Owain1122

How much of the map have you explored?

It's only just occured to me today that I have explored very little of the map in the standalone compared to when I played the mod. I havent't been to the NWAF, the stranded ship, berenzino and a few parts of the central map.

How much have you guys explored?

Edited by Owain1122
  • Like 1

Pretty much every bit of it. FIrst thing I did to see what was different from the mods.. I have 1 thing left to explore, the mil base NW of Balota. 

See you all there! ;)

Edited by lrish

202 hours in SA (years on the map before SA but ill stick to sa) ihave pretty much zig zagged the whole map maybe i have missed a small town here and there and certainly havent explored every forrest but i would say i have walked or looked at 80% of the map give or take..

I have explored almost every single bit of this apocalypsed land. :P I like to travel alot. ^-^

Pretty sure I've got around 90% coverage.

But some areas I only ever blaze through as fast as possible - no sense being stupid while already being reckless enough to go there in the first place...

Pretty much every bit of it. FIrst thing I did to see what was different from the mods.. I have 1 thing left to explore, the mil base NW of Balota. 

See you all there! ;)

There is nothing to see there.... honestly. Nothing.

(its only the best fing place on the map!)

Edited by MadTommy

There is nothing to see there.... honestly. Nothing.

(its only the best fing place on the map!)

Really? Thats weird..

;)

Edited by lrish

Really? Thats weird..

;)

Its a really great place for a fire fight.  Lots of cover, in a bowl in the woods with a load of good loot.  Excellent place for an ambush... see you there. :P

The majority of the player base only knows Balota, NWAF, Stary and maybe Novy with a small chance and of course Cherno and Elektro. The rest of their map is pure white...

I've been way up north and in the smaller villages but I suppose what I mean is, I haven't been to all the major landmarks yet which is strange for me!

Zelenogorsk and Soznovka are decent towns to visit, so are Stary Sobor and Novy Sobor. 

I've gone through about 30% of the towns so far in about a week whilst walking from the east coast from tulga to south of Vybor, plus explored along the coast somewhat...

K.

Has everyone found the cave then?

Cave do tell i didnt think they were able to do caves yet ??? or you just pulling my leg...

I only explore coast area from balota to berezino, I never see any place where is not possible look on ocean is no reason go no place different, everything I need is here  :thumbsup:  :)

is joke :P

I look maybe 70% of map

imagine draw line from balota to NWAF then across to svetlo and use coast to complete box  ;)

I looking very little outside this area so far :|  

but I am going today on experimental server to look west of balota travel north and try to see all :)

Edited by KoS

hummm the cave, I've been a lot of places like about 90-95% of the map pretty much aside from a sliver running down the western edge of the map and the island on the S/E corner, never seen any cave, I have heard it mentioned before.

Edited by Window Licker

Probs 75 %. have always wondered what happens when you reach the edge? Is there invisible wall? Or just steep mountains? 

I've explored maybe 50-65% of the map borders, and managed to wander off the map into the grassless, treeless void of hills twice(Seriously wierd experience the first time :P). Waiting for the game to introduce more survival options (hunting, etc) before I delve deeper into the wilds, until then I'm sticking to the areas around the towns. Still yet to explore the coast properly though (Not visited the shipwreck or Svetlo)

I've only been playing since mid Jan, and realised not so long ago I never had a clue where I was or where I was headed so I have been making my way from the east coast all the way round to the west, where I encountered Cherno for the first time (less exciting after scouting it out than I first imagined) After this I might stick to the west and head north rather than getting lost in the centre as I have no compass yet. I love the exploring, free roaming is such win.

Everything but Cherno/ Balota, (working on my gear and skills before I go there) and those little islands off the coast. Got lost way up north once. A road sign or two up there to direct you back to the game would be useful for us explorers- it's a wasteland up there. Fun to wander though.

Ive only got 80+ hours so far. But Im sure Ive seen 85-90% of the map.

I rarely stay in one place, I like traveling with a goal.

The only part I havent really bothered looking into, is the northern border of the map.

Everything but Cherno/ Balota, (working on my gear and skills before I go there) and those little islands off the coast. Got lost way up north once. A road sign or two up there to direct you back to the game would be useful for us explorers- it's a wasteland up there. Fun to wander though.

I thought I had a good idea of the map after playing the mod for over a year but I started following one of the new roads and got lost in the north without a compass for hours!

• Like 1