Zorres

Option to perform CPR

I think another method to wake an ally from being unconcious would be to perform CPR on them. This method obviously isn't the most efficient, and I think the chance of success should be somewhat low (20 or 30% maybe?). I'm also seeing threads pop up about apparent 'Heart Attacks' happening in game. If this is true, I think the character should fall into an unconcious state for a short ammount of time, and if you're left without an defib, your only option is to attempt CPR and have the slightest chance of saving them.

Feel free to contribute, this is just a rough idea I've thought of in the past 10 minutes or so :P

CPR wouldn't necessarily work for a heat attack if said person if fibrillating, however it can assist with the lack of oxygen as a result of fibrillation.

• Like 1

CPR wouldn't necessarily work for a *heart attack if said person if fibrillating, however it can assist with the lack of oxygen as a result of fibrillation.

Fixed

CPR generally consists of 20-30 chest compressions and two breaths per minute. The goal is not to restart the heart, it is to manually pump oxygen rich blood to the heart and brain to prevent things like brain death and tissue destruction. Essentially you're working as their heart with chest compressions and their lungs with your breaths. Some programs such as Combat Life Saver no longer teach giving breaths as the concept is oxygen is already still in their lungs and blood, you just need to keep it circulating.

CPR wouldn't necessarily work for a heat attack if said person if fibrillating, however it can assist with the lack of oxygen as a result of fibrillation.

CPR can restart someone's heart in the event of a heart attack.  However, the chance of survival is <10% compared to an AED which statistically has a 40% success rate.  I have my level C CPR/AED training.

Edited by Barack Obama

CPR can restart someone's heart in the event of a heart attack.  The chance of survival is <10% compared to an AED which statistically has a 40% success rate.  I have my level C CPR/AED training.

He said it wouldn't necessarily work - not that it simply wouldn't at all.

Would be an interesting dynamic.  It certainly would be a big decision if, say, your buddy drops in the middle of a town overrun with zombies.  You may be forced to abandon your friend or stop during CPR to save your own life!