rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental Branch: 0.42.116002

:( I don't like it. I prefer more zombies and possibility of clear the city.

maybe they spawn in woods and wonder in town

• Gear: hard headgear (ballistic, moto, construction and pilot helmets) cannot be wear together with masks

I predict this will get a lot of backlash.  ^_^

I love the crazy fast work you guys are doing .. Anyway the fall damage could be tweaked a bit ? I've fallen off of many 8 ft staircases and died since the last patch , but if anything I should have broken a leg

No, it's not desync, I am running away down the stairs while an invisible player is axing me yet my friend could see him.  I am posing this because it has only happened when the player was in the new high ready axe position implemented in this patch.  Maybe there is an issue with it.

how do you know he was in that position? he was invisible. maybe your friend was invisible too. mwahaha

Edited by ministelis

Graphics: Spot light culling fixed - does this mean torches don't go through walls anymore?

lots of great changes and fixes, eagerly awaiting coming to stable!

how do you know he was in that position? he was invisible.

.... he said his friend could see the guy, that would be my guess.

Melee: Cannot conduct melee attack from "lowered" melee stance (press space to chance stance to "raised")

Didint like it, if possible i would vote for the "lowered" stance attack.

Allso didnt like if my character stoped for taking out my axe. You run into zombie and try to take your axe in the and really quickly and you just stop and get a hit.

Oh, we're so sorry, Mr. Jackie Chan!

All right, there seems to be a MAJOR issue with this update.  This has happened to me, my friend, and another guy that we killed but was behaving strangely until we figured it out.

Some players are invisible to others.  You also can not hear their direct chat.

I was in a building and a man ran up the stairs with an axe.  I could not see him but my friend could who was right next to me.  I could hear his axe shots hit the wall but could not see him.  He wound up killing me.

Earlier, a friend of mine ran into a building and started axing someone with a loaded weapon.  He ran away and thought he was safe with my friend standing right in front of him.  He started to bandage like nobody was there. My friend and I could both clearly see him but he couldn't see my friend.

This just happened 10 minutes ago but haven't been able to replicate it.  Anyone else experiencing this?

Note:  Both times a person was invisible, they were holding an axe in the "high ready" swinging position.  Maybe there is a correlation here.

Fraps+bug report. Easy as that.

how do you know he was in that position? he was invisible. maybe your friend was invisible too. mwahaha

Because my friend saw him and you can only swing the axe now from the new position.

Fraps+bug report. Easy as that.

I'll try and record future sessions but I have no idea how to reproduce what happened.  

It's an interim step.  They want more zombies in the game and a better "improved" respawn system.  Why cannot people do their research!?

lol... is just my opinion about respawns.

• Graphics: Adding lights to currently rendered scene changed

Does not seem to work properly, just a hint.

Some people just won't be happy until they can do this in game.

GXUXUvt.gif

• Like 6

Tried out experimental for about 10 minutes.  Loot seemed to be better, but i really noticed that the game in general had a much smoother feel to it, not choppy at all.  Didn't get to try a melee weapon yet... i broke my legs falling from a short drop.  Pumped to keep playing though, keep up the good work guys.

Love it >.< Just want to say dean i thank you for destroying my social life because i am IN LOVE with his game..... thank god my girlfriend is too so i get to play as much as i want ;D

Keep it up man, you really are making my perfect idea of a zombie survival game without stupid mutants etc. just pure 'walking dead' i suppose i could put it BUT its not, it's DayZ :3

Much love <3

I totally agree.. pretty much my perfect idea of a zombie game too.. you just have to be a lateral thinker and common sense will tell you what features they are going to add to the game...

SO GOOD

im not seeing any .37 servers. are there any that are up right now?

Change max ping to over 300,  most experimental servers are 100+ ping as they are 50 player servers almost filled.

Edited by Mrshzzit
  • Like 1

Tried out experimental for about 10 minutes.  Loot seemed to be better, but i really noticed that the game in general had a much smoother feel to it, not choppy at all.  Didn't get to try a melee weapon yet... i broke my legs falling from a short drop.  Pumped to keep playing though, keep up the good work guys.

Loot got worse in some older buildings like the pupsmall (no loot anymore in middle room and back room) and hallmedium (no loot at all anymore) so getting food on 50/50 servers is harder then before if you travel inland.One the other side the loot of the new policestaion and the small medicenter is awesome.Found a M4 in the police station there right after spawning on the server...but on the other way what ya do with a M4 without ammo (run to military camp to get some...so SKS or something better choice for beginning) :)

Nice Update I'm mainly looking forward to testing out the Persistent System though.  Any ETA on when that will hit the EXP server?  Since ya'll said it was pretty much wrapped up to be started with Backpacks.

Nice Update I'm mainly looking forward to testing out the Persistent System though.  Any ETA on when that will hit the EXP server?  Since ya'll said it was pretty much wrapped up to be started with Backpacks.

I cant wait for that my self.  All those hard hours you spend finding shit, you can now just hide it in some secret spot, so after you get KOS or die, you can just hit your location and stock up on basics like food n water.  Maybe even a pistol etc.

haha cool, be cooler when we can light fires and use fire wood and cooking, cant WAIT

Yes sir it will be but I can sense fires coming in the next few updates , they have already added gettin wet (fire dries wet clothes and people ) and now they are adding this beautiful new lighting that looks perfect for fire ? There's definitely gonna be fire soon in my opinion :)