Sign in to follow this  
Warheart

Game lacks support for AMD Cpu's & Amd Crossfire systems

This lack of crossfire & sli support still bugs me big time.

The year is 2014 and the engine wont support it?

Many people utilize multiple video cards in their systems nowdays.

I got my first CF build 5 years ago and back then it was acceptable that not many games did not utilize them.

Also the weak performance of the AMD FX series processors are lame.

Game needs alot of cpu power but wont utilize the cores well they are like half used all the time.

The main issue is not that this game is alpha. The bigger issues is that this game engine has major problems for AMD hardware.

I have read that the Nvidia SLI support is also missing but atleast Intel cpu's are doing better in this game than Amd.

I havent managed to find any offical answer when this game is starting to utilize CF or SLI.

Or maybe it never does but it would be shame that the game itself is very good but the Engine basis is rotten at the bottom?.

Would be nice to get real answers from the game developers to questions like this.

Good Day

• Like 4

Answer. Alpha.

Thats no excuse for some people not being able to play the game just because of their hardware.

• Like 1

Thats no excuse for some people not being able to play the game just because of their hardware.

Its not a game. Its an early access alpha test. There has been little to no optimization. And your gaming experience may be interrupted. Check back later.

I reiterate, you were warned you may not be able to play. This is an Alpha, not a game.

• Like 1

Its not a game. Its an early access alpha test. There has been little to no optimization. And your gaming experience may be interrupted. Check back later.

I reiterate, you were warned you may not be able to play. This is an Alpha, not a game.

Sir you are not even funny.

Please go post the nonesense somewhere else.

That's stupid.

Its like buying a car and not being able to drive on the road, because your tires are different to everyone else's.

That's stupid.

Its like buying a car and not being able to drive on the road, because your tires are different to everyone else's.

No its like giving money to a car builder, to build a car, that includes a test drive and a tour. You get the car a year from now.

• Like 1

No its like giving money to a car builder, to build a car, that includes a test drive and a tour. You get the car a year from now.

You guys can hate him all you want... hes not wrong...

• Like 2

Huh? let me cite the steam shop page:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

and 

DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process. Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle.

I think you have been warned...

Sir you are not even funny.

Please go post the nonesense somewhere else.

Let me make this clear to you users:

Rauchsauger

Judopunch

I am supporting the development by creating this thread.

Seems you guys are lacking some intelligence or maybe you have problems reading the text i made.

You both are clearly not helping the development at all.

Rauchsauger

Judopunch

Seems you guys are lacking some intelligence or maybe you have problems reading the text i made.

When it comes to PC game software development, optimization is mostly done in the beta phase. You'll have to wait. That was the point of their posts, which clearly went over your head.

Edited by t1337Dude
  • Like 1

i got AMD, i can´t play at nighttime, because all the building starts to flash and my game crashes. not good.

I havent managed to find any offical answer when this game is starting to utilize CF or SLI.

well i have crossfire, and it runs FINE.

AMD is slacking, as in they have not made a pre-defined profile for dayz yet, however.. if you select the Arma2AO profile for dayz, crossfire runs like a boss.

ohh and the arma2AO profile thing, i managed to find that on google, with a quick search.

CF/SLI profiles however, that responsibility lies with AMD/Nvidia, since they put profiles for the game in their drivers.

Edited by mosibfu
  • Like 2

well i have crossfire, and it runs FINE.

AMD is slacking, as in they have not made a pre-defined profile for dayz yet, however.. if you select the Arma2AO profile for dayz, crossfire runs like a boss.

ohh and the arma2AO profile thing, i managed to find that on google, with a quick search.

CF/SLI profiles however, that responsibility lies with AMD/Nvidia, since they put profiles for the game in their drivers.

Hey

Thanks for answer!

I have tried AFR Frienly but it didint help that much (1-3FPS At most)

I will try that when i get back to home.

Here's beans for you Sir

Ahhh this explains alot :P i have an FX8150 and HD7850 wich usualy runs (new) games at medium settings 60FPS with no issues. But Dayz is barely hitting 30 when i'm lucky and mostly 20 fps while overheating my PCI slot and underusing my CPU.

But yeah. optimization is usualy one of the last steps in development so no rush for me :D

• Like 1

Sadly.. You didn't pay to play the game, you paid to help early development. Optimization is something they've stated is currently being worked on. You say "it's stupid" but maybe your stupider for not reading before you bought?

Plus what AMD do you have, I have a fx-8350 OC'd to 4.5g and sapphire 7970 and get 50+ in Elektro while recording or streaming.

wow full of fail.

its a bloody alpha test...stop thinking your entitled to anything.

and take it from someone who has been "computing" since the days of yore.I have never once bought in to AMD. Immediately switched to NVIDIA when AMD bought out ATI.

enough said about that...no regrets always happy with my intel products.

Our testing systems

First one has FX-8350 @ stock clocks & GTX660TI

Second one is FX-8150 OC 4Ghz & Crossfire 6870 *This is my system*

Third system has Intel S2011 I7-3820 & GTX760

Fourth system has 4770K & GTX770

My girlfriend's old Intel Q9550 & GTX 650 runs almost same as my system.

Right now the Intel systems runs far better than the AMD Cpu systems.

I have not tried our project computer what has FX-8350 @ 5,1Ghz 8 cores enabled & Crossfire HD6970 but i belive it wont beat the Intels even on this clocks because of cpu optimization.

Six people bought this so we have some Hardware to compare.

Soon i get home and try to use the Arma2AO maybe it can make some great improvements.  :thumbsup:

Updating Later 

Rauchsauger

Judopunch

You are not supporting anything by creating this thread.  All you're doing is whining and complaining.  As the previous posters stated this is "ALPHA" and therefore not even close to being optimized.  Honestly if you do not like this answer or the ones previous, you should come back when the game goes into beta and ask this question again.

• Like 1

This is hilarious!

You are belittling people while being completely out of your depth (and a jackass to boot)

So let me "make something clear to you":

You can ask nicely if another user has a solution to your specific problem here on the forums.

But if you want something from the developers (see your opening post) make a bug report instead of an meaningless post in the forums cause this is user2user...

(http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php)

Glad to be of service

Rauchsauger

Judopunch

I have AMD and everything runs perfectly? 

Also he's not wrong about the alpha statement, they're working on implementing game functions, optimization comes later. 

Answer. Alpha.

While this guy is terribly aggravating within every thread he posts, he's actually correct in this case. SLI/CF support is generally one of the last things to be added to a game. The Real Virtuality 3 engine is pretty terrible from the ground up, but for some reason Rocket swears by it. You know it's terrible/terribly optimized when you can run current generation games at maximum settings and still achieve 60+ frames per second, but fire up an ArmA title and you're running at normal or lower settings just to squeeze out a few more frames.

• Like 1

While this guy is terribly aggravating within every thread he posts, he's actually correct in this case. SLI/CF support is generally one of the last things to be added to a game. The Real Virtuality 3 engine is pretty terrible from the ground up, but for some reason Rocket swears by it. You know it's terrible/terribly optimized when you can run current generation games at maximum settings and still achieve 60+ frames per second, but fire up an ArmA title and you're running at normal or lower settings just to squeeze out a few more frames.

I'm pretty sure it's a modified RV 2 engine which they call 2.5, not the RV 3.  I'll look for the link if you really want it.