Sign in to follow this  
entspeak

Getting wet - aural instead of visual cue

Started playing the latest experimental build and love the addition of the ability to get wet... don't know how it affects things, yet, but it's a cool addition. (Imagine needing to eat more often because you need the energy to keep your body warm).

I know the new alert system for getting wet is a test - possibly a placeholder; this is just an idea.

Since things like hiding out in a tree can keep you dry (why, I don't know)... the getting wet status changes quite a often.  What if there was a new sound added when you were getting wet - the sound of the rain hitting you.  This way, you'd be able to know if you were getting wet without the need for any visual cue.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 2

Interesting. But then, how exactly would that sound?

Interesting. But then, how exactly would that sound?

Wear a hat out in the rain, note how it makes a water on canvas sound. I think this would suit, or some variation.

• Like 1

Wear a hat out in the rain, note how it makes a water on canvas sound. I think this would suit, or some variation.

Well, i like it. Good job, OP!

• Like 1

Hey dude, check out the link in my sig. 

I'd love if you posted this idea in my thread as well. Trying to compile ideas like this. :)

i was about to post thsi exact thing, but thought id search first and here it is.

when "getting wet", the sound should be slightly more of a tapping sound, like how it is on the peak of baseball cap , tap tap tap. this needs to be implimented in future!