ztranger

While I was waiting for my team-mate at Krasnostav, I had the chance to briefly meet 3 survivors.. They no longer exist

"We went so seek other survivors-"

"and kill them"

C'mon.

You are the kind of people we/I hate xD

• Like 3

"We went so seek other survivors-"

"and kill them"

C'mon.

You are the kind of people we/I hate xD

Spot on. Pointless senseless killing for easy loot they cant be bothered gathering and to feel "pro". Already getting a group together to hunt down people just like this after only 17hr in the game. These sort in game make others KOS, rather than actually converse/cooperate and assist others who are like minded because they dont want to run the risk that others are just like him. 

• Like 2

Oh dear.

When i hear multiple gunshots, i think:

=> there are  at least 2 people, because normally no-1 shoots, when he's alone (rednex excluded, ofc).

=> grab my stuff, and run into the woods.

Maybe i see him/them again, and follow  (and eventually kill) them (when i'm sure there is no danger).

But luckely(?) he won both fights, good for you.

P.S. I will never use the mountain backpack.

Hunting is much more stylish and effective xD

I'm curious, how it would have turned out, if the 1st guy wouldn't have had a M4 ;)

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 2

What they said. 

You had a perfect position to observe the area from and yet you left it to go hunting players that hadn't posed a threat.

If you don't wanna have fire-fights in dayz why don't you all just run off and hide in a bush next to a pond near a small village and wait all day?

Not KoSing doesn't mean carebear. I enjoy firefights, but only after interacting with the other shooter.

• Like 2

I dont think Id consider either of his kills to involve much of a fire fight.

• Like 1

Wow, the amount of pacifists and "friendlies" here is mind blowing. I wonder how many of you actually go around befriending everybody. I also wonder how many times you got shot in the face after yelling "friendly".

Do most people on this thread just go around talking first and only returning fire after getting shot first? Even when outnumbered and in a town like Krasnostav? I've been playing dayz and arma mods for a bit now, and one thing I've learned is that whoever sees the other one first has the upper-hand and you should use that advantage to make sure that you and your actual team come out on top. You kill so you and your actual friends can survive. So everybody with a gun is a very serious threat when one single shot can mean a trip to the beach for you.

Thanks to my good pal ztranger, I was able to gear up and survive a bit longer. And to me (and i'm pretty sure i'm not alone here), that's what dayz is all about. He had no backup and had at least 3 armed players on the town he was in. A town that is now a bit like Stary Sobor used to be on the mod, so I don't really see any other way that could have gone down.

Sure he could have tried talking to them (giving away his presence and position), or maybe just hide in the bushes as someone mentioned, but what fun is there doing that? What would he (actually, we) gain by that besides a very high probability of getting killed?

If you want to be friendly that's fine, just get a melee weapon to kill some zombies and don't pick up any guns and see how that goes. Also.. you might be in the wrong game.

• Like 3

Unfortunately I don't believe DayZ has a parlay, so all the whining is a bit unproductive.  In game I hunt your kind, so I hope we meet.  Though when bored I'll take pot shots at anything that runs.

• Like 1

Wow, the amount of pacifists and "friendlies" here is mind blowing. I wonder how many of you actually go around befriending everybody. I also wonder how many times you got shot in the face after yelling "friendly".

If you want to be friendly that's fine, just get a melee weapon to kill some zombies and don't pick up any guns and see how that goes. Also.. you might be in the wrong game.

Maybe you don't realize it yet, but there's a very large and very well organized population of players belonging to groups that consider themselves 'heroes' of the survivalists.. I can assure you they're among the best killers in the game.  Unlike yourself, they're not so contrived to believe that the presence of guns turns the game into a PVP deathmatch, though if provoked they'd be more than capable of sending a noob like you to a beach. 

• Like 6

Hello gents,

I'll try to reply each one of you stating my point of view.

irishboy, the first guy had a pristine camouflaged mosin, mine was worn (that's not the killing reason). The m4 that I had after was in the top room of the office building. And those shots were .357 shots.. I assumed he was killing zombies (I could have been wrong.. I had a bit of luck with that guess)

Mr Sinister, I do "travel" a lot to find loot.. I dont kill for loot.. I kill so I coulnd not be killed and survive a bit longer. Last but not least, "pro" is not the feeling that I get after killing. Remember, I "kos" not because I was in a bad mood.. there are reasons behind it.. and as Ved said.. Arma and Dayz (mod) taught us some things the hard way.

Terminal Boy, The office building spawns weapons, it's not the perfect place to be, by far.. If he spotted me first he could think that I was a threat.

Noface, you're right. Cold and true.

Korsbaek, I killed them so I could not be killed.. I make mine, ved's words. Chances to survive decreases if the enemy/other players are aware of your presence/position.

GpB311, you're right.

Mr Jizz, Thanks.. PS: I don't hate you :p

Ved, I couldn't have post a better answer!!!! period!

Well.. I hope I can be less hated after this and ved's post :)

Thank you guys for taking some time to reply to my post and, ofc, watching the video.

Cheers.

• Like 3

MuddyRaccoon, you're right, except that I don't fit myself into that kind, as you say.

Mr Jizz, there's a large group of heroes, yes indeed. I was alone at that moment. There are bandits and survivors that are at the same level as those heroes regarding the "killing skill". All of them also die, quiet a lot. It's not a noob thing or pro thing, pal. It's a matter of killing and period, because I (we) have died a lot by trying to be friendly or less hostile. And I think you as well have died a lot when trying to be friendly.. Another thing that led us all to kill is the fact that we don't believe in people we don't know, because back stabbed, because betrayal or just because: "Hello there, don't shoot.. I'm frie..." *bang*bang* - YOU'RE DEAD. I think you know what I mean. There are plenty of factors that can influence your decision at that instant.

Cheers.

Wow, the amount of pacifists and "friendlies" here is mind blowing.  

Do most people on this thread just go around talking first and only returning fire after getting shot first?

That's what they'll have you believe.  I have joined a few "No-KoS" groups that only KoS'd.  "Oh, well, he had a gun so he had to die."  Wait, isn't that KoS?  Finally found a hero group though.  Thanks to Beck's Privateers for an honest no-KoS policy.

Ironically enough, most of these people would also probably argue for freedom of playstyle.

"Play this game however you want, unless it effects me negatively.  Then don't play it however you want!"

• Like 2

Maybe you don't realize it yet, but there's a very large and very well organized population of players belonging to groups that consider themselves 'heroes' of the survivalists.. I can assure you they're among the best killers in the game.  Unlike yourself, they're not so contrived to believe that the presence of guns turns the game into a PVP deathmatch, though if provoked they'd be more than capable of sending a noob like you to a beach. 

Ha... I knew it was just a matter of time before someone called me a noob for surviving in a survival game. I actually know those self appointed "heroes" all too well. Sitting on their hill or running around coastal towns acting like judge and jury and disguising their killings by saying they're killing "bandits" and then patting themselves on the back for their good deed of the day.

If you feel good inside by being a "hero of the survivalist", go ahead and do that. It's an open ended game, which I believe is why we all love the game, so you're free to play it however you like. I won't call you a noob for that, you're just another player.

When I play though, only me and my team/friends are the "heroes", so we don't need hand holding by your Robin Hoodesque team of merry men. Everybody else is a threat and will be kos 95% of the time if they're armed. Including you and your so called very well organized population of heroes of the survivalists if we ever cross paths.

So in the end, the truth is: we survived. How is that a bad/noob thing to do in a survival game?

• Like 3

Ha... I knew it was just a matter of time before someone called me a noob for surviving in a survival game. I actually know those self appointed "heroes" all too well. Sitting on their hill or running around coastal towns acting like judge and jury and disguising their killings by saying they're killing "bandits" and then patting themselves on the back for their good deed of the day.

If you feel good inside by being a "hero of the survivalist", go ahead and do that. It's an open ended game, which I believe is why we all love the game, so you're free to play it however you like. I won't call you a noob for that, you're just another player.

When I play though, only me and my team/friends are the "heroes", so we don't need hand holding by your Robin Hoodesque team of merry men. Everybody else is a threat and will be kos 95% of the time if they're armed. Including you and your so called very well organized population of heroes of the survivalists if we ever cross paths.

So in the end, the truth is: we survived. How is that a bad/noob thing to do in a survival game?

This can be supported by the quote "It's us or it's them." I don't remember where I heard that though.

But yeah, I can understand where you're coming from. The fact that people have different playstyles is what makes it interesting to me. Even if someone is effecting me in a negative way. I was killed recently after trying to be friendly, but I know what signs to look for that someone is hostile now.

Why is it so frowned upon to kill? I don't ever go "player hunting", but if I run into another group of people I'm probably not going to take my chances saying "Hello! Friendly!".

This guy shows signs of being someone who kos? Alright, we're gonna fight then. He seems friendly? Maybe he can be trusted. I think it's best to be prepared for a firefight, but also stay open to the fact that there might be true friendlies. And maybe get some positive interaction out of that. But that's just me.

That being said, Ved, if me and you ran into each other in DayZ we would most likely fight given that you say any armed person is kos for you. Even if you had killed me in the fight (not trying to talk shit here lol), I wouldn't just rage. I'd be upset that I died, but that's part of a "survival" game.

tldr; I don't mind different playstyles

• Like 2

Well the dude is KOS'er, that much is obvious.

On the other hand, his victims were all armed, so in a way it was a fair game.

All in all, this game is a sandbox and he likes to play with skulls :).

The thrill of manhunt might be hard to resist, on the other hand it seem a tad sad, when some folks don't know anything else.

This can be supported by the quote "It's us or it's them." I don't remember where I heard that though.

That being said, Ved, if me and you ran into each other in DayZ we would most likely fight given that you say any armed person is kos for you. Even if you had killed me in the fight (not trying to talk shit here lol), I wouldn't just rage. I'd be upset that I died, but that's part of a "survival" game.

tldr; I don't mind different playstyles

Yes, I would most likely shoot at you and may the best/most lucky/most skillful/etc man survive. I also don't see anything wrong with that as it's the very nature of the game.

I would obviously also be pissed off if i was the one perishing in that encounter, but that is Dayz, so I appreciate that you at least understand the possible outcomes of playing the game.

This is not Wonderland people, it's Chernarus and death sits at every corner and behind every tree :-)

• Like 3

What, seriously? Don't be turning this place into a Reddit-style care bear circle jerk.

Killing other players is not only extremely common but also perfectly acceptable and furthermore all the players he shot were well-armed so I'm baffled why anyone would have a problem with it.

• Like 8

I tried the friendly game when I first started playing... now I kill anything that is a threat which includes everything with a gun, and even go as far as ungeared players that are in an area if there are a lot of guns laying around from previously killed players. 

Guess what... I live much longer now and stay better geared. 

This game would be boring as shit if players weren't a threat. If you really enjoy hitting the occasional mindless zombie and eating a can of beans every hour or so... IDK what to tell you but it sounds terrible. 

On that same note I enjoy the interactions between random people I meet... but if I see an armed player, and they don't start acting real friendly... real quick. I'm shooting. 

TLDR version... welcome to the apocalypse. No one is safe. 

Edited by UGLYMRJ
  • Like 3

Oh dear.

When i hear multiple gunshots, i think:

=> there are  at least 2 people, because normally no-1 shoots, when he's alone (rednex excluded, ofc).

=> grab my stuff, and run into the woods.

Maybe i see him/them again, and follow  (and eventually kill) them (when i'm sure there is no danger).

But luckely(?) he won both fights, good for you.

P.S. I will never use the mountain backpack.

Hunting is much more stylish and effective xD

I'm curious, how it would have turned out, if the 1st guy wouldn't have had a M4 ;)

Hey! B) I run alone and shoot zombies. And I'm not a redneck! I don't carry a melee anymore for the challenge. Fists and guns! (of course I get kos from time to time by players who can easily spot me, but I encountered a few fellas that saw what I was doing and just went to meet me since I was "clearing the infestation". They thought most bandits just hide and stalk and don't waste ammo on zombies, they were right.

Anyway, agreed on the backpack. But my love goes to the improvised one. I always make one as soon as I can! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Honestly the only thing I really hate about this video is the latency. The guy at the bottom of the stairs, if it was his mates that got killed on the top floor, he should just have killed you while you were looting his buddy. If not, then he would have killed you for sure when you passed the door on the bottom of the stairs. He shot after even though if it was in real time, would have saw you before you saw him. (either that or he is extremely slow, which I doubt judging he was waiting at the bottom of the stairs all this time, adrenaline pumping. He would have shot anything that appeared on s=his screen in a split second, so the lag/latency/sync is very bad right now and makes playing a random matter far, far more than of skills or gameplay abilities... :( )

:thumbsup:  For hardcore servers. And we need bandits like him if we want some pvp fellow heroes who enjoy more helping others than killing them.

Edited by Odin Lowe
  • Like 1

Roy, not boy, Franger/Nevets.

Edited by irishroy