rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

I can verify the same set of circumstances, although for me this happened about 2 weeks ago. i have two stations setup to play Dayz and while running with a buddy one evening he asked me why i had stopped. i turned to look back and was at least 50 meters ahead of him. i then ran back to him while watching his screen and my avatar was stuck, but in the same crouched run position, legs moving until i stopped. i ate/drank/changed weapons etc and my avatar performed all of the actions. i walked over to myself and after passing over the same spot my avatar was able to move as intended. just thought "ah...alpher" and we went on about our business. as a "tester" i probably should've tried to replicate and capture the oddity.

Interesting.  However, in this case, the avatar can not be seen by the invisible person because everything appears perfectly normal on their screen.  Also, I think it's unlikely that it's wireless connections because I am wired and my friend is wired when he went invisible.  As well as my other friend who become invisible at one point several days ago.

I'm thinking about making a thread in the general discussion to get more visibility on this issue.  It's only noticeable if you are playing with friends because there is no way to detect yourself that you are invisible (unless you attack a guy and he acts like a ghost is hitting him).  If I get another confirmed report I'll submit a ticket to the feedback tracker so there is more information.

(Didn't see this til I made a post) Yes, please do. I have problems with this all the time, My buddy and I will be trekking or searching, and all of a sudden he(or I) just won't move anymore or will be running in place doing magic tricks with his(or my) weapon. We just keep running and eventually he(or i) will reappear.  And its not because of wifi connections, My friend and I are both hardwired in with cable highspeed interwebs.

• Like 1

Can the team try and get that 3D map into a build, that we will be able to hold and view only in our hands? - that was spoken about some time back.

I have run into new players and it would be a nice interaction to give them a map and watch them using it, (for immersion & trust reasons) because so many either play dumb or actually do not understand the size of the game.

I always just tell them to go on the internet because it is too hard trying to be a tour guide to all peoples; I'd rather just say "Here take this map and we are going to X, now give it back (or keep it)."

I'm thinking about making a thread in the general discussion to get more visibility on this issue.  It's only noticeable if you are playing with friends because there is no way to detect yourself that you are invisible (unless you attack a guy and he acts like a ghost is hitting him).  If I get another confirmed report I'll submit a ticket to the feedback tracker so there is more information.

Well heres another comfirmed report lol. got shot at on the 2nd floor of the hospital from the stairwell, i could place the sound of his gunshots and hear his footsteps, but there was noone within sight, and i basically just fell over dead via ghost m4 rounds

• Like 1

Those who think it could be WIFI, not a change. Doesnt matter if its wired or wireless, if the connection speed if enough and stable.

Edited by Zeppa

ambient occlusion is not working for me in the current experimental build. It always changes itself to disabled.

Also please put more load onto the GPU or give Options that certain graphic effects are rendered by gpu only. Performance Killers are still Scene complexity aka object Detail,terrain and  ambient occlusion which everybody turns off obviously. The Thing is you can't turn off Scene complexity. You can tweak it to some degree but if you overdo it it will have Impact on the gameplay since Players are rendered by this Thing as well.

I appreciate every Performance fix so please stay on track. We Need Performance.

Hey,

do you have any tutorial on this at hand, link or something where I can understand what everything is for when optimising?

Man, if items really appear instantly when you drop them on the ground now that is going to be a huge improvement!

Can confirm that. Great improvement when you want to exchange and trade with strangers (or friends).

Are the experimental servers all currently down?  Not seeing any in my browser.

type 'experimental' in the top left box in filters and or raise your min ping

type 'experimental' in the top left box in filters and or raise your min ping

I found all the servers by turning off the BattlEye filter. They are the only servers without it

• Like 2

US

8.2.120.15:2338

8.2.120.15:2334

UK

109.169.60.29:2326

109.169.60.29:2314

Once you find one click "version" to list them all together.

There are more than that. Just click filters > BE off.

New patch kinda feels smoother at times prolly due to some optimisations.

Loving the new zombie respawn - first time I saw 7 zombies coming at me at every turn. Loving it!

Catch rain with canteen cool!

Hating new axe pose. Feels unnatural to need to raise your axe before youre able to click. Please bring back old mechanic where you can still swing from the ready pose.

It is there but if you read the known issues, it says it ain't working now

I am getting a lot of 'session lost' personally.

If you get session lost it's probably a set of server restarting. Usually the servers in location do it and they have a delay for each one.

• Like 1

Keep up the good work DayZ staff! I look forward to every new update you guys do!

One thing though that I'm slightly concerned about. The not being able to wear masks with helmets thing. It makes perfect sense for the motorcycle helmet but for opened faced helmets as well? I really feel that you guys should consider an adjustment to what helmets can or cannot except masks.

I agree with this. Can anyone confirm how this is working now? It makes no sense that I would be unable to wear a ballistic helmet and a gas mask together... that's very reflective of reality.

I like it, they made more servers than it was before, cool!
But Ping became a little worse. :D

39970115_1135034_1135034.png

+ 5-10 else...

I agree with this. Can anyone confirm how this is working now? It makes no sense that I would be unable to wear a ballistic helmet and a gas mask together... that's very reflective of reality.

Yes I've been wondering about this.

For the axe pose... It's funny to hear someone complain that it's unnatural to have to raise your axe before you can swing it. It's not at all, because, in real life, you have to raise your axe before you swing it. And now, it's clear what your intent is - as it used to be only with the guns. If that axe is up, it's fair to assume you're going to swing it. If it's down, it's not. The benefits outweigh the frustration at having to adjust. And, it took me about a minute to adjust.

I would like to see a melee block, though; which if I recall correctly, the other ready raised stance allowed. You could even do this with guns, too; but with both, there should be some damage to the weapon involved when using it that way.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 6

Great work team. Already fixes a lot of annoying stuff, like the drop fix.