rotteck

why are people doing this ?

hi guys,

a few days ago, i experienxed something very stupid and ridiculous:

i was near the factory, running south to meet my friend in kamyshovo, when i saw a group of 13 Players (yep, 13. not maybe 7 and i was too layzy to count...), walking towards me. some of them had crowbars and shovels, so i said, they better shouldnt come near me ( i was fully geared, m4 + attachements, tons of ammo, milit. gear, etc. ).

they stopped and waited for a couple of seconds but then started running towards me trying to hit me with crowbars and shovels. so i started to shoot at them. it was one gigantic mess. everyone was attacking me and i changed the firemode to auto (normally i have it on single because IF i attack, i aim for the head, so i dont need to waste tons of bullets) and just sprayed the bullets in every direction, they, and me, were running circles around each other, hitting me and themselves, but at the end i killed them all...

but some of them seemed to respawn right near me because there were new people running towards me, trying to beat me to death...

at the end, i ran out of ammo ( i fired at least 300 rounds (ammo box) + 4x 60 rounds (magazines) and ran away after one of the "waves" ended.

you cant kill somebody with crowbars and other crap if he has an m4. its technically impossible ( at least if this person is me :D )

please stop with the "oooooh im pissed of cuz i died so im gonna try to kill anyone i see becuz i have nothing to loose"

tell me what you think of these guys :D

rotteck

Edited by rotteck

Uhhh... If you've got gear and I have nothing... I'm definitely going for it. It has nothing to do with being pissed off about dying. This whole post gives me even more reason to take you out really.

• Like 9

See what I would have done was tried to make friends.

Maybe offered you some food and stuff in exchange for protection...then, once your guard was down, POW! right in the kisser!

:P

[EDIT: That's not how I play though. I have to say if you're running down the coast fully geared...you're just begging to be mugged.]

Edited by Rhodes
  • Like 6

Don't trust bambis, they are usually psychotic and will try to knock you out. I warn them to keep their distance and if they get too close I just shoot them.

Here's a better question, why were you in a spawn zone with a fully geared out character? If you go and get fully military geared up and then go back to the coast, you deserve to lose your gear to fresh spawns tbh. I would make no distinction between you going to "meet your friend" and someone coming to the coast to kill fresh spawns with their uber gear. I would repeatedly rush and box you as well... gear on the coast is forfeit.

See, that scenario actually sounds like a great idea from a Bambi group perspective - against a 'less skilled' bandit weight of numbers will probably pay off (albeit they should go in punching for the head, they'd probably score a KO and prevent some gear damage). Sounds like a lot of fun actually, wish I had a big enough group to pull that off.

You have to give credit to people finding new ways to play!

• Like 1

Silly question what's the button to change fire modes on an m4?

F by default

Bambis become more and more aggressive because a lot of geared people just like to hold bambis hostage for an hour straight talking shit and breaking your leg if you try to run or say anything. Then talk more shit as they watch you crawl for another 20 mins, all while beating you up and bandaging and saline bagging you so you cant die. 

I try to beat the shit out of geared players mostly for that reason.

i guess somebody forgot the rules of a gun fight

but i guess when you get desparate you get stupid

gunfighting_rules.jpg

• Like 3

if im a fresh spawn I will rush you and try and knock you out, whats gonna happen your gonna kill me and send me back to the coast? oh no not that!

Edited by Gerandar

Silly question what's the button to change fire modes on an m4?

F by default

Thats weird, mine is T to switch firing modes and F is use by default.

• Like 1

Thats weird, mine is T to switch firing modes and F is use by default.

oh...is it?

I'm getting my arma keys confused again. Sorry about that. My mistake!

See what I would have done was tried to make friends.

Maybe offered you some food and stuff in exchange for protection...then, once your guard was down, POW! right in the kisser!

:P

[EDIT: That's not how I play though. I have to say if you're running down the coast fully geared...you're just begging to be mugged.]

No honor pos

No honor pos

You should read the bottom of that very quote, champ.

If you really want to know my playstyle check out this thread. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167064-killing-unarmed-players/?hl=%2Bkilling+%2Bunarmed+%2Bplayers

Don't be so judgmental there buddy. :)

[EDIT: ALSO! If I were that type of player, the "getting someone to let their guard down" is a valid tactic. I agree that it's shitty, and it's happened to me before, but still...if it works, someone will use it.]

Edited by Rhodes

Funny thing... I told my non-gamer friend about Dayz and how oddly fun it was to even just loot for food...  He asked if there was a real penalty when dead like you couldn't play again for a day.

If there is a 5 min timer for joining servers too soon, shouldn't there be a timer for getting yourself killed?

• Like 2

The real question is, if they had won. Who would have gotten your gear? What would have happened after that? I like to think that someone would have quickly looted it then gotten lynched himself.

Some posts make me wonder a bit. I think it's unrealistic.

"Hurr, nothing to lose, gonna rush you!" Well, you don't have much to lose from a technical POV, but I personally don't think rushing armed people that did not yet show any hostile action towards you is realistic or healthy.

I also like to point out that not every armed or geared player on the coast is automatically hostile to all. Yes, there are these people, but then there's also friendly people and groups. My group does relief ops to coastal regions from time to time to help anyone. Best protection is to have some gear that makes your task easier.

Or, in short, I like to play more realistic, which means I try not to die.

• Like 2

You should read the bottom of that very quote, champ.

If you really want to know my playstyle check out this thread. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167064-killing-unarmed-players/?hl=%2Bkilling+%2Bunarmed+%2Bplayers

Don't be so judgmental there buddy. :)

[EDIT: ALSO! If I were that type of player, the "getting someone to let their guard down" is a valid tactic. I agree that it's shitty, and it's happened to me before, but still...if it works, someone will use it.]

By default remark was not directed at you obv. People that play this way are the worst scum. Bottom of the barrel

Edited by Highlander007

Another issue with a "freshie" might be, that he is pissed because somebody most likely killed him moments before.

Hence he might want to vent his rage  upon first player he sees.

And yeah, I know what I'm talking about  :blush:

Funny thing... I told my non-gamer friend about Dayz and how oddly fun it was to even just loot for food...  He asked if there was a real penalty when dead like you couldn't play again for a day.

If there is a 5 min timer for joining servers too soon, shouldn't there be a timer for getting yourself killed?

Hmmmmm