kicktd

Tents still duping/losing items 1.7.1.5

Date/Time: 6/23/2012 - 6/24/2012 3:00PM GMT-4

What happened: Placed tent, didn't like the location "packed" it up and moved it to a better location. Put items in tent (Camo sniper rifle + some ammo for it, 2 NVGs, 2 range finders and some misc. items.) saved tent at least 3 times to make sure it saved on server. Logged off. Played on another server for a bit. Come back to my tent location on original server today and see 2 tents in my location, the 1st one before I packed it up and the 2nd in the new location, neither had my gear in so lost all gear but was able to pack up my old tent still, as well as my new one.

Where you were: In the forest.

What you were doing: Camping, putting up a tent and storing items.

*Current installed version: 1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: US23

*Your system specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T, nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 12GB DDR3 Ram

*Timeline of events before/after error: Found camping spot, pitched tent, didn't like location, packed tent up, moved tent to better location not far from original spot, put gear in tent, saved tent a couple of times and hung around to make sure it saved, logged off server for awhile. Joined another server later, played for a bit, logged off. Logged back on today and went to camp site, found 2 tents (first one I packed and new one) but no gear in either tent. So now I'm +1 tent but down gear :-/.

• Like 11

Same thing happened to me on Seattle34, saved the tent like 6 times, logged off, came back on 6 hours later, and everything I put inside was gone and I could no longer packup the tent. I am pretty sure nobody looted it because my ATV was left untouched, and still had it's items in it, and it was 5 ft from the tent. Also 6 hours is pretty quick for a tent to be raided so I'm pretty sure it bugged out, cost me some great gear.

my advice is to not use that tent anymore, because its gonna delete your gear every time, i lost a m249 night vision gps etc because the tent keeps deleting the items inside even when you pack it and place it on the other side of the map.

hi to everybody,

we (my clanmates and me) have the same thing on germany 16 server. We had 4 tents full of items and weapons, like M107!!!!, M24, DMR, FN-Fal with nightvision, ammo , food and medical stuff.

Yesterday the Server had a long down time and when he started the tents were still there but all the stuff inside were gone.

Its really annoying.

We hope on of the comming update will fix it.

best regard

BlackBeret

confirm,lost my m249 with damn 5 packs of ammo with it.so annoying.

i can confirm this too. we had put up 2 tents really close to each other and parked a bicycle nearby on a small slope. it was the first time we encountered that its not a good idea to park vehicles in locations which are not plain, because otherwise they will get buggy and hopping downwards the hill sometimes until they stop when they arrive a plain. over night the bicycle was hopping down the hill exactly trough our 2 tents and crushed them. tents gone - loot gone. but after the next server restart the 2 tents were up again, still no stuff in them but usable. i paked them and put them in a car. after next server restart 2 new tents were up again in the exact positions where i packed them before. but then they were not packable anymore..

Same here placed 3 tents, placed gear in em log back in a day later 2 completely empty other perfectly saved. Breaking my head over how the f* that can happen but hey it does happen.

An other separate incident where me and some friends where ambushed and lost 2 buddies. So I set up a tent a bit off in the forest and moved all their gear to it, saved and started moving shit to our base. First trip back tent brand spanking clean. No way anyone found and moved all those items out in the time it took us to get back

Our Tent eats its inventory too! many carparts in it! pretty annoying! And also my friend destroyed another tent, driving against it with motorcycle. All invetory lost too! But now the tent respawns after every server reset, with a little ammo in it!(before destroying there were Food supplys in it!?

Our Tent eat our Heli Crash Raids. 2 AS50, 1 Fal M249 with a lot of ammo. thats realy annoying

I haven't had it delete my items, but my tents have been duping too. It happens to me when I place a tent, then pack it up (didn't like the spot), and moved it. When I came back to the server the next day, I had a tent in the first spot I tried to set up the tent. Again I didn't lose any of the items I put in the other tent though

same here... for us its everytime the server restarts we get 3 or 4 tents and everything is gone what was inside. server restarts every 4 hours. this didnt happen a few days ago (last weekend). sitting on 12+ tents now... I think it started with the new betapatch wich i dont use cause of arma X.

On the other side, tents can also duplicate items.

I stowed my alice pack inside my tent, and headed out bare-backed in order to find another pack. Logged out. When I logged back in, I had my alice pack and gear on me, and assumed I derped. Went back to the tent and found that there was a copy of the alice pack in the tent.

Yay, free alice packs.

Same happened with me, had 3 tents full of stuff which I put up 10hours ago, today logged in everything was empty. If someone had raided it, I doubt they would have picked every single food and drink ect.

I accidentally duped like 6 tents in the same spot over top of each other while trying to get it to plant the one. Very odd glitch.

Having similar issues on EU28 / ES1.

Had over 8 tents eat all their gear upon a server restart or two.

Love the idea of tents, just wish you could actually trust them to store gear relatively safely.

• Like 1

Ive had this happen on multiple servers, same experience as the original poster. Place a tent, move it, store items, log out within 15 mins. Upon entering again the next day all items gone and two packable tents are there. I packed one tent on one server and store items again in the still placed one without moving it,, newly stored items stayed but another tent appeared as well.

Happened to me and my group. Around 14 tents of mega weapons saved up from weeks along with several vehicles.

Come on next day 5 vehicles gone and some tents lost all loot, Thought we got robbed but then why take everything in some tents and not other good guns and vehicles.

Then all tents lost items so we asked the server admin to look into it. All fixed, except vehicles.

Next day everything was gone. Set up new tents on another server yestarday, lost all items again... pointless.

This is a rather annoying bug. It seems HIVE saves the tent location when it's placed but doesn't save the fact that the tent has been removed / destroyed.

I placed a tent in a position that gave our camp away (visible from a distance) so I moved it. After every server restart that tent re-appears.

I have to pack up the tent every restart to hide our camp, it has also left me with a pile of duplicated tents.

This is also the problem with barbed wire / tank traps / sandbags. HIVE doesn't save their removal, only placement. This is part of the reason every server is CLUTTERED.

Need fix ASAP.

Same thing happened to my group and I.

We found a nice and hidden location and started to set up 2 tents so that we could stash all of our loot (which included a M107 with 10 magazines, a DMR, a silenced MP5, 2 rangefinders, 2 pairs of NVG's, a ghillie suit, several silenced M9's, a Coyote Backpack, and a truckload of food, drink, and medical supplies--it took around a week of playing to accumulate so much loot). However, when I was placing the second tent, I placed it in a poor location so I decided to take it down and replace it in a better spot. After all was done, my group and I went back to doing what we normally do--loot and raid towns.

After about 3 hours of playing we had found more loot worth stashing in our tents. We then ventured back to our camp location, only to see 3rd tent next to our previously placed 2 tents. Unaware of the bug, we freaked out and our immediate response was that our camp location had been compromised and that all our loot was gone. It wasn't. This was very confusing, and despite all of our loot still being in our first 2 tents, we decided to move servers and locations in order to insure that our loot would be safe.

We then found a better location, and after unpacking and repacking several tents, we had an almost invisible camp. Nobody was going to find our tents. After around 30 minutes of transferring our loot to a different server, we logged off content that nobody was getting their bandit hands on the loot we spent so long to acquire.

The next day (around 12 hours later), I logged on next to our camp location only to see tents everywhere. In a panic I quickly looked through all of the tents only to find that our loot was gone. My first thought was that all the glitched tents that had spawned made our camp noticeable to scavenging bandits, but after taking some time to breath and think, I realized that something wasn't right. I then started to suspect that this was a bug, and that tents were reappearing in places that people had previously taken them down, and that since the tents were bugged, our loot had likely disappeared.

Everything was gone from our tents. Even the more menial items that no bandit would even want to take--not to mention that the sheer amount of items we had would take a long time to loot and relocate. And regardless of the amount of tents cluttering our camp, it would still be very unlikely that a bandit found our camp, especially in only 12 hours.

This topic confirms my suspicions. Sorry for the novel, I just figured I'd write down exactly what happened, in the most detailed manner possible.

I really hope this bug is fixed soon, but it is extremely discouraging to have a weeks worth of loot scavenging just disappear to a bug. It also nearly nullifies my favorite DayZ playstyle.

I've also run into this several times now. The tent duping where you put it down, pack it up and it reappears has been in for atleast a month. The tents losing items tho... I never had an issue with that before yesterday.

We came across a BAF offroad that we, well, stole :) We brought it back to our site, found a heli crash site on the way, stuffed some loot into the BAF.

Next day, BAF is there, but completely empty.

As we were moving servers, our tents were still on another one.

Last night, I moved one tent over and moved some items into it.

This morning, tent is wiped again...

As I said, never had this issue prior to the past 1-2 days, and we've used a LOT of tents...

Edit: The tents on the other server which were put up almost a week ago, have no issues what so ever.

We logged in this morning and found our tents completely empty - They were full of weapons raided from various camps (3x SVD camo, 4x NV FAL, 2x M107s, tons of other weapons and ammo)

One of the vehicles next to the tents was also completely empty, though two of the others still had their items.