rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

How can you know that nobody was there before? I haven't seen less food on experimental servers. Where did you look exactly? If nobody had been there, you would have found food at least in the offices. If there was none, somebody went there before. Maybe he closed the doors, that's what I do.

Yes sometimes on experimental servers you won't be able to find food, even if you go to little villages and isolated farms so don't listen to dgeesio. But something like that never happen after a server restart or when servers are not full, and they were not yesterday.

Edited by Karakoz
  • Like 1

7jTLi.png

:(

giphy.gif

I hoped on it for today but everything for a better update.

• Like 1

7jTLi.png

:(

giphy.gif

I hoped on it for today but everything for a better update.

tumblr_inline_mxo2wxWlIS1qjgavc.gif

Please stop the stupid replies. There is NO UPDATE TODAY, no experimental update, no stable update. The scheduled maintenance is COMPLETE. You have an official website http://dayzgame.com/ and all the updates have always been announced on the TWITTER account and displayed on http://dayzgame.com/. Just read it and stop asking if there will be something today.

I don't recall any of the devs saying that there WON'T be an update to experimental branch today. I've seen updates roll in at peak activity times (like 6-7 pm CET) before, so there's no reason why that couldn't happen today. Still waiting for official confirmation though, either way.

I've still got hope.

• Like 4

I don't recall any of the devs saying that there WON'T be an update to experimental branch today. I've seen updates roll in at peak activity times (like 6-7 pm CET) before, so there's no reason why that couldn't happen today. Still waiting for official confirmation though, either way.

I've still got hope.

Yeah, I thought that too. Holding on for an update, I guess.

• Like 2

I've still got hope.

You got right. Exp update will come today. The said they will update Stable on Friday and Exp today. Thats what Hicks said.

• Like 1

No question is a stupid question! "Stupid" is not questioning, suggesting or commenting....

Besides asking doesn't offend anyone unless you grew up narrow minded!

• Like 1

Why the fuck is so dark in London at 17:00 PM?

Admins, turn on the light pls :D

* UK server at ~17.00 PM

It's set in fictional russia, not london. That'd be why.

I don't recall any of the devs saying that there WON'T be an update to experimental branch today. I've seen updates roll in at peak activity times (like 6-7 pm CET) before, so there's no reason why that couldn't happen today. Still waiting for official confirmation though, either way.

All updates were scheduled. If they missed the opportunity to make an update during scheduled maintenant, why would they do an update today? This is ridiculous. Did they announced a 0.38 version for experimental? No. So if there had been an update on experimental, it would have been a very tiny and almost useless update.

You got right. Exp update will come today. The said they will update Stable on Friday and Exp today. Thats what Hicks said.

actually hicks never stated that, please do us all a favour - stop spreading more rumours/confusion then we got already.

Edited by Guest

All updates were scheduled. If they missed the opportunity to make an update during scheduled maintenant, why would they do an update today? This is ridiculous. Did they announced a 0.38 version for experimental? No. So if there had been an update on experimental, it would have been a very tiny and almost useless update.

The Stable build update has been postponed until Friday.

Experimental version N° will not change until after the Stable Build has been released.

• Like 1

speculate and build your own opinion - could be a interim stage like they did on all expbuilds waiting for release, 6 minutes ago:

HbQ96f3.png

Edited by Guest

build you'R own opinion:

HbQ96f3.png

I assume exp. will get updated today, hopefully, and stable will be updated to 0.37. I know it seems funny that exp. is getting updated before stable, but do we actually know what's going on at the moment. I hope we do get an update though.

The Stable build update has been postponed until Friday.

Experimental version N° will not change until after the Stable Build has been released.

But then again Hicks just posted this on Twitter: "We're just working on squashing one last issue before pushing to exp." Replying to the followingg question: "Is this still in the works for today, or is it getting postponed like the stable branch? I'm optimistic! :D"

Does this mean they are gonna update experimental without changing the version number?

It means they are laughing seeing us getting frustrated and mad about updates.

That's why they never give clear informations when those are needed ;)

• Like 1

Seriously... it's really not a problem if you need another two days. It's an Alpha, I know, no problem.

But WHY is it so hard to talk to us?

Until now (!1!!) nobody has managed to change what is called the "official Devblog". 

FG8k6WY.png

I understand that everyone is busy and the devs have literally "more important stuff" to do.

But it takes only 60 damn seconds to click on "Add new post", write "Yo guys, We are sorry, we found an unexpected bug and will need another two days! :/" and click "Submit". 

Since the last Video claimed that they are douberling the number of people working on DayZ, I personally hope that they'll add in one or two Community Managers...!

Edited by DerDuderich
  • Like 4

Does this mean they are gonna update experimental without changing the version number?

As a rule yes.

Experimental is the test platform for future Stable releases.

Up until about 10 days ago there were only a handful of public servers for testing purposes.

I believe the total is now 34 public.

Additional or modified mission data may be added to correct or optimise as well as modifications to the Hive system, this does not require a change of build version N°.

That's why they never give clear informations when those are needed ;)

Not so, I can see them not laughing and giving clear information as and when.

If the update to the Experimental is good to go it will be released, if not, well tomorrows another day.

• Like 1

Yes the scheduled maintenance for stable branch is finished. That has nothing to do with the experimental branch. I asked Hicks on twitter earlier and he said they're still working on getting it out [today?]

That's why they never give clear informations when those are needed  ;)

Usually, as mentioned earlier in this thread, it's because of unexpected issues appearing. I completely understand that they're not saying anything when they don't have any specifics to offer. Have a sandwich and relax, they never promised you real-time updates.

Edited by Sinnaman

Hello everyone, I have a quick question. The last 2 wednesday (day that supposedly was the update day) I haven't got any updates to my stable version. Is something wrong with my client? or there actually hasn't been any updates?

The current update is postponed until this friday. 18.00 Central European Time (my time) I believe.

Edited by Danlow