolver. With the M4 you need to have magazines with bullets in them. Loading works via dragging and dropping or just with "r" if you have a full magazin in your inventory. To fill the magazin you have to drag the bullets in it and an option for loading the magazine will pop up. This only works when the magazine isn't attached to the M4.

You can also chamber single rounds if you haven't got any magazines but then you will have only one shot at a time. This should work with your Mosin, just drag the bullets on the Mozin in the inventory. 

So the point is that just having bullets in your inventory isn't enough ;)

EDIT: I just realize that we are in the mod section of the forum... all of the above was for the SA. Which makes sense since the mosin only appears in the SA... right..? :D

Edited by GoTo2k

Are we on the MOD section? Hahaha... well we are far from home then!

I start the thread on the wrong part of the forum.

Smartphone screen