rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

Chest holster could go under a down jacket though. Could make animation take slightly longer to get pistol out due to having to unzip jacket first

a chest holster under the jacket like a down jacket anyway would be useless and you'd just get killed trying to draw it 

Where are the Asia Experimental Servers?  I'd love to test!

Idea:  You should be able to cut up camo netting with knife and using a sewing kit, camouflage clothing items such as helmets and backpack.  Maybe even going so far as a ghillie suit.

Edited by Starkvix

Yes, but it's just beans and they are not in a glass container.

Я предлагаю сделать разнообразие и реализм стекло после удара пули разбито а алюминевая тара не портится после попадания пули или удар топора Также консервы найденые в домах не обязательно из алюминевой тары больше всего местные жители пользуются стеклянной тарой и консервируют то что выращивают на садовом участке или выращивая животных консервируют мясо, грибы, фрукты.

You think you can write in Russian using google translate and no one would notice?

Hmm found boonie hat, game seems a tad smoother, but sadly the bug, where you are invisible is there.

I mean the one, where your body can be seen stuck somewhere while you continue moving further, but nobody sees you (only the stuck body is visible).

Very very annoying but yeah, that's experimental branch.

• Like 1

Maybe fix more wooden stick? search the hole forrest still no wooden stick!  <_<  <_<  

Maybe fix more wooden stick? search the hole forrest still no wooden stick!  <_<  <_<  

Sticks spawn in buildings not in forests from my experience :P

Sticks spawn in buildings not in forests from my experience :P

i was ironic :|  i mean Wooden stick shold spawn in forest, near trees  :P

Edited by Jcswe
  • Like 1

i was ironic :|  i mean Wooden stick shold spawn in forest, near trees  :P

You should be able to hack a bit on a tree and get sticks from it since we can already chop down some of the bushes.

Graphics: HDR improved and tweaked slightly to perform better with bright lights in scene (i.e. flashlights etc...)

Graphics: Engine supported point source light objects (e.g. Gaslamp) now working correctly

Both good ideas but pointless unless you lock down gamma and clouds settings to the server same as grass.

No point using a flashlight if you can just increase the gamma or turn on or off the clouds to make it almost daytime.

• Like 1

Graphics: HDR improved and tweaked slightly to perform better with bright lights in scene (i.e. flashlights etc...)
Graphics: Engine supported point source light objects (e.g. Gaslamp) now working correctly

Both good ideas but pointless unless you lock down gamma and clouds settings to the server same as grass.
No point using a flashlight if you can just increase the gamma or turn on or off the clouds to make it almost daytime.

Indeed. Also I want to say that night time should appear randomly like rain so players to be forced from time to time to play at night. This is and will always be the biggest challenge for survivors. Fear of night... Too bad that players can choose the daytime... Too bad.

• Like 1

About gamma. Yes it is needed for some monitors, but you devs could limit the range between a certain minimum and maximum to avoid cheating.

About gamma. Yes it is needed for some monitors, but you devs could limit the range between a certain minimum and maximum to avoid cheating.

Think about how many people will stop playing night-time altogether if they nerf the gamma-"cheat". Heck, there's barely anyone playing night-time as is!

Night vision would be a requirement. Else you'd be walking through a forest, then stuck in a tree not even realizing it, and wondering.. Hmmm, I've been walking for 3 hours now, shouldn't I be out of this fucking forest by now?

Edited by kadude
  • Like 1

Think about how many people will stop playing night-time altogether if they nerf the gamma-"cheat". Heck, there's barely anyone playing night-time as is!

Night vision would be a requirement. Else you'd be walking through a forest, then stuck in a tree not even realizing it, and wondering.. Hmmm, I've been walking for 3 hours now, shouldn't I be out of this fucking forest by now?

This is the beauty of the game. Just don't play counter-strike at night unless all have night vision. This is the beauty and the fear of the night. You will know that you are vulnerable at night. You would just struggle to survive the night alive. Not just meet your friends for a counter-strike session.

Add an additional Server-Filter, pretty useful I think.

Regular/Hardcore Modes switch:

39979247_1135524_1135524.png

Make a fixed range of brightness/gamma levels for all and add night sights/scopes/binoculars.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/175096-update-rev-036115535-experimental-branch/page-22#entry1801598

This will help to solve the problem and make a good balance.

Edited by Indigitally
  • Like 1

This is the beauty of the game. Just don't play counter-strike at night unless all have night vision. This is the beauty and the fear of the night. You will know that you are vulnerable at night. You would just struggle to survive the night alive. Not just meet your friends for a counter-strike session.

Have you ever been outside at night? Outside of a city, far from light pollution?

If not, you won't probably believe it, but... YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE.

Why? 1.: your eyes adapt to the darkness and 2.: even the slightest moonlight provides enough lighting so that you can see stuff around you.

While in DayZ, the night (without adjusted gamma, brightness and clouds) is simply black. So before you start with locking people's game settings by your standards to make it "real", as some put it, you gotta fix things that actually ARE unreal.

• Like 5

You think you can write in Russian using google translate and no one would notice?

I corrected the post. 

Have you ever been outside at night? Outside of a city, far from light pollution?

Why? 1.: your eyes adapt to the darkness and 2.: even the slightest moonlight provides enough lighting so that you can see stuff around you.

While in DayZ, the night (without adjusted gamma, brightness and clouds) is simply black. So before you start with locking people's game settings by your standards to make it "real", as some put it, you gotta fix things that actually ARE unreal.

I have been outside at night in dark forest, in real life. And you cannot see anything even after your eyes adapt. Moon can help, but there must be clear skies too and near full moon.

And again, I was saying to leave a room for adjustment, but not too much. If someone see as daytime and someone else see as real night, it is not fair.

Yes, I want to fix things that are actually unreal. I have no problem with that.

It's gonna be hard on lots of people if Dean locks the Cloud settings, because clouds are one reason the game has very low FPS at the moment.

• Like 1

\

You are absolutely right. I think they should optimize the HDR to also adjust for night time just like real eyes.

Okay there are nights without moon which are completely black but most of the time the game should be pretty playable.

Also it would be awesome if the HDR would blind you temporarily if for example somebody would suddenly shine an high powered light in your night adjusted eyes.

"Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks"

Okay.. I might understand that maybe the Payday masks might be a bit tricky to wear with the ballistic helmet but why wouldn't we be able to do it with the the gas mask?? When I go at airsoft and we do zombie scenarios I wear my helmet and gas mask at the same time with no trouble. I don't see why the player wouldn't be able to do the same thing too. How are these guys doing it?

1b9e8cec8d796464c86ea9fe5878d500.jpg

Guess we'll never know.

Edited by raynor009
  • Like 4

You should be able to hack a bit on a tree and get sticks from it since we can already chop down some of the bushes.

i can't agree with you more!

Is it right that you cant wear a vest and a holster for the gun the same time?  :(

yes, of course

Medical: Player could vault with broken legs

Dean don't do this, broken legs are still glitchy enough as it is, vaulting is the only way to get out of most multiple story buildings. Buildings are the only things that have ever broken my legs anyways, so I think you should really fix the broken leg system before you try and balance it.

I'm serious by the way. I've broken my legs 3 times just standing upstairs, and then later my buddy was goofing around and kneecapped me with the magnum and I walked away just fine.

• Like 3

Medical: Player could vault with broken legs

Dean don't do this, broken legs are still glitchy enough as it is, vaulting is the only way to get out of most multiple story buildings. Buildings are the only things that have ever broken my legs anyways, so I think you should really fix the broken leg system before you try and balance it.

I'm serious by the way. I've broken my legs 3 times just standing upstairs, and then later my buddy was goofing around and kneecapped me with the magnum and I walked away just fine.

Totally agree here, they can't remove the only way of getting out of these building without: fixing object/terrain collision, fixing the stairs and tweaking the insane fall damage.

Some have suggested allowing respawn with broken legs but that's just the "easy way out", doesn't fix the real issue and isn't really hardcore survival.

• Like 1